Author Topic: COVID-19 2020  (Read 401339 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: COVID-19 2020
« Reply #3900 on: January 11, 2022, 11:55:35 am »
Also tested positive for COVID this weekend. Fairly mild symptoms so far.

Flags have been lowered in DC…

Hope you get better quick
Honestly, I feel like 90% better on day 3. Not sure if I just got a mild case or (more likely) the vaccines and booster work as intended but it was nowhere as bad as a standard flu, for me a non-smoker in my 30s. Had I not had two positive tests from different brands, I kinda would've thought it was a false positive.
LVMH

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3901 on: January 11, 2022, 12:01:50 pm »
Jason Isbell, has got the covid. cancelling shows.

Space Freely

« Reply #3902 on: January 11, 2022, 01:58:19 pm »
So my friend (former college roommate, lives in NYC) mentioned in a hi how are you doing type of email that he had recently had COVID. His wife had also mentioned it publically on FB (that she had it.)

Is it rude for me to ask how he thinks he might have gotten it in a return email? Does it depend on the level of friendship?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3903 on: January 11, 2022, 02:01:05 pm »
So my friend (former college roommate, lives in NYC) mentioned in a hi how are you doing type of email that he had recently had COVID. His wife had also mentioned it publically on FB (that she had it.)

Is it rude for me to ask how he thinks he might have gotten it in a return email? Does it depend on the level of friendship?
All in the execution. "Dude, that sucks! Any idea how you got it?" is probably fine. Asking pointed questions about their mask wearing, distancing in groups, or grilling them on their holiday itinerary is likely going to get taken another way.

Why would you care though?
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #3904 on: January 11, 2022, 02:08:59 pm »

I would say if he emails you on the basis of, "hi, how are you" it would be perfectly acceptable to ask how he contracted covid. Weird question. And does it really matter how he contracted it? Maybe he doesn't know?

Is this the family you all had a great NYC trip with last year if I remember correctly.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 02:11:09 pm by Yada »

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3905 on: January 11, 2022, 02:47:57 pm »
Yeah, I mean at this point, nobody can really tell where they got it.

Starsky

« Reply #3906 on: January 11, 2022, 03:02:18 pm »
It’s everywhere

I read predictions that 40% of Americans will get it this wave

We have to be averaging at least 3 million daily right now

Space Freely

« Reply #3907 on: January 11, 2022, 03:07:49 pm »

I would say if he emails you on the basis of, "hi, how are you" it would be perfectly acceptable to ask how he contracted covid. Weird question. And does it really matter how he contracted it? Maybe he doesn't know?

Is this the family you all had a great NYC trip with last year if I remember correctly.

I would be asking more in a making conversation way, rather than actually caring where they got it from. They're a 50something married couple with no kids who probably take more risks than we do (e.g. riding the subway, going to the gym, indoor dining, more live entertainment than us), though I dont' judge them for it...we all have our levels of how we behave.

And if I talked about hanging with some friends in NYC the past year, yes, they were among the friends.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3908 on: January 11, 2022, 03:09:44 pm »
Here's how they got it:

riding the subway
going to the gym
indoor dining
live entertainment

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #3909 on: January 11, 2022, 03:22:39 pm »
Here's how they got it:

riding the subway
going to the gym
indoor dining
live entertainment

Close socializing for more than a few minutes
😐 🎶

Yada

« Reply #3910 on: January 11, 2022, 03:24:25 pm »
Here's how they got it:

riding the subway
going to the gym
indoor dining
live entertainment

Close socializing for more than a few minutes

Going to breweries and grocery stores

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #3911 on: January 11, 2022, 03:25:00 pm »
I should say "socializing closely". Read as the verb, "close" sounds like a demand.
😐 🎶

« Reply #3912 on: January 11, 2022, 03:26:50 pm »
so glory holes are still safe then?
slack

Yada

« Reply #3913 on: January 11, 2022, 03:29:12 pm »

I would be asking more in a making conversation way, rather than actually caring where they got it from. They're a 50something married couple with no kids who probably take more risks than we do (e.g. riding the subway, going to the gym, indoor dining, more live entertainment than us), though I dont' judge them for it...we all have our levels of how we behave.

And if I talked about hanging with some friends in NYC the past year, yes, they were among the friends.

If I remember the vacation recap approporiately, they were giant pains in the ass from your POV.

Space Freely

« Reply #3914 on: January 11, 2022, 04:07:32 pm »

If I remember the vacation recap approporiately, they were giant pains in the ass from your POV.

oh wait, different Nyc trip. Those were actually international friends that were temporarily staying in nyc. and we were thr more "careless" family