Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 469288 times)

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #3660 on: November 17, 2020, 09:43:41 am »
Trump still got 72+ million votes! Trump is the best American politician of my lifetime... just remarkable... he insulted Latinos and blacks pretty much every day and picked up their votes!
Yeah...the number looks to be closer to 74 Mill...an add of 10 million!
and he did EVERYTHING that people thought would lose him votes including changing the 'conservative' platform with things like Free Trade/Tariffs and insulting the military on many occasions
I also feel that there is a certain part of America who think it's more important to 'own the libs' than pretty much anything else.  That is their only goal (well don't take my guns...for the record no one has advocated that)

It's the way people consume news/media now.  They were able to speak directly to the base with no filter and they didn't go outside the bubble to see if it was true. 

My fear is was the 'liberal' America was going to fracture into two factions...each being only 30% and then the Republicans could win with only 40% ...but that fear is not founded in reality.  Seems like Republicans are still in the 47-50 % range

On a side note...this made me spit my coffee up

« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 09:55:13 am by Richie hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

hutch

« Reply #3661 on: November 17, 2020, 10:03:47 am »
Well the Republican Party dynamic will be fascinating

Will Trump complete his hostile takeover? He could primary any senator or house member that doesn’t kowtow to him

He basically owns the Republican Party now...which will make it really hard for Biden to work with Republicans...you better believe Trump is interested in ensuring a failed Biden presidency and taking over in 2024... just like Trump spent the past four years cheerleading the economy and his government he will spend the next four talking down the economy and every move Biden makes

I suppose if Trump were jailed that could be a wildcard but am not betting on it and even then Trump will support a front for Trump candidacy in 24...

The Cottons, Pences, Haleys will find it hard to defeat Trump or his candidate in 2023 presidential primaries

hutch

« Reply #3662 on: November 17, 2020, 10:10:05 am »
America’s best hope is that Trump dies soon but it’s unlikely. Other than that we will grow old discussing Trump’s latest bananas tweet...sad

I suppose some might say just like McCarthyism Trump fever could break..

Or Biden will surprise everyone with such a universally acknowledged successful presidency Trump is sidelined

Both seem unlikely

« Reply #3663 on: November 17, 2020, 10:35:57 am »
I'd like some other options please...all of these suck
slack

hutch

« Reply #3664 on: November 17, 2020, 11:36:00 am »
Really hope Malinowski holds on

One of my favorite congressmen

I can’t believe it’s this close

He flipped seat in 2018 and Republicans close to flipping it back.. If he hangs on I expect an even tougher rematch in 2022 unless district gets redrawn maybe

https://patch.com/new-jersey/bridgewater/malinowski-remains-ahead-over-kean-district-7-race

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3665 on: November 17, 2020, 03:10:17 pm »
you better believe Trump is interested in ensuring a failed Biden presidency and taking over in 2024... just like Trump spent the past four years cheerleading the economy and his government he will spend the next four talking down the economy and every move Biden makes

I suppose if Trump were jailed that could be a wildcard but am not betting on it and even then Trump will support a front for Trump candidacy in 24...

The Cottons, Pences, Haleys will find it hard to defeat Trump or his candidate in 2023 presidential primaries

i can believe that trump could back another candidate (don jr?!?) in 2024, but i have my doubts that the orange one would run again. i could see him declining to run if he's successful at something else.  for example, if he launches Trump TV and it does well he might not want to give that up in exchange for a race he might lose, 4 years of criticism if he wins, etc.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #3666 on: November 17, 2020, 03:52:29 pm »
^ that’s a viewpoint I been hearing since he began his 2016 run

“He doesn’t want to be President! He doesn’t want to win! He will quit! He is glad he lost!”

Nothing could be further from the truth or less supported by evidence yet liberals keep saying it!

Just weird and a really bad take...

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3667 on: November 17, 2020, 03:57:31 pm »
I think there's a correct take somewhere in the middle of the two that posits what Trump WANTS is prestige and attention and the illusion of power. He got these things by running for and being President despite him not actually really wanting to use that power -- he is a coward who for all his chest-beating about fire and fury, could not run away from military action faster -- nor possessing any interest in the job of actually being the President. Trump's compulsive want for these things is not satiated and being President again would satiate it temporarily. That said, there are also other things that would fill those same wants like continuing to barnstorm rural areas for rallies or having a media empire without him having to be President again. He doesn't have to have heroin -- any opiate will do.

Like I do not think Trump actually cares about not getting to do the day to day work of being President anymore. He cares about how it impacts his perceived power and might decrease the attention he is given. Does that make any sense?
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #3668 on: November 17, 2020, 04:00:30 pm »
Oh yeah

He wants to be the most famous man in the world and he understands being president makes it so

He could give a hoot about the work

He wants to be on magazine covers

He is a sick man

« Reply #3669 on: November 17, 2020, 04:04:58 pm »
He wants to be the most famous man in the world and he understands being president makes it so

He wants to be on magazine covers

He is a sick man
Not exactly how I would word it but correct-ish enough that I won't quibble. He can still get rapturous applause and people hanging off his every word and exist within an echo chamber and be happy as a pig in slop WITHOUT being President again. Like, there really are other things he would be equally as happy half-assing. (And that's why I also don't think he will seriously consider running it back in 2024. He will preen as though he's going to FOR SURE though.)
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #3670 on: November 17, 2020, 06:27:20 pm »

« Reply #3671 on: November 17, 2020, 06:32:32 pm »
Surprising to many

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1328664224722247681?s=20
Its almost like black voters didn’t come out for Kamala Harris like I told everyone they wouldn’t.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #3672 on: November 17, 2020, 06:47:04 pm »
Well, I knew you wouldn’t resist saying that but that might not be the right takeaway.....

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3673 on: November 17, 2020, 07:14:59 pm »
Surprising to many

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1328664224722247681?s=20
Its almost like black voters didn’t come out for Kamala Harris like I told everyone they wouldn’t.

When everything you see just proves that you were right, you might be experiencing confirmation bias.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3674 on: November 17, 2020, 07:18:39 pm »
Trump still got 72+ million votes! Trump is the best American politician of my lifetime... just remarkable... he insulted Latinos and blacks pretty much every day and picked up their votes!
Yeah...the number looks to be closer to 74 Mill...an add of 10 million!
and he did EVERYTHING that people thought would lose him votes including changing the 'conservative' platform with things like Free Trade/Tariffs and insulting the military on many occasions
I also feel that there is a certain part of America who think it's more important to 'own the libs' than pretty much anything else.  That is their only goal (well don't take my guns...for the record no one has advocated that)

It's the way people consume news/media now.  They were able to speak directly to the base with no filter and they didn't go outside the bubble to see if it was true. 

related:

Melania Trump, like America, may be more in love with President Trump than his critics would hope
Vegas may be betting on a post-presidential divorce, but Melania Trump seems all in for her husband.
<sig>