Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1313616 times)

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #1185 on: February 25, 2015, 01:32:23 pm »
for the record this was the opening act.. multi gender, multi race

slack

emmanuel

« Reply #1186 on: February 25, 2015, 01:34:06 pm »
Now, the crowd was surprisingly sedate, lackluster even. 

I'm not really sure about that. People were screaming a lot in my area, and also singing out of tune, which was kind of annoying. Now I've seen crowds that where more enthusiast and danced much more, but that doesn't seem to be the trend on the East Coast of US... I've rarely heard people screaming for 2nd encores or things like that like it is often the case in other areas.

If you ask me, from the 20 shows I've seen in Philly, crowds were on average even more sedate, but I'm not really complaining, except when people do not even bother to ask for encores.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1187 on: February 25, 2015, 01:37:05 pm »
for the record this was the opening act.. multi gender, multi race
"Opening act"? You mean "token".
LVMH

« Reply #1188 on: February 25, 2015, 01:37:53 pm »
sorry to report they doubled down; they have a "fourth person" helping out on a few songs on percussion, guitar etc.. and...you guessed it:  a white female..
Wow, that's crazy. This caucasian, cisgender-female oppression is TRIGGERING me.
LVMH

« Reply #1189 on: February 25, 2015, 01:41:23 pm »
yeah..DC crowds....

watchagonnado...watchagonnado? they're pretty hopeless..definitely noticed at the end how too many people took the first chance to leave instead of asking for another song...

Ok I'm going to have to disagree with the crowd, half the audience was singing along word for word on a lot of the songs.  I think they were really into it and rocking it for most of the show

But I was a little disappointed when they played their last song and the crowd didn't even try for an encore.
They did put on the house music immediately...so that may have discouraged them

Ian M was a dead fish, didn't bob his head once and left halfway through
slack

« Reply #1190 on: February 25, 2015, 01:42:19 pm »
sorry to report they doubled down; they have a "fourth person" helping out on a few songs on percussion, guitar etc.. and...you guessed it:  a white female..
Wow, that's crazy. This caucasian, cisgender-female oppression is TRIGGERING me.
Their guitar tech was a dude...so there is that
and he was on stage about 20 times as Carrie changed guitars every song
slack

« Reply #1191 on: February 25, 2015, 01:45:05 pm »
Their guitar tech was a dude...so there is that
and he was on stage about 20 times as Carrie changed guitars every song
Are you trying to equate being a guitar tech to a slave being forced to pick cotton on a plantation? Bold assertion.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #1192 on: February 25, 2015, 02:16:38 pm »

thing about philly is you have to go to philly and be in philly with people from philly....
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 02:19:58 pm by hutch »

Bags

« Reply #1193 on: February 25, 2015, 02:19:59 pm »
yeah..DC crowds....

watchagonnado...watchagonnado? they're pretty hopeless..definitely noticed at the end how too many people took the first chance to leave instead of asking for another song...

Ok I'm going to have to disagree with the crowd, half the audience was singing along word for word on a lot of the songs.  I think they were really into it and rocking it for most of the show
Interesting.  We were about a third of the way back on the Food Food side.  Not that it ruined the show for me, I danced and jumped and waved my hands around (as GGW once pointed out years ago, you can tell I know the song when my arm goes up...I hadn't noticed but he was dead on).

Bags

« Reply #1194 on: February 25, 2015, 02:20:56 pm »
We will be with people from Philly, so we've got that going for us.

bearman🐻

« Reply #1195 on: February 25, 2015, 02:26:27 pm »

thing about philly is you have to go to philly and be in philly with people from philly....

LOL...I love Philly. It's got personality. Great food, it's much cheaper than DC, it's got the Barnes Foundation, fantastic music venues (TLA, World Cafe Live, the Troc, Boot & Saddle, Union Transfer, the Skyline stage at Mann Center), Rittenhouse, cool record stores like Long in the Tooth, neighborhoods like Little Italy, Northern Liberties and Fishtown...I always have a great time and have lots of friends there. The only venue I'm not a fan of is the Electric Factory. Reminds me too much of Nation/Capitol Ballroom, which I hated.

Bags

« Reply #1196 on: February 25, 2015, 02:29:54 pm »
Bearman, I'm doing a full collection tour of the Barnes Foundation Saturday afternoon.  And dinner at Amada.  A great Philly day!

hutch

« Reply #1197 on: February 25, 2015, 02:35:13 pm »
Bearman, I'm doing a full collection tour of the Barnes Foundation Saturday afternoon.  And dinner at Amada.  A great Philly day!

ok Barnes is rad... did they move it yet?

I went a few years ago..simply amazing...

bearman🐻

« Reply #1198 on: February 25, 2015, 02:52:02 pm »

ok Barnes is rad... did they move it yet?

I went a few years ago..simply amazing...

It's moved. The work in that exhibit is some of my favorite art. And I grew up going to the Art Institute in Chicago...I really mean it has a high compliment. Never been to Amada. I typically eat on the cheap in Philly with occasional splurges. Zahav is outstanding.

« Reply #1199 on: February 25, 2015, 04:37:15 pm »
yeah..DC crowds....

Interesting.  We were about a third of the way back on the Food Food side.  Not that it ruined the show for me, I danced and jumped and waved my hands around (as GGW once pointed out years ago, you can tell I know the song when my arm goes up...I hadn't noticed but he was dead on).
so you dancing like this
slack