Author Topic: Virgin Mobile Fest Baltimore 2009 date set?  (Read 181675 times)

walkonby

Re: Virgin Mobile Fest Baltimore 2009 date set?
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2009, 05:31:35 pm »
but coldplay and tool bring crowds who spend money on overpriced beer/water/merch, whether they fit into anybody's (your's) definition of people you want to be with you at a show . . . and isn't that the point at the end of the day. 

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

i think paul m. at coachella is a "odd" choice, but he brings the hype and the crowds and the cash in their hands.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 05:33:19 pm by walkonby »

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2009, 05:32:14 pm »
I'm not big on the headliners, but the middle of the lineup would thrill me. I could leave before the ultimate headliner every night and be really excited about what I got to see.

walkonby

« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2009, 05:43:13 pm »
I'm not big on the headliners, but the middle of the lineup would thrill me. I could leave before the ultimate headliner every night and be really excited about what I got to see.

where are my tips of fashion and grace before i fall on my face of strict horror as i might go out side with the wrong jacket with jeans?  or gasp, whether point or flat tipped shoes are back in range.  the colours of life sometimes confound my pale blue eyes.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2009, 06:01:56 pm »
I was made cognizant that the delicate sensibilities of this board's management was offended by the America, so it is on indefinite hiatus. If the opportunity comes along for me to take it to a venue that makes sense for it, I would do so.

Someone go pitch it to the BrightesyYoungThings kids or the New Yorker or Village Voice or something!

Got Haggis?

« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2009, 06:26:41 pm »
I was made cognizant that the delicate sensibilities of this board's management was offended by the America, so it is on indefinite hiatus. If the opportunity comes along for me to take it to a venue that makes sense for it, I would do so.

Someone go pitch it to the BrightesyYoungThings kids or the New Yorker or Village Voice or something!

??? wut

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2009, 09:43:25 am »
While Coldplay might not be your cup of tea, you have to understand that Coldplay is NOT playing any NYC area dates on their tour right now. While you might not want to see them, a lot of us would like a chance to see them somewhere in our neighborhood. Which really means Coldplay was not playing here because they were already going to be playing APW. So while you might not be happy, many of us locals are glad that we'll have another chance to see them.

And while you get excited over VW and MGMT, they happen to play in NYC a fair amount (or at least they had), so plenty of us are excited over the other bands that dont play here all the time. As the same for White Rabbits, The Postelles, etc.

I would bank on APW Weekend like last year.  Vampire Weekend, Fleet Foxes, MGMT, Arctic Monkeys and Lykke Li make a lot of sense.  The APW headliners are weak.  I am very surprised thats the best they could do.  Hopefully they take the best of APW's undercard and put in some real headliners.  Coldplay and Tool is pathetic. 
HeyLa

walkonby

« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2009, 10:29:21 am »
While Coldplay might not be your cup of tea, you have to understand that Coldplay is NOT playing any NYC area dates on their tour right now. While you might not want to see them, a lot of us would like a chance to see them somewhere in our neighborhood. Which really means Coldplay was not playing here because they were already going to be playing APW. So while you might not be happy, many of us locals are glad that we'll have another chance to see them.

And while you get excited over VW and MGMT, they happen to play in NYC a fair amount (or at least they had), so plenty of us are excited over the other bands that dont play here all the time. As the same for White Rabbits, The Postelles, etc.

I would bank on APW Weekend like last year.  Vampire Weekend, Fleet Foxes, MGMT, Arctic Monkeys and Lykke Li make a lot of sense.  The APW headliners are weak.  I am very surprised thats the best they could do.  Hopefully they take the best of APW's undercard and put in some real headliners.  Coldplay and Tool is pathetic. 

ummm . . . last time i checked this is dc.  who gives a fuck who plays and how often they do in ny.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2009, 10:30:06 am »
why anyone would get excited over vampire weekend is beyond me.  and the arctic monkeys' live show is zzzzzzzzzzz, or at least it was.  maybe they've improved?
<sig>

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2009, 11:00:06 am »

ummm . . . last time i checked this is dc.  who gives a fuck who plays and how often they do in ny.

He's complaining about tthe fact that APW has bands like Coldplay. And my point was that NYC does not have Coldplay show dates. Is it really _that_ difficult.
HeyLa

walkonby

« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2009, 11:12:04 am »
and my point is that this is dc, not ny.  we don't give a fuck about ny.  we care who plays here.  those are the shows we go to.   

except of course for those who enjoi posting (bragging?) about the seven to fourteen shows a week every week in dc and ny that they attend.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 11:15:48 am by walkonby »

sonickteam2

« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2009, 11:27:45 am »
And my point was that NYC does not have Coldplay show dates.

are you complaining about that?  i thought that was a good thing!

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2009, 11:41:11 am »
And my point was that NYC does not have Coldplay show dates.

are you complaining about that?  i thought that was a good thing!

I happen to like Coldplay and I, for one, would like a NYC date. Im excited they're playing APW.

On an unrelated note - Im more excited Im seeing U2 in DC!

« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 11:43:40 am by xneverwherex »
HeyLa

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2009, 12:36:52 pm »
fyi, the whistling that you're all hearing right now is the sound of xneverwherex's indie cred plummeting.
<sig>

sonickteam2

« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2009, 12:40:06 pm »
fyi, the whistling that you're all hearing right now is the sound of xneverwherex's indie cred plummeting.

whens the last time you saw coldplay, sweetie?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2009, 12:40:43 pm »
why anyone would get excited over vampire weekend is beyond me.  and the arctic monkeys' live show is zzzzzzzzzzz, or at least it was.  maybe they've improved?
I saw them when Whatever came out and they were real into the show, and when Nightmare came out they were.... I guess bored or something. The light show is awesome and they are fantastic live but I do wish they were more energetic. Luckily their music is pretty energetic. There's tons of videos of their new songs on Youtube, it looks like they still have the same light show as their last US tour, but they might be changing that up.
‼‼?‼‼