Author Topic: FREEFEST 2011  (Read 151112 times)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
Re: FREEFEST 2011
« Reply #405 on: July 15, 2011, 10:21:38 am »
Always got the error message. But it was a consistent message so yea for good coding  :P
😐 🎶

redsock

« Reply #406 on: July 15, 2011, 10:24:46 am »
Shit sells out quick, that's life I guess. But Amy, one critique for Ticketfly, would be to get better error messages. It is hard to know if you're not getting tickets due to some browser/cookie error or because the tickets are sold out. Clear messaging would shift people's frustrations from "Ticketfly sucks, they can't handle the load" to "damn, this sold out quickly."

The "This offer is currently restricted. Please make a different selection." language is vague and tells you absolutely nothing helpful..

Got Haggis?

« Reply #407 on: July 15, 2011, 10:29:14 am »
Blizzard software has the best ticket queue system I have seen.  They use it for the yearly festival - as soon as you go to buy tickets, it puts you in a queue - you don't have to refresh the page or anything. you can watch your place in line count down.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #408 on: July 15, 2011, 10:29:24 am »
Okay, it turned out that FB users who had the secure browsing box checked in their settings could not get through. I unchecked it and got through immediately, but to no avail anyway.

Why didn't TF check for this?
😐 🎶

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #409 on: July 15, 2011, 10:29:39 am »
I got 3 seperate errors. One said restricted, one said error, and one said cookies.

WTF.
‼‼?‼‼

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #410 on: July 15, 2011, 10:30:40 am »
Okay, it turned out that FB users who had the secure browsing box checked in their settings could not get through. I unchecked it and got through immediately, but to no avail anyway.

Jesus, seriously? God damn you to the depths of hell TicketFly.

On the plus side, they'll release some before the festival again.
‼‼?‼‼

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #411 on: July 15, 2011, 10:35:19 am »
The "This offer is currently restricted. Please make a different selection." language is vague and tells you absolutely nothing helpful..

redsock, i believe that that "offer restricted" error message doesn't mean it's sold out, it means you didn't get to the right page.  i was getting that error yesterday but when i changed browsers it went away and i was able to buy tickets.  so "restricted offer" doesn't have anything to do with ticket availability.  this morning when i tried pulling tickets, i got a clear message "there are no tickets available".

Jesus, seriously? God damn you to the depths of hell TicketFly.

don't blame TF, blame Virgin for insisting on FB.  if they had let people buy directly, without all the FB crap, that wouldn't have been a problem.  luckily it wasn't too widespread of a problem.  maybe FB is punishing those who are trying to maintain their security and privacy :P

THIS is what everyone needs to keep in mind.  that, and people are giving away tickets outside the venue on the day of the show.
<sig>

TFlyAmy

• Home
« Reply #412 on: July 15, 2011, 10:36:15 am »
I agree.

Shit sells out quick, that's life I guess. But Amy, one critique for Ticketfly, would be to get better error messages. It is hard to know if you're not getting tickets due to some browser/cookie error or because the tickets are sold out. Clear messaging would shift people's frustrations from "Ticketfly sucks, they can't handle the load" to "damn, this sold out quickly."

10sweets

« Reply #413 on: July 15, 2011, 10:38:21 am »

I was able to get through after deselecting https from my settings. To bad it was too late.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 10:48:09 am by 10sweets »

Yada

« Reply #414 on: July 15, 2011, 10:39:07 am »
**unlikes Virgin Mobile on FB**

lagas

« Reply #415 on: July 15, 2011, 10:39:23 am »
don't blame TF, blame Virgin for insisting on FB.  if they had let people buy directly, without all the FB crap, that wouldn't have been a problem.  luckily it wasn't too widespread of a problem.  maybe FB is punishing those who are trying to maintain their security and privacy Tongue
this, i wonder why they involved FB in this whole thing...
zorra

Vas Deferens

« Reply #416 on: July 15, 2011, 10:39:27 am »
what was the purpose of FB?  people will start to 'unlike' it anyway after they got their tickets...
(_|_)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #417 on: July 15, 2011, 10:41:13 am »

THIS is what everyone needs to keep in mind.  that, and people are giving away tickets outside the venue on the day of the show.
Yeah, it'd be a great weight off my mind if I knew I had tickets, and it's just frustrating because the last 2 worked like a charm for me and I didn't have to worry at it, but at the end of the day they will release tons of unclaimed ones the week before. Just frustrating is all because I wanna be certain!
‼‼?‼‼

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #418 on: July 15, 2011, 10:41:33 am »
I've always had an extra and there was never anyone looking for them when I arrived  Is the print at home option only available for the e-pak tickets?
T.Rex

redsock

« Reply #419 on: July 15, 2011, 10:42:57 am »

redsock, i believe that that "offer restricted" error message doesn't mean it's sold out, it means you didn't get to the right page.  i was getting that error yesterday but when i changed browsers it went away and i was able to buy tickets.  so "restricted offer" doesn't have anything to do with ticket availability.  this morning when i tried pulling tickets, i got a clear message "there are no tickets available".

I get that, but I have absolutely no way of knowing that's what it meant, especially if I'm not also on a board discussing the issue like this one. I actually got that same message on three different browsers today. Again, shit happens, tickets sell out, I make stupid user errors when trying to get tickets. But proper messaging let's me know what the problem actually is, and prevents me from repeating the same pointless steps on different browsers for ten+ minutes after tickets sell-out. That's when folks tend to get pissed off and blame Ticketfly for things like world hunger.