Author Topic: COVID-19 2020  (Read 401413 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: COVID-19 2020
« Reply #3960 on: January 18, 2022, 06:41:57 pm »
Biden has no influence over the people who are still listening to Trump.

Space Freely

« Reply #3961 on: January 18, 2022, 06:44:23 pm »
The majority of the people testing positive, in the hospital or dead are Republicans taking Trumps advice. The majority of vaxxed and boosted are Democrats.  Explain to me how thats Biden's fault.

Trump himself is vaxxed and boosted. He's not telling anyone they shouldn't get vaccinated.

In fact, he sounds very pro-vaccine.

DONALD TRUMP
Trump calls politicians who refuse to say they received Covid boosters 'gutless'

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-calls-politicians-who-refuse-say-they-received-covid-boosters-n1287342
« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 06:47:06 pm by Space Freely »

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #3962 on: January 18, 2022, 06:56:32 pm »

Trump himself is vaxxed and boosted. He's not telling anyone they shouldn't get vaccinated.

DONALD TRUMP
Trump calls politicians who refuse to say they received Covid boosters 'gutless'

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-calls-politicians-who-refuse-say-they-received-covid-boosters-n1287342

Trump was NEVER out there promoting the vaccine, come on. He got the vaccine in secret and never wanted it publicized. This is well-known stuff.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-got-covid-vaccine-january-1135185/

Space Freely

« Reply #3963 on: January 18, 2022, 07:56:03 pm »

DONALD TRUMP

Trump was NEVER out there promoting the vaccine, come on. He got the vaccine in secret and never wanted it publicized. This is well-known stuff.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-got-covid-vaccine-january-1135185/

My point was that the people who aren't getting vaccinated aren't making that choice because of what Trump is saying, or not saying.

Trump can be blamed for a lot of things, but I'm not blaming this one on him. There are plenty of politicians, preachers, and radio hosts out there preaching against the vaccine, that people are listening to. I don't think Trump ever did that.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 07:57:57 pm by Space Freely »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3964 on: January 18, 2022, 08:01:11 pm »

this is indeed a welcome development.  over the past few months he's realized it is politically beneficial for him to claim credit for the vaccine's development, but it's pointless to claim credit for something (his) people don't want so he's belatedly starting pimping it... kinda.  every time i've seen him encourage folks to get the shot, he does so very lightly: "get the shot - if you want, but of course you have your freedoms so do whatever you please."  pretty weak.

DONALD TRUMP

again, pure politics: that "gutless" comment was an attack on de santis.  moments before this statement, de santis refused to confirm if he was boosted at a press conference.  there has been rising tension between trump and his once-protege, there is talk of some GOP'ers turning from trump to DS.  trump-the-brawler needed to get a shot in, portray DS as "weak", so he grabbed the first convenient kudgel that was handed to him.

in both cases, it's pure politics.
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3965 on: January 18, 2022, 08:01:47 pm »

Re: space

Which, right or wrong, takes Biden out of the equation.  He's trying to do the right thing, but he doesn't hold sway.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3966 on: January 18, 2022, 08:05:52 pm »
People don’t seem to get Trump: The Actual Person and Trump: The Idea To Others are not 100% identical.
LVMH

« Reply #3967 on: January 18, 2022, 09:26:50 pm »
can confirm
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3968 on: January 19, 2022, 01:28:48 am »
can confirm

i'd say that biden has tremendous influence over trump's acolytes: whatever biden says, trumpers will instinctively do the opposite.  hence the current low vax rates among them, they're "sticking it to joe".

since biden has just about maxed out the number of vaccinations he can get on the left, he should switch tact and start denigrating vaccines, telling everyone that they shouldn't get them, that's they're a waste... that might drive the trumptards to the get the shot.
<sig>

« Reply #3969 on: January 19, 2022, 08:05:21 am »
can confirm

i'd say that biden has tremendous influence over trump's acolytes: whatever biden says, trumpers will instinctively do the opposite.  hence the current low vax rates among them, they're "sticking it to joe".

since biden has just about maxed out the number of vaccinations he can get on the left, he should switch tact and start denigrating vaccines, telling everyone that they shouldn't get them, that's they're a waste... that might drive the trumptards to the get the shot.
Do those tactics work with 4 year olds?
I recall when I would say “you better not Clean the playroom “I  always got the same results
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #3970 on: January 19, 2022, 09:44:51 am »
can confirm

I think the Trumptard response would more likely be, "Hey you hypocritial senile dumbass, told you we were right. Glad you finally came around to our way of thinking."

Space Freely

« Reply #3971 on: January 19, 2022, 11:05:19 am »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3972 on: January 19, 2022, 01:22:55 pm »
I think the Trumptard response would more likely be, "Hey you hypocritial senile dumbass, told you we were right. Glad you finally came around to our way of thinking."

ugh, you're unfortunately probably right.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3973 on: January 19, 2022, 06:56:18 pm »
"The irony of antivaxers saying they don't want to be part of an experiment without realizing they are now the control group."
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #3974 on: January 21, 2022, 12:23:55 am »
This is my line of thinking these days…

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2022-01-12/time-for-new-covid-omicron-rules-not-self-isolating-wfh-mandates-mass-testing?utm_medium=cpc_social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=BLOM_ENG_OFFEDIT_COUSA_TW_SO_WTRF_BROADPROSX_KEYCO_00XXXXCPC_2PTW_XXXX_BUSFINLUXREAD_X1854_COUSA_XXXEN_TWITOA_VIRU_C2_EN_PG_NFLINKS&twclid=11484379339126820868

The only thing that gives me slight pause are the large numbers of people dying daily….2700 today… yes it’s weaker but it’s much more contagious so overall we are reaching numbers for daily deaths similar to delta peak

We can’t sustain these numbers of dead for another year…..at the same time we can’t shut down again.. I don’t want to debate whether we shut down in 2020 or not…I think we virtually did..

Let’s hope future variants are even weaker and less contagious

We need a lucky break to get out of this jam
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 12:34:33 am by Starsky »