Author Topic: Please Vote!  (Read 74945 times)

Starsky

Re: Please Vote!
« Reply #465 on: November 04, 2021, 02:22:28 pm »
I mean a person goes around for decades saying something eventually you get called out for it: you got any facts?

It’s a major assertion Sidehatch is making and has been making for decades that if everyone voted Democrats would always win. Where is the beef Sidehatch?

That’s different from a person for the first time in his life saying “You know what? I bet…..”

« Reply #466 on: November 04, 2021, 02:45:53 pm »
It’s a major assertion Sidehatch is making and has been making for decades that if everyone voted Democrats would always win. Where is the beef Sidehatch?
Well, I've learned now that I should say 'I bet' before any of my statements

I will like to follow up...this is an opinion, not a fact...but really seems like a fact
Also, this was always a view on the National Vote...kinda got jammed into a VA state vote this time around, and not willing to bet the house on that for sure

I bet that if all Americans who are eligible to vote, voted, we'd have dem majorities all over the place
there does that make you feel better, I never said this was a fact

also I really don't think I'm alone in this thinking...but maybe?
slack

Starsky

« Reply #467 on: November 04, 2021, 02:50:00 pm »
You are definitely not alone.

Tons of Democrats think it…. I would even say it’s an almost universal view.

Nah…am still grouchy today

Space Freely

« Reply #468 on: November 05, 2021, 09:42:00 pm »
Youngkin's 17 year old son tried to vote. Twice.

Starsky

« Reply #469 on: November 05, 2021, 09:46:41 pm »
Rigged!!

Space Freely

« Reply #470 on: November 06, 2021, 09:48:38 pm »
Voting in VA was down 62% from 2020 to 2021 for voters under 30. It was down by 15% for those over 30. Also, Youngkin got close to 50% of the undeg 30 crowd. I guess we know who to blame.

« Reply #471 on: December 03, 2021, 07:39:14 am »
So the fat lady has not finished singing in the VA HOD

https://www.newsweek.com/virginia-begins-first-recount-state-races-that-will-determine-if-gop-reclaims-majority-1655584

What’s the over/under that Dems hold on to that majority?

Edit… zero chance.  Hoping for a tie
However, if both races are potentially reversed after the recounts, Virginia's House would be locked at 50-50 at the statewide levels, which would likely force the parties to create some compromises.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 07:42:23 am by himpathy-hatch ® ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Starsky

« Reply #472 on: December 03, 2021, 09:24:10 am »
Ugh… I don’t even want to think about politics cause next year’s elections are going to be brutal

I was at Trader Joe’s a few days ago….all their prices have gone up 10%!

« Reply #473 on: December 07, 2021, 01:34:33 pm »
so the GQP is now the Public Education party?

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/584610-republicans-eye-gains-with-female-voters-after-virginia-rout

The percentage of white women who voted Republican in Virginia increased from 49 percent in 2020 to 57 percent in 2021,

Hutch needed to be on the T-mac campaign as he would have told him to focus on grocery shopping
slack

« Reply #474 on: January 24, 2022, 06:12:41 pm »
Ok, one silver lining to T-macs disgraceful loss, election reforms are not partisan

Take Virginia, for example. In 2020, Democratic governor Ralph Northam and the Democratic-controlled General Assembly enacted 45 days of no-excuse absentee voting, permitted Sunday voting, made Election Day a state holiday, and passed automatic voter registration for anyone with a Virginia driver’s license. That year, a record number of Virginians cast their ballots, and Democrats fared well. But a year later, voters set another turnout record. This time, Republican candidate Glenn Youngkin won the governorship and flipped the Virginia House of Delegates red. These types of election reforms are truly nonpartisan. They aren’t designed to benefit any one party over another. When we make voting accessible, the voters are the real winners.
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #475 on: January 25, 2022, 11:19:04 am »
Is Youngkin worth of his own thread? If a teacher is teaching something that you don’t like, make sure you rat them out. Did you hear about the teacher who was teaching integration in calculus class? Shameful.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2022/01/24/youngkin-virginia-mask-mandates-ban/

In the interview, Youngkin also touted a tip line for parents to report to the state any school officials they find to be behaving objectionably — including teaching “divisive” subjects. Youngkin has issued an executive order and is backing legislation that seeks to ban concepts such as critical race theory, an academic construct about the history of systemic racism.
“We’re asking for folks to send us reports and observations,” Youngkin said, “help us be aware of … their child being denied their rights that parents have in Virginia, and we’re going to make sure we catalogue it all. … And that gives us further, further ability to make sure we’re rooting it out.”

Starsky

« Reply #476 on: January 25, 2022, 11:29:10 am »
These sorts of issues are total losers…

The more time we spend arguing about CRT the worse we will do in the fall…the less schools will teach CRT and repeat..

Guess Youngkin winning wasn’t enough of a wake up call…

Democrats strategy seems to be to perpetually yell “racist!”

Space Freely

« Reply #477 on: January 25, 2022, 12:28:52 pm »
These sorts of issues are total losers…

The more time we spend arguing about CRT the worse we will do in the fall…the less schools will teach CRT and repeat..

Guess Youngkin winning wasn’t enough of a wake up call…

Democrats strategy seems to be to perpetually yell “racist!”

I agree!

What issue are the Dems currently winning on, that they should turn the spotlight on?

Starsky

« Reply #478 on: January 25, 2022, 12:38:13 pm »
Absolutely zero.

They should shut the fuck up and get shit done and then run on it.

If they can’t actually get anything done then you make shit up.

If that’s not going well there’s always war. I am not into this option but for US standards it’s been a long time since the last one. I think going on one year which is unusual.

CRT is not just a huge turnoff to most whites. Latinos think it’s nuts.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #479 on: January 25, 2022, 01:29:49 pm »
CRT is not just a huge turnoff to most whites.

the only thing that turns me off of CRT is the fact that the right has turned something that ISN"T BEING TAUGHT into a winning issue for them.
<sig>