Author Topic: Please Vote!  (Read 74933 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Please Vote!
« Reply #480 on: January 25, 2022, 01:33:28 pm »
I've said this on here a ton of times but I'll say it again: Democrats think swing-voters or suburbanites or whatever are inherently socially quite liberal and financially a bit conservative, and the reality is they're socially quite conservative and financially liberal.
LVMH

Starsky

« Reply #481 on: January 25, 2022, 01:36:37 pm »
CRT is not just a huge turnoff to most whites.

the only thing that turns me off of CRT is the fact that the right has turned something that ISN"T BEING TAUGHT into a winning issue for them.

News flash you ain’t most whites Jack…. if you don’t get this you are the reason Democrats are going to get shellacked in November.

Come on man.

Starsky

« Reply #482 on: January 25, 2022, 01:38:10 pm »
I've said this on here a ton of times but I'll say it again: Democrats think swing-voters or suburbanites or whatever are inherently socially quite liberal and financially a bit conservative, and the reality is they're socially quite conservative and financially liberal.

Ok I get the socially part….totally agree

But what do you mean by financially liberal? What is that?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #483 on: January 25, 2022, 01:48:02 pm »
CRT is not just a huge turnoff to most whites.

the only thing that turns me off of CRT is the fact that the right has turned something that ISN"T BEING TAUGHT into a winning issue for them.

News flash you ain’t most whites Jack…. if you don’t get this you are the reason Democrats are going to get shellacked in November.

Come on man.

never said i was most whites.  not sure where you got that.
<sig>

« Reply #484 on: January 25, 2022, 01:49:38 pm »
you heard it here first, we now have a fall guy for the dismal showing for dems in 2022

Kinda thought the same thing...sounds like someone who has one of those bill guns to 'make it rain'
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 01:51:38 pm by Stupid Son Of a Hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Starsky

« Reply #485 on: January 25, 2022, 02:02:54 pm »
Yeah the fall guy will be white liberals who don’t understand America… white liberals who are far wealthier than 80% of white Americans and think they give a shit about CRT…

You know…Bernie supporters…these people continually trying to move America as far left as they can as fast as they can…

« Reply #486 on: January 25, 2022, 02:30:31 pm »
Like take an Elizabeth Warren idea and water it down 20% and it generally will poll quite well. The elements of the Affordable Care Act: poll quite well. A single payer option: polls quite well. Increased minimum wage: polls quite well. Class warfare in general: polls quite well.

My point is Dems think middle of the road voters deep down want transgender bathrooms bills passed but face an internal conflict on who to vote for because they also want lower taxes . . . when, in reality, what they want is to never have to think about racism but are, in fact,  quite down with massively higher corporate taxes and infrastructure and jobs spending and things that put more money in their pocket.

The Dems lost white-working-class voters when they stopped acting like that group had economic challenges to address and started talking about how privileged they are compared to African-Americans or Latinos. (Then they lost Latinos when they started calling them Latinx, a thing none of them asked for.)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 02:35:22 pm by Julian, Adroit TASTEMAKER »
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #487 on: January 25, 2022, 03:21:17 pm »
Yeah the fall guy will be white liberals who don’t understand America… white liberals who are far wealthier than 80% of white Americans and think they give a shit about CRT…

You know…Bernie supporters…these people continually trying to move America as far left as they can as fast as they can…

Are Bernie supporters really the CRT and scream racism and transgender bathroom people? I thought Bernie people were people who are more about fighting for the working people, ala Julian's post that follows yours.

« Reply #488 on: January 25, 2022, 03:31:12 pm »

Are Bernie supporters really the CRT and scream racism and transgender bathroom people? I thought Bernie people were people who are more about fighting for the working people, ala Julian's post that follows yours.
While I don't think the venn diagram of those two groups is a single circle, there's significant overlap in my opinion. Go find a CRT/transgender bathroom person and ask them their thoughts on Joe Biden vs. Sanders/Warren and tell us what you come up with.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #489 on: January 25, 2022, 03:48:26 pm »

While I don't think the venn diagram of those two groups is a single circle, there's significant overlap in my opinion. Go find a CRT/transgender bathroom person and ask them their thoughts on Joe Biden vs. Sanders/Warren and tell us what you come up with.

I dunno. My wife considers herself TERF sympathetic, supports racial equity but think Dems sometimes take racial stuff too far, wears a Bernie hoodie, and thinks Biden is too middle of the road in terms of financial class equity. Is she atypical?

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #490 on: January 25, 2022, 03:51:21 pm »
I would say she is atypical just on the fact that she at some point in her life found you compelling and attractive.

I dunno. My wife considers herself TERF sympathetic, supports racial equity but think Dems sometimes take racial stuff too far, wears a Bernie hoodie, and thinks Biden is too middle of the road in terms of financial class equity. Is she atypical?

« Reply #491 on: January 25, 2022, 03:55:07 pm »
Is she atypical?
Let me just make sure I have this clear: you would like us to sound off on if your wife, Celeste, is a person we consider atypical writ large?
LVMH

« Reply #492 on: January 25, 2022, 03:57:31 pm »
I would say she is atypical just on the fact that she at some point in her life found you compelling and attractive.
I would feel badly for Space, but here's been here long enough to know not to throw this chum in the water.
LVMH

« Reply #493 on: January 25, 2022, 03:59:15 pm »

Joke aside, yeah, man, I think your wife (and to some extent yourself as well) quite prides herself on being iconoclastic and not easily shoehorned into an archetypes and that applies on this topic as much as it does with her takes on . . . *gestures at every subject you've ever shared with us*.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #494 on: January 25, 2022, 04:01:04 pm »
Is she atypical?
Let me just make sure I have this clear: you would like us to sound off on if your wife, Celeste, is a person we consider atypical writ large?

No, I meant are her politics atypical. Meaning she's a champion of the working class like Bernie, but doesn't really identify with all the identity politics of the Left. (and that doesn't make her racist.)