Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3241379 times)

James Ford

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #5040 on: October 29, 2014, 11:50:39 am »
They just put it on last night at Georgetown Paradiso.

Also had a taste of Sam Adams KMF Grand Cru...which was surprisingly good.

where?

James Ford

« Reply #5041 on: October 31, 2014, 11:00:16 am »
Anybody have this yet?

My friend just brought me five cans, courtesy of his brother in SC.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #5042 on: November 01, 2014, 02:20:08 pm »
i like avery, and what they do.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5043 on: November 01, 2014, 11:57:20 pm »
so i was in Tysons this afternoon and was looking forward to checking out the Whole Foods there.  i had a growler with me in hopes of picking up something fun.  total disappointment: they only had pumpkin beers on tap.  i left with some Opal, Dirty Bastard and Sam Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout for the missus; so not a complete loss.  but damn... i'm all for seasons, but does it have to be a complete takeover?!?

Anybody have this yet?

i haven't but folks on BA & a beer brewing forum i'm on get pretty damn excited about it.  do let us know how it tastes.
<sig>

James Ford

« Reply #5044 on: November 03, 2014, 02:35:33 pm »
Westbrook Gose is excellent! Definitely bottle shareworthy.

If it were locally available, it would be my goes to low calorie beer.

I noticed that WG is an April-October beer. I also noticed that they oddly ship to my brother's new home of upstate New York. I had him pick up two six packs for me to bring home from Thanksgiving. Hopefully, most of it actually makes it home.

hutch

« Reply #5045 on: November 05, 2014, 09:30:30 pm »
ok beer lovers.. I need your help.. I would like to get my hands on this.. on one of the boxes with the Guided By Voices 10 inch record... any suggestions on what I should do?

All help appreciated

http://www.dogfish.com/community/blogfish/members/janellemiley/beer-thousand-is-on-the-way.htm

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5046 on: November 06, 2014, 11:26:41 am »
for the sour-heads:

Where
Meridian Pint - 3400 11th St. NW (11th and Park Road)

Description

Starting Saturday morning (November 15), we will be turning 18 of our lines to tart, wild, and funky beers. They will remain this way until Monday, November 17!

We have stockpiled in the range of 40-45 sour beers and will be rotating through a mix of domestic and international sours.

The opening Saturday draft list will include a number of standouts and DC debuts:

Lost Rhino Consortium - DC Debut - a blend of a year-old sour blonde and a 2-3 year old blackberry/grape/honey farmhouse ale fermented with isolated Virginia yeast)

New Belgium Cherry Felix  - DC Debut - New Belgium's golden sour aged in cherry whiskey barrels)

Natty Greene's American Sour  - DC Debut - Flanders red-style aged two years in oak barrels with wild yeast and souring bacteria

Firestone Walker Bretta Weiss - Berliner weiss aged in french oak with wild yeast and bacteria

Atlas Brew Works Barrel-Aged Saison Des Fets - Dark winter saison aged 12 months in wine barrels with brett

We will also be featuring two rotating funky ciders from Millstone Cellars.
The openers will be:
American Sidra - a wild-yeast influenced cider based on Spanish Basque ciders
Bonfire - a sour cyser aged with cold smoked fish peppers

Other opening drafts:

Hof Ten Dormaal Zure Van Tildonk (unblended, spontaneously-fermented lambic)
Cuvee Des Jacobins Rouge
Lost Rhino Birth of Ace Brett IPA
Goose Island Lolita
Allagash Nancy - Sour red fermented with cherries and brettanomyces
Allagash Evora - Aged 16 months in Portuguese Brandy barrels with brettanomyces
Evil Twin Sour Bikini
Evil Twin Femme Fatale Kabosu
2013 Bruery Tart of Darkness
Sam Adams KMF Grand Cru
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5047 on: November 06, 2014, 11:30:57 am »
ok beer lovers.. I need your help.. I would like to get my hands on this.. on one of the boxes with the Guided By Voices 10 inch record... any suggestions on what I should do?

All help appreciated

http://www.dogfish.com/community/blogfish/members/janellemiley/beer-thousand-is-on-the-way.htm

start calling finer craft beer retailers - rodmans, magruders, etc - ask for their beer buyer, and talk to him/her.  they won't hold one for you, but might tell you when they are expecting these (if they are expecting them).  if they aren't going to get any, ask if they know who might be.

you could try the BeerAdvocate forum, but that's generally for trades.  i don't know if you'll have any luck asking someone to buy it for you... but you never know.  worth a shot.
<sig>

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #5048 on: November 07, 2014, 06:28:43 pm »
Flying Dog beers inspired by Otterbein's Bakery?

Has anyone tried them???

I need a good holiday brew. 

hutch

« Reply #5049 on: November 07, 2014, 08:12:54 pm »

All help appreciated

start calling finer craft beer retailers - rodmans, magruders, etc - ask for their beer buyer, and talk to him/her.  they won't hold one for you, but might tell you when they are expecting these (if they are expecting them).  if they aren't going to get any, ask if they know who might be.

you could try the BeerAdvocate forum, but that's generally for trades.  i don't know if you'll have any luck asking someone to buy it for you... but you never know.  worth a shot.

so much work.. and i hate using the phone or asking people for favors..

i'm fucked.

hutch

« Reply #5050 on: November 07, 2014, 08:18:41 pm »
I think "I love LA" is like the anthem for that city!

I also thought of the Frank Black/Black Francis/Charles Sumner/whatever he's calling himself this week song...

of course there is that Chili Peppers one.....under the bridge....

Bagley

« Reply #5051 on: November 17, 2014, 01:42:34 pm »
Finally tried the Founder's Backwoods Bastard on tap at Churchkey over the weekend. It's a beautiful thing!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5052 on: November 17, 2014, 02:27:56 pm »
for the sour-heads:

Where
Meridian Pint - 3400 11th St. NW (11th and Park Road)

Description

Starting Saturday morning (November 15), we will be turning 18 of our lines to tart, wild, and funky beers. They will remain this way until Monday, November 17!

made it out to this on saturday.  spent about 3 hours sipping away while catching up with friends.  highlights:
- NB Cherry Felix
- Lost Rhino Consortium
- Allagash Nancy
- Allagash Evora
- Lost Rhino Birth of an Ace
- Atlas Saison des Fetes

great afternoon of sipping... had a blast.  left with a happy but wrecked palate ;D
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #5053 on: November 19, 2014, 03:34:34 pm »
damn... not much action in the beer thread with Jimmy gone. ;0(

What's a fair price for BCBS?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #5054 on: November 19, 2014, 03:50:20 pm »
$0.50 per ounce.