Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1313592 times)

bearman🐻

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #2280 on: October 05, 2016, 01:13:53 pm »
did they play "time of your life"? or whatever its called..

god i hate that song so much.

I'd peeked at previous setlists and saw that the 2nd encore was Billy Joe and an acoustic playing this song. So as soon as they finished their first encore, I told Bearman I was peacing out because I too hate that song and didn't think I could stomach BJ being all earnest and sensitive and acoustic.

I left mid-way through the first acoustic song. I didn't need to re-live the Seinfeld recap episode, which is what I associate that song with.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2281 on: October 05, 2016, 01:20:22 pm »
I didn't need to re-live the Seinfeld recap episode, which is what I associate that song with.
Haha, me too, actually. Hey, there's a thread where we can remember The Clip Show, if you like.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2282 on: October 05, 2016, 02:15:27 pm »
did they play "time of your life"? or whatever its called..

they did.
<sig>

Kubacheck

« Reply #2283 on: October 11, 2016, 07:44:58 pm »
we got an interesting "extra" at the Dandy Warhols in Nashville last friday.... near the end of the show, Courtney said they were going to have a special guest and that they were going to do a Velvet Underground song, said they usually stay away from VU "for obvious reasons".... then Bebe Buell came out and sang "Femme Fatale".... I guess she was a friend of Andy Warhol, she told them that Andy would have loved them.....

hutch

« Reply #2284 on: October 11, 2016, 07:56:37 pm »
we got an interesting "extra" at the Dandy Warhols in Nashville last friday.... near the end of the show, Courtney said they were going to have a special guest and that they were going to do a Velvet Underground song, said they usually stay away from VU "for obvious reasons".... then Bebe Buell came out and sang "Femme Fatale".... I guess she was a friend of Andy Warhol, she told them that Andy would have loved them.....
cool.. she's all over that Please Kill Me book....
I agree that Andy Warhol would have loved them...and yes they're great...

« Reply #2285 on: October 11, 2016, 08:11:26 pm »
Thats awesome.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #2286 on: October 12, 2016, 10:00:40 am »
Any truth to the rumor of sidehutch and hutch meeting Adele last night post show for autographs and pictures?

« Reply #2287 on: October 12, 2016, 10:17:43 am »
Any truth to the rumor of sidehutch and hutch meeting Adele last night post show for autographs and pictures?
If Hutch doesn't post for three weeks, we'll assume she ate him.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 10:20:50 am by Julian, the BELOVED »
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #2288 on: October 12, 2016, 11:45:06 am »

And of an unusual chemistry between the three of them resulting in a trip back to the Ritz Carlton?

hutch

« Reply #2289 on: October 12, 2016, 11:47:45 am »

And of an unusual chemistry between the three of them resulting in a trip back to the Ritz Carlton?

sorry to dissappoint but I'm not into Adele... now Lucinda...

« Reply #2290 on: October 12, 2016, 12:15:34 pm »
No truth to that tale... I did go to the English Beat/Squeeze show and it was fantastic
sound was a little off during the beat, but great set list
Squeeze was fun as shit and with the exception of the new songs, they sounded great
Somehow got right up front in between sets...easy to move around as a single  ;D
Didn't see challenged, but he had to be close

Was a pretty old/white crowd, that didn't really dance too much
...have to imagine fair amount of Trump supporters with that profile  :o

Spotted Seth rockin' out up in the VIP balcony too

I didn't stick around to the very end (left halfway through 'take me' at the end)
 but I read the band had the show available for purchase at the merch table and they were signing them too
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 12:18:55 pm by SidebySide 🛠⛏|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|🗡⚔ »
slack

hutch

« Reply #2291 on: October 12, 2016, 01:06:53 pm »
wow.. seven songs from the newest album

i love their first few album but if i made a list of musicians that could do no wrong but fell off the cliff bad squeeze would be in the top 10... i'm not sure what happened after 1982...

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #2292 on: October 12, 2016, 01:15:49 pm »
No truth to that tale... I did go to the English Beat/Squeeze show and it was fantastic
sound was a little off during the beat, but great set list
Squeeze was fun as shit and with the exception of the new songs, they sounded great
Somehow got right up front in between sets...easy to move around as a single  ;D
Didn't see challenged, but he had to be close

Was a pretty old/white crowd, that didn't really dance too much
...have to imagine fair amount of Drumpf supporters with that profile  :o

Spotted Seth rockin' out up in the VIP balcony too

I didn't stick around to the very end (left halfway through 'take me' at the end)
 but I read the band had the show available for purchase at the merch table and they were signing them too

Sidehatch - We came into the club a few minutes into the Beat's set, and I saw you heading the other way and yelled your IRL name to no avail. We then stood around 7-10 people back from stage right the whole night.  Stayed to the end, loved the show, thought some of the new songs were decent, but the old songs are just so classic that the new ones cannot stand up to them.

They throw in two covers every night: Easybeats, and Tom Waits. I liked, but would have maybe liked a couple more of their own songs better?

Merch was plentiful, almost bought a $5 Squeeze "Stress Ball." But successfully avoided purchasing anything.

Began the night at Seth Meyers taping at the Warner. That was a lot of fun. And Mary Timony is in the 8G Band, which is cool.

Ate at Tasty Burger around the corner on 8th. Slow slow service, but good (Tasty) veggie burger and regular burger for my buddy.

So, from here its Nats Thursday night until midnight, and then Teenage Fanclub on Friday night. Solo for that show: can/should there be an official meet up?

hutch

« Reply #2293 on: October 12, 2016, 01:19:05 pm »
Teenage Fanclub on Friday night. Solo for that show: can/should there be an official meet up?

yes..there should be

unfortunately I have to take my kid to some cub scouts thing we're trying out so i expect to arrive on the later side...

I guess people want to meet before hand? seems like downstairs bar would be the place but others can advise...

bearman🐻

« Reply #2294 on: October 16, 2016, 09:22:06 am »
Went to see the Descendents last night...not sure if it was just my mood or what but that was one of the most obnoxious crowds I've been around in ages. Too many shovers, too many smelly people, too many people vaping inside. What the hell is the stuff that people smoke that smells like a cross between baby formula and talcum powder?? Absolutely disgusting. I have also decided that I really don't care for the FSS. It's going to take something really special for me to go back that way. Sold out shows there are ridiculously cramped. I sort of knew this already, but I've never seen the 9:30 post signs that say "our main floor has reached capacity, please enjoy the performance from the balcony!". To me that says you're selling too many tickets for the space and it's a fire hazard. Or have a designated number of seats for the main floor and some for the balcony the way that they do it at the Warfield in SF. Anyway, the Descendents were great but it would have been a better show at the 9:30. Odd that they played "Bikeage" in the middle of the set. That always seems like such an an encore song.