Author Topic: FREEFEST 2011  (Read 150923 times)

atomicfront

Re: FREEFEST 2011
« Reply #420 on: July 15, 2011, 10:43:29 am »
I have virgin mobile service and kyocera phone.  I am thinking of throwing the phone in the trash and getting a real mobile phone provider after this debacle.  I call the Kycoera a "dumb phone".  

Anyway I still say charge 10 dollars a ticket.  That way it keep people away who just want something free and maybe the 300,000 to 400,000 they raise could be used to increase the quality of the line-up.  

TFlyAmy

• Home
« Reply #421 on: July 15, 2011, 10:44:53 am »
This is a very interesting theory...Leave it to the boardies to be so smart!

We'll look into it. Unfortunately it's a Facebook issue.

Okay, it turned out that FB users who had the secure browsing box checked in their settings could not get through. I unchecked it and got through immediately, but to no avail anyway.

Why didn't TF check for this?

I was able to get thought after deselecting https from my settings. To bad it was too late.

DotTheEyes

« Reply #422 on: July 15, 2011, 10:46:50 am »
Had absolutely no problem this morning (using IE).  Thank God.  :)

TFlyAmy

• Home
« Reply #423 on: July 15, 2011, 10:49:18 am »
Do you have some high privacy settings on facebook as well?

The "This offer is currently restricted. Please make a different selection." language is vague and tells you absolutely nothing helpful..

redsock, i believe that that "offer restricted" error message doesn't mean it's sold out, it means you didn't get to the right page.  i was getting that error yesterday but when i changed browsers it went away and i was able to buy tickets.  so "restricted offer" doesn't have anything to do with ticket availability.  this morning when i tried pulling tickets, i got a clear message "there are no tickets available".

I get that, but I have absolutely no way of knowing that's what it meant, especially if I'm not also on a board discussing the issue like this one. I actually got that same message on three different browsers today. Again, shit happens, tickets sell out, I make stupid user errors when trying to get tickets. But proper messaging let's me know what the problem actually is, and prevents me from repeating the same pointless steps on different browsers for ten+ minutes after tickets sell-out. That's when folks tend to get pissed off and blame Ticketfly for things like world hunger.

hutch

« Reply #424 on: July 15, 2011, 10:57:14 am »
Do you have some high privacy settings on facebook as well?

The "This offer is currently restricted. Please make a different selection." language is vague and tells you absolutely nothing helpful..

redsock, i believe that that "offer restricted" error message doesn't mean it's sold out, it means you didn't get to the right page.  i was getting that error yesterday but when i changed browsers it went away and i was able to buy tickets.  so "restricted offer" doesn't have anything to do with ticket availability.  this morning when i tried pulling tickets, i got a clear message "there are no tickets available".

I get that, but I have absolutely no way of knowing that's what it meant, especially if I'm not also on a board discussing the issue like this one. I actually got that same message on three different browsers today. Again, shit happens, tickets sell out, I make stupid user errors when trying to get tickets. But proper messaging let's me know what the problem actually is, and prevents me from repeating the same pointless steps on different browsers for ten+ minutes after tickets sell-out. That's when folks tend to get pissed off and blame Ticketfly for things like world hunger.

I think its actually the recommended setting.

hemisphire

« Reply #425 on: July 15, 2011, 11:00:11 am »
Okay, it turned out that FB users who had the secure browsing box checked in their settings could not get through. I unchecked it and got through immediately, but to no avail anyway.

Why didn't TF check for this?

Yep, finally got through to the right page now.  TicketFly, how could you let this go to the public without testing this on multiple configurations?  I understand it's a Facebook thing, but you're ultimately responsible for it.

hutch

« Reply #426 on: July 15, 2011, 11:02:01 am »
Is Ticketfly a ticketing agency or a front for Nigerian hackers?

;D

atomicfront

« Reply #427 on: July 15, 2011, 11:02:21 am »
I will have to give ticketfly some credit.  In a few minutes they were able to process all tickets. So obviously it worked for most people.  

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #428 on: July 15, 2011, 11:03:10 am »
We'll look into it. Unfortunately it's a Facebook issue.

Of course it is.  Facebook, with their wacky "https" protocol.

grax

« Reply #429 on: July 15, 2011, 11:13:01 am »
I have no idea if I got tix or not.  The instruction link provided by TFlyAmy did not work last night or this morning and she never addressed it, as far as I know.  From what I read here, one just has to go to the page and press "Like".  If so, I might have tix.  If not, no.

It's a shame that clear, coherent instructions were unavailable, especially  with someone from the middleman monitoring the board.  But that's the way of ticketfly, apparently.

This whole process could be so much easier for all concerned if there were a simple lottery - let people apply over a three-day period, say, and select 20K entries or whatever the number is.  Do the pre-sale the same way a week before.  It avoids the short, sudden, apparently overwhelming load on communications lines and on servers, and whatever the result, everyone knows they had a fair shot and nobody would have any (rational) reason to complain.  I guess the folks at ticketfly are gluttons for much-deserved punishment.

grax

« Reply #430 on: July 15, 2011, 11:15:09 am »
Is Ticketfly a ticketing agency or a front for Nigerian hackers?

;D
Maybe TFlyAmy can answer that later, but I think it's supper time in Lagos right about now.

jellen

« Reply #431 on: July 15, 2011, 11:16:19 am »
You're doing it wrong

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #432 on: July 15, 2011, 11:18:01 am »
I'm guessing there werent any tix to re-release this morning. Been going at this om/off for 75 minutes and nobody has popped om to say they just scored a pair.

Will just wait at this point.

jellen

« Reply #433 on: July 15, 2011, 11:27:15 am »
For anyone that got tickets (or not) and is having problems logging in to their Ticketfly accounts, use this link: http://bit.ly/TFlyAccount

I was unable to log in to my account via the main ticketfly page, but this link worked just fine.

hutch

« Reply #434 on: July 15, 2011, 11:27:57 am »
I'm guessing there werent any tix to re-release this morning. Been going at this om/off for 75 minutes and nobody has popped om to say they just scored a pair.

Will just wait at this point.

yesterday there seemed to be a ticket release around 5 pm