Author Topic: What the f is wrong with the President?  (Read 96605 times)

Relaxer

Re: What the f is wrong with the President?
« Reply #255 on: May 12, 2011, 01:09:47 pm »
the lizard overlords would not approve of the image

Well lizards are unable to see the color red, so they'd look at that image, be confused, and say "Why are those people carrying around blank signs?" and then Jaguar and Frank would stampede in here saying "Don't be cruel to animals!"
oword

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #256 on: May 12, 2011, 01:15:25 pm »
^ Guys, according to the lizard lore, you guys are their minions. Not Frank and I. Get it straight! So it's you guys who wouldn't be able to see the signs in full human color spectrum.  ::)

godsshoeshine

« Reply #257 on: May 12, 2011, 01:16:58 pm »
cmon we're never going to win like that

it would be everyone's overlords that couldnt see red

all of the minons would be able to, sheeple or not
o/\o

Jaguar

« Reply #258 on: May 12, 2011, 01:23:36 pm »
cmon we're never going to win like that

it would be everyone's overlords that couldnt see red

all of the minons would be able to, sheeple or not

You're right!

You know, I wasn't happy with using the word minions but was stuck for what I thought would be better. Then I come in here and see you refine my thoughts to the tee! You MUST be on our side! It's not Relaxer who can read minds. It's YOU!!!

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #259 on: May 12, 2011, 01:47:20 pm »
an honest question for jag - do you bring this type of stuff up in casual conversations IRL?  what kind of responses do you get?
(o|o)

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #260 on: May 12, 2011, 01:51:56 pm »
the lizard overlords would not approve of the image

Well lizards are unable to see the color red, so they'd look at that image, be confused, and say "Why are those people carrying around blank signs?" and then Jaguar and Frank would stampede in here saying "Don't be cruel to animals!"

There he goes again telling us what we'd think!!!!

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #261 on: May 12, 2011, 03:45:31 pm »
Aren't they (supposed to be) the party of the common working man? If the two parties had no difference on abortion, you're telling me that most middle/lower class people wouldn't side with the Democrats (if they were truly adhering to Democrat tenets)?

That is correct. Why? Because many of the middle class think that someday they will either become rich enough or marry rich enough where they will become upper middle class and that their current middle class status is only temporary and thus it is in their best interests to ensure the continual redistribution of wealth from the middle class to the super rich and to oppress the middle and working class at every opportunity.

Plus they hate minorities.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 03:49:29 pm by Thousand Made-Up Loves »

James Ford

« Reply #262 on: May 12, 2011, 03:51:18 pm »
Do you have factual evidence to back up your arguments?

Aren't they (supposed to be) the party of the common working man? If the two parties had no difference on abortion, you're telling me that most middle/lower class people wouldn't side with the Democrats (if they were truly adhering to Democrat tenets)?

That is correct. Why? Because many of the middle class think that someday they will either become rich enough or marry rich enough where they will become upper middle class and that their current middle class status is only temporary and thus it is in their best interests to ensure the continual redistribution of wealth from the middle class to the super rich and to oppress the middle and working class at every opportunity.

imbecile

« Reply #263 on: May 12, 2011, 03:58:57 pm »

I don't have any actual numbers and don't care enough to look some up, but this comes up almost every time the bush tax cuts are mentioned and someone does a poll.  The polling results often find voters in lower class supporting and voting for tax cuts for the rich, and the news usually show a clip of some guy saying "yeah, because someday it may apply to me." 

It happens, and makes no sense to me.  As far as what percentage of people vote in this manner for this reason, I have no idea and don't think those statistics exist.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #264 on: May 12, 2011, 04:04:05 pm »
Look...if the rich are taxed too much they'll cut back or open up offshore accounts and your wives won't have a job cleaning their toilets anymore.

James Ford

« Reply #265 on: May 12, 2011, 05:57:51 pm »
It happens, but in what numbers?

Typical of the liberal elitist media to trot out some dumb confused yahoo and proclaim that he speaks for all working folks.

I don't have any actual numbers and don't care enough to look some up, but this comes up almost every time the bush tax cuts are mentioned and someone does a poll.  The polling results often find voters in lower class supporting and voting for tax cuts for the rich, and the news usually show a clip of some guy saying "yeah, because someday it may apply to me." 

It happens, and makes no sense to me.  As far as what percentage of people vote in this manner for this reason, I have no idea and don't think those statistics exist.

Jaguar

« Reply #266 on: May 12, 2011, 08:00:21 pm »
an honest question for jag - do you bring this type of stuff up in casual conversations IRL?  what kind of responses do you get?

Occasionally. Most agree, and that's with a very mixed group of people across all sorts of demographics.

This past week has been especially odd. All sorts of people whom I did not know but was already speaking with were randomly bringing up many of these very subjects on their own. Even the guy at the check out in the grocery store yesterday. Believe me, they initiated these aspects of our conversations, not me, but they sure seemed in agreement with me on many of these issues.

hutch

« Reply #267 on: May 12, 2011, 08:57:35 pm »
very telling this thread started when president obama captured and killed osama bin laden

some people are just poor excuses for americans

and jag, just cause you find a lot of americans are uneducated ignoramuses dont validate the idiotic ramblings of loons; remember these same peeps thought the pres was born in kenya!

« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 09:32:04 pm by hutch »

Jaguar

« Reply #268 on: May 12, 2011, 09:07:29 pm »
^ You don't get out of DC much, do you? That would explain why you 'expect' all bands to come and play for you as though the rest of the world does not exist.

Most of these people were educated, professionals and/or well informed.

If you really want to see what an ignoramus looks like, just look in the mirror!

hutch

« Reply #269 on: May 12, 2011, 09:34:40 pm »
^ You don't get out of DC much, do you? That would explain why you 'expect' all bands to come and play for you as though the rest of the world does not exist.

Most of these people were educated, professionals and/or well informed.

If you really want to see what an ignoramus looks like, just look in the mirror!

sure mac

one cant win with your type

if one` says he has a masters from georgetown, worked at the world bank for many years and has been to dozens of countries then one is an elitist...

you're a complete ass and a poor excuse for an american

btw nice use of computer fuckfaces mischaracterization of what i said...if the market exists in dc for bands why should these bands be kept out of dc? if you like to drive an hour thats your prerogative.. i guess i am weird in that i like bands to play my town

bottom line: obama got osama and all your innane ramblings aint going to change that
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 09:44:21 pm by hutch »