Author Topic: Stanley Cup Picks  (Read 214798 times)

vansmack

Re: Stanley Cup Picks
« Reply #375 on: May 13, 2009, 05:25:26 pm »
Current Vansmack Poll....

Which team will win each of the game 7's?

Pittsburgh (in OT) 4-3
Boston 3-1 (empty netter)
Detroit 2-1 (late third period goal)

Obviously, I'd be happy to be wrong about one of those, or even all of them.
27>34

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #376 on: May 13, 2009, 05:29:19 pm »
Detroit 2-1 (late third period goal)
If its close, Anaheim will win it. If it's a rout, it's a Detroit victory.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #377 on: May 13, 2009, 05:34:24 pm »
Look for an empty netter or OT in each game.  Kind of goes w/o saying.
FUKIT

vansmack

« Reply #378 on: May 13, 2009, 06:22:56 pm »
BTW Good Luck to all you Caps fans tonight....Hope y'all have reason to celebrate tonight.

And good luck to you godshoeshine, venerable bede and the rest of the pens fans on the board.
27>34

sonickteam2

« Reply #379 on: May 13, 2009, 07:22:54 pm »
i know its late for Caps/Pens fans but smackie and julian might want to try it.

listen to a 2Pac album in its entirety before the game tomorrow.

the last 2 times the b's were in Game 7's i did not listen to a 2Pac album, and they lost. so i figure that must be the problem.

hey, it cant hurt....i mean, its 2Pac.

(btw, i think its amazing that so many of the boards favourite teams are in game 7's today and tomorrow...cept for xneverwherex and sweetie...who is your team anyway????)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #380 on: May 13, 2009, 08:25:57 pm »
This is probably the most pathetic display of hockey I've seen since my final game in high school.

NOBODY MAKES THE TEAM NEXT YEAR!!!

sonickteam2

« Reply #381 on: May 13, 2009, 08:31:33 pm »
ouch. i am not watching, but man, 5-0?? das ugly.

vansmack

« Reply #382 on: May 13, 2009, 09:38:58 pm »
chaz: i WISH i was at verizon tonight.  place will be insane.  enjoy the party!

Really?

The only thing insane was the Caps passing and aptitude for turning the puck over.

And the only people partying were wearing Black, and on the rare occasion of hipness, powder blue.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #383 on: May 13, 2009, 11:12:47 pm »
worse party, ever?

i'm not angry that the caps lost - a little disappointed, but someone has to lose - no, i'm angry because i was denied a good game.  washington didn't show up tonight.  i planned my evening around this game - left work early, skipped my much-needed run, trekked to an unknown bar, tried to keep my anticipation under control... and half the equation shat the bed.  this game had no emotion to it.  i walked away from last year's game 7 very satisfied: caps lost, but they put up a good fight and it was an interesting game.  tonight, i want my 3 hours back.

(btw, i think its amazing that so many of the boards favourite teams are in game 7's today and tomorrow...cept for xneverwherex and sweetie...who is your team anyway????)

i grew up a habs fan (vs. the nordique fans, of which there were a lot too).  senators came to town just as i was finishing up high school & leaving for university, i wanted to be in to the new local team but (1) it was impossible to get ticket for those first 2 seasons, and (2) they sucked.  other than montreal, i like what the devils have done in the past decade so they're my #2.  i'll root for the caps if they aren't playing my #1 or #2, because of my affiliation with the city.  and like many other canuckistanis, i'll root for any team from north of the border in the playoffs, out of some misguided belief that someone - anyone - should "bring the cup home".  yes, i'm quite aware how silly that is.
<sig>

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #384 on: May 14, 2009, 01:29:04 am »
Damn the Caps gave up in the 3rd, 100% gave up.  I saw so many times a guy standing still just lazily wave his stick at the puck as it went past him on the boards only for a Pens player to pick up the puck and carry it into the zone for a scoring chance.  Come on guys at least pretend you want to be there.
FUKIT

Staralfur25

« Reply #385 on: May 14, 2009, 02:53:19 am »
go pens!!! make me money at work.   :-*

vansmack

« Reply #386 on: May 14, 2009, 06:43:59 am »
I'm not sleeping at all tonight, but as I lay here in silence at 3:30 in the morning, I've almost convinced myself we can win tonight. Almost.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #387 on: May 14, 2009, 08:47:39 am »
russian willis reed

great series, not so much on the game 7. bring on whoever
o/\o

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #388 on: May 14, 2009, 09:53:36 am »
Man, that was brutal last night.  Horrible.  Just horrible.  Awful way to end a great series and great season.  Totally agree with you sweetcell.  Awful to see them go out with barely a wimper like that.

sonickteam2

« Reply #389 on: May 14, 2009, 10:24:50 am »
have i bitched about the Bruins getting hosed by Versus picking the Det/Anaheim game over Boston/Carolina tonight?

I suppose if Boston wins, they'll pre-empt the eastern conference finals with the PBR!  oh wait, Versus won't even do that to Crosby.