Author Topic: Old news, but new news to me  (Read 23798 times)

K8teebug

Old news, but new news to me
« on: May 02, 2014, 03:28:02 pm »
So, apparently Wayne Coyne is a huge asshole now? 

sad.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: Old news, but new news to me
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 03:55:22 pm »
Why's he an asshole.
‼‼?‼‼

atomic

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 03:56:25 pm »
Evidently some guy got fired from the band for being a dick and now he is mad at Wayne.  That is what I got out of reading about it.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 03:56:59 pm »
Why's he an asshole.
I love that the biggest Landover NFL honk on here is the person to respond and ask. Couldn't have scripted it better.
LVMH

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 04:06:43 pm »
Basically Coyne is friends with Oklahoma's tea-party nutjob governor, whose daughter is in a band. The daughter takes multiple photos in Native American headress. A Native American group calls out the action, and the Lips drummer gives his support to Native American group. Coyne then fires the drummer and does a photo shoot in Native American garb as well.

Drummer also alleges that Coyne has had a midlife crisis the last few years and gave songs he wrote for Deerhoof to Kesha, and wanted band members to start fake social media fights with other bands such as The Black Keys as publicity stunts.
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 04:06:50 pm »
Why's he an asshole.
I love that the biggest Landover NFL honk on here is the person to respond and ask. Couldn't have scripted it better.

Wearing an Native American headrests is not racist.  The Landover NFL team name is racist.  Anyway it is just some guy who got fired word anyway.  If you get kicked out of a band start your own band.  

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 04:08:49 pm »
Why's he an asshole.

Wearing an Native American headrests is not racist.  The Landover NFL team name is racist.  Anyway it is just some guy who got fired word anyway.  If you get kicked out of a band start your own band.  
Who said it was racist? Even the group who brought it to light said it was offensive "cultural appropriation," and painted the issue as more disrespectful to use what is, in essence, a religious icon as a fashion statement.
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2014, 04:10:29 pm »
Basically Coyne is friends with Oklahoma's tea-party nutjob governor, whose daughter is in a band. The daughter takes multiple photos in Native American headress. A Native American group calls out the action, and the Lips drummer gives his support to Native American group. Coyne then fires the drummer and does a photo shoot in Native American garb as well.

Drummer also alleges that Coyne has had a midlife crisis the last few years and gave songs he wrote for Deerhoof to Kesha, and wanted band members to start fake social media fights with other bands such as The Black Keys as publicity stunts.

I don't get the Deerhoof stuff.  The guy is evidently telling people to go fuck themselves on Facebook.  If you call that giving support, I don't.  Sounds like he has issues.  Who cares anyway?  Go join Deerhoof.  He isn't a real member of the Flaming Lips anyway.

azaghal1981

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2014, 04:15:51 pm »
Also worth noting that said governor is the same governor that allowed that grotesque botched execution Tuesday night.
احمد

stevewizzle

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2014, 04:17:46 pm »
Why's he an asshole.

atomic = PFTcommenter

atomic

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2014, 04:24:22 pm »
Also worth noting that said governor is the same governor that allowed that grotesque botched execution Tuesday night.

He should be jailed for that as everyone has been telling him it would go badly.

atomic

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2014, 04:25:33 pm »
Why's he an asshole.

atomic = PFTcommenter

What is pftcommentator?

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2014, 04:27:11 pm »

He should be jailed for that as everyone has been telling him it would go badly.
i agree. Even you knew it was going to go wrong and you were so uninformed of the situation that you are unaware Oklahoma has a female governor.
LVMH

azaghal1981

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2014, 04:29:40 pm »

i agree. Even you knew it was going to go wrong and you were so uninformed of the situation that you are unaware Oklahoma has a female governor.
Was going to respond with "it is a she" but this also works.
احمد

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2014, 04:30:48 pm »
Why's he an asshole.

atomic = PFTcommenter

What is pftcommentator?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+is+pft+commenter
LVMH