Author Topic: COVID-19 2020  (Read 401397 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: COVID-19 2020
« Reply #3945 on: January 18, 2022, 04:04:28 pm »
this should have been done spring 2020...but I guess better late than never.

we had neither the technology nor the production capacity in spring 2020 to do this.  but yes, ideally, theoretically, it would have been best if we could have done this earlier on in the pandemic.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3946 on: January 18, 2022, 04:09:17 pm »
Food for thought

https://unherd.com/thepost/israeli-vaccine-chief-we-have-made-mistakes/

"The Green Pass / vaccine passport concept is no longer relevant in the Omicron era and should be phased out (he expects it to be in short order in Israel)"

i dunno, if i was a business i would be nervous about opening my doors to the unvaxxed... what if i'm a club owner and someone sues me because they got covid at one of my shows?  i wouldn't want that person to be unvaxxed, given the increased likelihood of negative outcomes. 

i'm also generally in favor of making like difficult for the unvaxxed.  you can take up space in concerts and restaurants, or you can take up space in our hospitals - not both.
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #3947 on: January 18, 2022, 04:10:51 pm »
More people have died from covid under Biden than Trump. About 450,000 vs 430,000.

Abysmal failure. There is no getting around it.

Caveat: not getting into excess death count. If I did I would guess more have died under Trump

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3948 on: January 18, 2022, 04:14:07 pm »
More people have died from covid under Biden than Trump. About 450,000 vs 430,000.

Abysmal failure. There is no getting around it.

Caveat: not getting into excess death count. If I did I would guess more have died under Trump

That's a ridiculous measure, unless you're trying to make COVID a political issue.

Space Freely

« Reply #3949 on: January 18, 2022, 04:23:38 pm »
Food for thought

https://unherd.com/thepost/israeli-vaccine-chief-we-have-made-mistakes/

"The Green Pass / vaccine passport concept is no longer relevant in the Omicron era and should be phased out (he expects it to be in short order in Israel)"

i dunno, if i was a business i would be nervous about opening my doors to the unvaxxed... what if i'm a club owner and someone sues me because they got covid at one of my shows?  i wouldn't want that person to be unvaxxed, given the increased likelihood of negative outcomes. 

i'm also generally in favor of making like difficult for the unvaxxed.  you can take up space in concerts and restaurants, or you can take up space in our hospitals - not both.

I think the point is with Omicron, being vaccinated no longer effectively prevents you from getting it. So now what's the point of a vaccine passport?

Starsky

« Reply #3950 on: January 18, 2022, 04:25:15 pm »
No it’s not ridiculous. And Biden had the vaccines.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3951 on: January 18, 2022, 04:37:48 pm »
How is this Biden’s fault?  He wasn’t the one that politicized getting the vaccine.  A year into his presidency and you have people protesting and getting arrested at Olive Gardens over vaccine requirements.  People losing their shit over a clothing company’s mandate for its employees to be vaccinated or face testing.  Look to Faux News, MTG, etc etc etc
T.Rex

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3952 on: January 18, 2022, 04:56:20 pm »
No it’s not ridiculous. And Biden had the vaccines.

You could have framed this as pre-2021 vs. post 2021. Pre-vaccine vs Post-vaccine. But you framed it Biden vs. Trump. It's not Biden's job to convince antivaxxers to get vaxxed. Horse to water etc.

And yes, what Kosmo said.

Starsky

« Reply #3953 on: January 18, 2022, 05:42:34 pm »
It’s not about fault although one could debate that..

The buck stops with the president

It doesn’t matter if he is a democrat or Republican

The fact remains more people died - according to the official count- under President Biden than Trump.

Space Freely

« Reply #3954 on: January 18, 2022, 05:57:27 pm »
It’s not about fault although one could debate that..

The buck stops with the president

It doesn’t matter if he is a democrat or Republican

The fact remains more people died - according to the official count- under President Biden than Trump.

At this point it's 12 months of deaths for Biden vs. 10 months for Trump. And with deaths lagging cases, some of the deaths on Biden's watch were cases from Trump's watch.

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #3955 on: January 18, 2022, 06:03:48 pm »

I think the point is with Omicron, being vaccinated no longer effectively prevents you from getting it. So now what's the point of a vaccine passport?

I mean the vaccine's primary job is to prevent you from going into the hospital. And I'm fine with vaccine passports, reward those who actually did the right thing and not the morons who avoided getting jabbed which resulted in all these mutations/variants/deaths.

Starsky

« Reply #3956 on: January 18, 2022, 06:11:54 pm »
If we believe an overwhelming amount of the excess death count is due to covid then we are looking at over 1.1 million Americans have died from covid.

It’s really unbelievable.

It means about 1 in 300 Americans have died from covid.

To put that in perspective it’s like going to a sold out show at the 930 and 3 or 4 people are gone.

I find it staggering…

We are getting into numbers approaching the so called Spanish flu… the big difference is in that case it seemed to kill primarily young men while in this case it seems to affect most the elderly

The point I was making isn’t that Biden has been worse than Trump….just that the response under Biden has sucked ass… 

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3957 on: January 18, 2022, 06:25:28 pm »
So Biden is responsible for the non actions taking place in the red states?  He tried to mandate vaccines in large companies and for federal contractors  but they got struck down by the courts.

T.Rex

Starsky

« Reply #3958 on: January 18, 2022, 06:38:00 pm »
There have been plenty of people dying everywhere

But at the end of the day the president is the president.

Half a million people dying in his presidency from covid can’t be ignored. And what happens when god forbid it’s many more… At what point does he bear any responsibility?

They were supposed to get this under control and it hasn’t happened.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #3959 on: January 18, 2022, 06:40:53 pm »
The majority of the people testing positive, in the hospital or dead are Republicans taking Trumps advice. The majority of vaxxed and boosted are Democrats.  Explain to me how thats Biden's fault.