Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1313434 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #4620 on: October 15, 2022, 08:18:00 pm »
Five Guys --> Black Keys

It is extremely loud in here.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4621 on: October 16, 2022, 08:10:25 am »
I spent the first 3 songs or so up front, near Food Food, but my ears were literally starting to hurt. Back at the sound booth, the db meter was between 105 and 110. I wandered upstairs...the rear balcony and the top bar were vibrating with every bass drum hit. I went downstairs for a short break. There was one woman at the bar chatting up the bartender, so I plopped onto the bench and pulled out my phone to check the webs.

The music downstairs was a stark contrast to the beautiful assault happening upstairs. I think there was some Billy Joel squick playing, but then Dr. Hook's "Sexy Eyes" played. Could not have been in a more distant universe than the Black Angels.

I just watched the youtube vid (https://youtu.be/T7Eec_ND6X0) and now I cannot even with the eyepatch cowboy maracas player who is having much too much fun, and yet is the most compelling part of this video. I wonder what ever happened to that guy.

Oh, and the irony of the one-eyed cowboy maracas player singing backup on Sexy Eyes is not lost on me.

How's your Sunday morning?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 08:21:11 am by grateful »

Starsky

« Reply #4622 on: October 16, 2022, 09:25:12 am »
Five Guys --> Black Keys

It is extremely loud in here.

Oh Black Ángels!

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #4623 on: October 16, 2022, 11:07:11 am »
I wonder what ever happened to that guy.

He dead.

Dr Hook was the first act in my first concert, WPGC Toys for Tots, December xx 1978, Capital Centre. Indeed, they were highly entertaining.

Next was Firefall. A member sat out due to illness. Their hits are pretty good but they were the dullest act of the night. Pablo Cruise, pioneers of yacht rock, were full of energy and the crowd's favorite. Atlanta Rhythm Section lumbered across the finish line to end the night.
😐 🎶

Starsky

« Reply #4624 on: October 18, 2022, 07:59:38 am »
Nathaniel Rateliff and the night sweats were fun in a Van Morrison early 70s sort of way. Hiss Golden Messenger reminded me a bit of Dead jam bands.

Space Freely

« Reply #4625 on: October 18, 2022, 08:04:41 am »
Nathaniel Rateliff and the night sweats were fun in a Van Morrison early 70s sort of way. Hiss Golden Messenger reminded me a bit of Dead jam bands.

Good god I hate that Nathaniel Rateliff band. Thank you for the Van Morrison comparison. You probably nailed the exact reason why I hate them so much. They also remind me of the Commitments. They should be playing the Birchmere, not the Anthem. Oh well, give them some time.*

I don't really care for HGM either, but they seem to be easier to avoid.

But good for you that you enjoyed them. That's the great thing about being music fans in America. We can all like different stuff.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 08:15:38 am by Space Freely »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4626 on: October 18, 2022, 01:19:00 pm »
WE DEMAND AN EXPLANATION OF THE ASTERISK AFTER "TIME" IN FIRST PARAGRAPH - WHAT DOES IT (ALL) MEAN?!?!?
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #4627 on: October 18, 2022, 02:34:05 pm »
WE DEMAND AN EXPLANATION OF THE ASTERISK AFTER "TIME" IN FIRST PARAGRAPH - WHAT DOES IT (ALL) MEAN?!?!?

I meant to reference the third paragraph. I kind of felt bad for shitting all over an artist Hutch just said he enjoyed.

Starsky

« Reply #4628 on: October 19, 2022, 07:19:30 pm »
So anyone go see Jane’s and the Smashing Pumpkins? Details! How long was Jane’s set?

« Reply #4629 on: October 19, 2022, 08:24:49 pm »
So anyone go see Jane’s and the Smashing Pumpkins? Details! How long was Jane’s set?
jonathan went, but didn’t get a post show banter
slack

moeszyslak

« Reply #4630 on: October 20, 2022, 10:47:21 am »
I went to Jane's / Pumkpins.  Jane's started at 7:30 on the dot, played 11 songs for a little over an hour.  Josh Klinghoffer joined the band during Three Days and Daniel Ash for Jane's Says and they covered Bauhaus Slice of Life with Daniel as well.  Van Leeuwen was a very nice substitution for Dave being out.  Perry was Perry.  The Smashing Pumpkins light person put on a master class of stage lighting, it was very impressive.

Starsky

« Reply #4631 on: October 20, 2022, 11:13:43 am »
Wow Daniel Ash! Unreal

bearman🐻

« Reply #4632 on: October 20, 2022, 11:16:33 am »

Loved Jane's Addiction. Couldn't believe how good they sounded. Pumpkins were good...some nice moments, but lacked the fire that Jane's had. Seeing Daniel Ash as a special guest was pretty amazing. Really memorable and a nice bonus.

« Reply #4633 on: October 20, 2022, 02:55:00 pm »
good to hear Ash is getting love and attention, makes the L&R show more of a likelihood
slack

Vas Deferens

« Reply #4634 on: October 20, 2022, 05:47:05 pm »
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cj8s02-PEvx/

this woman hated the Smashing Pumpkins...
(_|_)