Author Topic: Old news, but new news to me  (Read 23869 times)

James Ford

Re: Old news, but new news to me
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2014, 02:52:41 pm »
I've lost interest in NASCAR and I drive a 95 Saturn but mostly use public transportation.

Glad to see that James Ford has fully embraced his new caucasian, suburban Fairfax County, parental, Rav-4 driving lifestyle in all its "Muslims Suck! NASCAR Rules!" glory.

atomic

« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2014, 03:00:48 pm »
I've lost interest in NASCAR and I drive a 95 Saturn but mostly use public transportation.

Glad to see that James Ford has fully embraced his new caucasian, suburban Fairfax County, parental, Rav-4 driving lifestyle in all its "Muslims Suck! NASCAR Rules!" glory.

The 95 Saturn ... Is there anything worse for a grown man to drive.   A few years ago after getting off of work I was waiting at a light and there was this old Saturn in front of me.  The light turned green and after about 15 seconds of waiting I honked the horn to let the guy in the Saturn know.  He was on his cell phone.  He screams at me "What do you want to do race to a red light".  The light was clearly green.  I expected it to be a college student or something.  As who else would drive an old Saturn? 

Anyway he finally moves to the light cursing me the whole way.  By the time he gets to the light it is red.  He proceeds to get out of his car to further yell at me.  Cell Phone still held up against his ear.  I was contemplating whether I should smash into him with my car.  And then he starts yelling "I know you, I know you".  Turns out to be someone who works at my company.   I was thinking what kind of a loser can't afford a decent car.  A few month back he quit the job as according to people he couldn't handle the stress.  He didn't have a new job.  Our job is very low stress.

Funny thing is I had ran into this guy on the Ocean City boardwalk a year ealier.  I had no idea who he was but I was walking down the boardwalk with my Girlfriend at the time.  (I don't go to Ocean City but my girlfriend was from the midwest so I thought I would show her all the beaches).  And this guy came up to me and started talking to me like I should know who he was.  He tells me all about his vacation and his kids.  And I am thinking I don't know this guy. 

Anyway, it has given me the opinion that weird people drive old Saturns. 

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2014, 03:06:17 pm »
I would just like to take this opportunity to remind everyone of my campaign for moderator and the #1 promise of my campaign: I will ban atomic Day 1 on the job.

Julian, Community ORGANIZER: "Moderation in Excess!"
LVMH

Hexenjagd

« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2014, 03:09:31 pm »
I vote for atomic. 

atomic

« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2014, 03:09:59 pm »
I would just like to take this opportunity to remind everyone of my campaign for moderator and the #1 promise of my campaign: I will ban atomic Day 1 on the job.

Why do you want to ban me so badly? I don't get it.  

Yada

« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2014, 03:10:23 pm »

The 95 Saturn ... Is there anything worse for a grown man to drive.   A few years ago after getting off of work I was waiting at a light and there was this old Saturn in front of me.  The light turned green and after about 15 seconds of waiting I honked the horn to let the guy in the Saturn know.  He was on his cell phone.  He screams at me "What do you want to do race to a red light".  The light was clearly green.  I expected it to be a college student or something.  As who else would drive an old Saturn? 

Anyway he finally moves to the light cursing me the whole way.  By the time he gets to the light it is red.  He proceeds to get out of his car to further yell at me.  Cell Phone still held up against his ear.  I was contemplating whether I should smash into him with my car.  And then he starts yelling "I know you, I know you".  Turns out to be someone who works at my company.   I was thinking what kind of a loser can't afford a decent car.  A few month back he quit the job as according to people he couldn't handle the stress.  He didn't have a new job.  Our job is very low stress.

Funny thing is I had ran into this guy on the Ocean City boardwalk a year ealier.  I had no idea who he was but I was walking down the boardwalk with my Girlfriend at the time.  (I don't go to Ocean City but my girlfriend was from the midwest so I thought I would show her all the beaches).  And this guy came up to me and started talking to me like I should know who he was.  He tells me all about his vacation and his kids.  And I am thinking I don't know this guy. 

sweet blog.

atomic

« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2014, 03:15:00 pm »

sweet blog.

I am glad you enjoyed it.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2014, 03:18:32 pm »

Because I don't feel you have some inherent God-given right to take a shit on this community pretty much daily. I don't think that everyone else on here should have to suffer and read through you trolling and intentionally trying to destroy any conversation anyone's having with random non sequiturs. This messageboard is a better place tomorrow if your banned today. Whether that's "fair" to you is completely irrelevant.

It's like if everyone went to a party and everyone was behaving nicely but one person comes in and they start shooting guns in the air, they pick up all the food on the buffet table and throw it on the floor, and they start urinating in the corner: we would never go, "oh, we can't ask that person to leave. That might ruin their fun. They have a right to be a complete asshole and make things worse for everyone else." We would never do that. We would throw that person out immediately. I see no reason it shouldn't be the same here when people such as yourself are figuratively taking a shit in the middle of our front room daily and our current moderators won't tell you to pull your pants up and throw you out of the room.

It's also, overwhelmingly, what the rest of us want. When doing the right thing and doing the popular thing both involve doing the exact same thing and someone fails to do it, we really have to question that person's fitness to lead.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 03:22:24 pm by Julian, Community ORGANIZER »
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2014, 03:25:27 pm »

Because I don't feel you have some inherent God-given right to take a shit on this community pretty much daily. I don't think that everyone else on here should have to suffer and read through you trolling and intentionally trying to destroy any conversation anyone's having with random non sequiturs. This messageboard is a better place tomorrow if your banned today. Whether that's "fair" to you is completely irrelevant.

It's like if everyone went to a party and everyone was behaving nicely but one person comes in and they start shooting guns in the air, they pick up all the food on the buffet table and throw it on the floor, and they start urinating in the corner: we would never go, "oh, we can't ask that person to leave. That might ruin their fun. They have a right to be a complete asshole and make things worse for everyone else." We would never do that. We would throw that person out immediately. I see no reason it shouldn't be the same here when people such as yourself are figuratively taking a shit in the middle of our front room daily and our current moderators won't tell you to pull your pants up and throw you out of the room.

It's also, overwhelmingly, what the rest of us want. When doing the right thing and doing the popular thing both involve doing the exact same thing and someone fails to do it, we really have to question that person's fitness to lead.

Are you talking about all the meta-threads you post?  Or perhaps how James Ford has turned this thread into an attack on Muslims?  You are accusing me of trolling by supporting a concert on a music site over a team that I have heard no one mention once on here. I  believe you are using the classic move of being a troll by calling someone else a troll.  Weren't you banned on here for a long time?

atomic

« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2014, 05:48:05 pm »
Also, if you want to be a moderator so bad send Seth a message with your qualifications and all the support you have gotten.  Perhaps he will let you have the total control of the message board you so badly want.  I would leave the part out about you being banned before.

i am gay and i like cats

Hexenjagd

« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2014, 03:46:44 pm »
Can someone please list what I can and cant wear?  What is offensive and culture misappropriation in regards to hats and clothes? 

Is it ok for me to wear one of my Afghan hats and scarves to a show? 

Headdresses are out... But that is cool because they would get in the way and block people's view. 

What about a crown of thorns? 

Can I dress as a Roman Centurion for Halloween?  Or is that culture ok to have as a costume?

And you all keep talking about the Redskins, or other Native American teams, but what about the Vikings?  Or Spartans?  Those are ok for mascots but not Native Americans? What about the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame?  I am half Irish, should I be offended and write a blog post about it? 

Also, my dog is offended at all of the dog mascots.  I AM NOT A MASCOT, he barked at me after seeing Georgetown on TV. 

(post was in jest but my point is, where is the line drawn?)

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2014, 03:56:56 pm »
a, -

Hexenjagd

« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2014, 04:01:48 pm »
Thank you, you are too kind.

Yada