Author Topic: Stanley Cup Picks  (Read 212245 times)

vansmack

Re: Stanley Cup Picks
« Reply #405 on: May 14, 2009, 01:06:08 pm »
i think he confused a cellie post with a jules post

You are correct.  Julian is as illogical as he's always been.

I need to not be in public today, really.  It's 10AM, I need a drink, feel like I'm going to puke and the opening faceoff is still 6 hours away....
27>34

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #406 on: May 14, 2009, 01:08:39 pm »
Hey, totally off-topic, I know, but  since Smackie and Cell are both in this thread regularly and I figure they'd be the only two to remember: when is Weblebrity Is A Bitch day? Did we miss it already?

godsshoeshine

« Reply #407 on: May 14, 2009, 01:17:54 pm »

I need to not be in public today, really.  It's 10AM, I need a drink, feel like I'm going to puke and the opening faceoff is still 6 hours away....
that was me yesterday. i put everything in my lunch box except my sandwich :(
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #408 on: May 14, 2009, 01:18:10 pm »
Hey, totally off-topic, I know, but  since Smackie and Cell are both in this thread regularly and I figure they'd be the only two to remember: when is Weblebrity Is A Bitch day? Did we miss it already?

June 17
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #409 on: May 14, 2009, 01:45:23 pm »

smax, do you own a video camera?  if so, please consider taking it out of the bedroom, setting it up by your television, pointing it at your couch/general viewing area, and recording your "performance" during the game.  i have no doubt that the entertainment value of watching your reactions and commentary during this game will be priceless.  i would pay good money to see this.

June 17

i'm so ADD - i totally forgot about this.  luckily it's in my outlook calendar, and would have popped up that morning despite my inability to remember it.

thanks for the reminder.
<sig>

sonickteam2

« Reply #410 on: May 14, 2009, 01:51:52 pm »

you make me look sane. I am chillin over here. though i have a Physics class this evening from 5-8 which will probably seem like 18 hours.....somehow i feel like the Bruins/Canes game will be decided in the first period.

vansmack

« Reply #411 on: May 14, 2009, 02:19:52 pm »
you make me look sane. I am chillin over here. though i have a Physics class this evening from 5-8 which will probably seem like 18 hours.....somehow i feel like the Bruins/Canes game will be decided in the first period.

You have a home game.  I'd feel much better if Anaheim were at home. 

I've also maintained that the winner of this game will be the Stanley Cup Champion so I'm treating this as a Stanley Cup Final game and not a Conference Semifinal.  Not an excuse for my behavior, but just throwing that out there for clarification's sake.
27>34

« Reply #412 on: May 14, 2009, 02:52:52 pm »
I went to work for exactly 30 minutes then announced to no one in particular that I couldn't work under these circumstances and went home. I have jogged 10 miles and made an excel spreadsheet of all my CDs with artist, title, year, and record label. And I own close to a thousand CDs. The misses is staying at her parents tonite, she doesn't even plan on coming home after work.

Its like crack, I tell you.

« Reply #413 on: May 14, 2009, 02:54:10 pm »
Also, I think home ice is nothing in this game 7. I worry the wings will think, oh it's at home, and come out lacadasical like they did in game 6 and won't start playing until down two goals which will cause me to drink all the stuff under the sink. I have actually looked up the poison control number, no joke.

« Reply #414 on: May 14, 2009, 03:02:41 pm »
i'm so ADD - i totally forgot about this.  luckily it's in my outlook calendar, and would have popped up that morning despite my inability to remember it.

thanks for the reminder.
Yeah, I thought of this last night and we really have to do this up right. It'd be so funny if somehow Miss P returned from her hiatus on that day only to find us going "happy day, bitch!" She'd storm off for another year, lol.

Aw, I kind of miss her now.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 03:04:53 pm by Julian, Certified WEBLEBRITY »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #415 on: May 14, 2009, 03:16:47 pm »
julian is ON FIRE today.  those last two posts totally made me LOL.
<sig>

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #416 on: May 14, 2009, 03:44:08 pm »
please set up a camera in your home. :) this would be great to see. Actually I worry that I am going to be flipping out if the Ducks win. I cant even fathom them winning as I fear if they get past the Wings they are taking home the cup. Anytime I watch a game, the team I want to win never does. So Im thinking I cant turn it on for awhile. Its worked for the Pens and the Hawks :)

Also, I think home ice is nothing in this game 7. I worry the wings will think, oh it's at home, and come out lacadasical like they did in game 6 and won't start playing until down two goals which will cause me to drink all the stuff under the sink. I have actually looked up the poison control number, no joke.
HeyLa

sonickteam2

« Reply #417 on: May 14, 2009, 03:49:42 pm »
man, i hope whoever wins the east pounds the west.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #418 on: May 14, 2009, 03:59:51 pm »
my coworker said the same thing about 5 mins ago. Of course, hes still crushed the Caps lost and doesnt care much anymore who wins as long as its an east coast team.

man, i hope whoever wins the east pounds the west.

HeyLa

vansmack

« Reply #419 on: May 14, 2009, 04:08:56 pm »
Do you guys really think I'd give up the TV rights to my life that easily?

Please.
27>34