Author Topic: Wilco  (Read 19262 times)

ggw

Re: Wilco
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2006, 11:27:00 am »
Man, I miss the good old days.  I wish I could've gotten up at 4:00 AM to sit out in the rain for six hours in front of a mall to get tickets.  You people and your computers and electronic mail stuff suck.

floyd1975

« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2006, 11:31:00 am »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  Man, I miss the good old days.  I wish I could've gotten up at 4:00 AM to sit out in the rain for six hours in front of a mall to get tickets.  You people and your computers and electronic mail stuff suck.
I actually enjoyed some of those days.

BoomBoom

« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2006, 11:31:00 am »
I have no problem not getting tickets to any show that is fairly sold. But when you have to worry about how many tickets are being sold to self-described "devoted fans," "friends of the club" and otherwise on the sly, it's just galling.

BoomBoom

« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2006, 11:32:00 am »
And I have been taking more and more of my business to other clubs. I've rarely encountered a place that treats its customers more shabbily than the 9:30 Club.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2006, 11:32:00 am »
Originally posted by floyd:

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
I actually enjoyed some of those days. [/b]
But no matter how hard I tried there was always a scalper and his posse in front of me... How little things have actually changed   :D
T.Rex

nkotb

« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2006, 11:34:00 am »
I always love this line.  We'll see you next big ticket sale!

DOUBLE YAWN!!

Originally posted by BoomBoom:
  And I have been taking more and more of my business to other clubs. I've rarely encountered a place that treats its customers more shabbily than the 9:30 Club.

evilsanta

« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2006, 11:35:00 am »
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

BoomBoom

« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2006, 11:37:00 am »
Ciao, 9:30 Club employees. It's been nice chatting this morning.

Boom-Boom over and out. See you at the Wilco show. (I'll be on the guest list!)

Mobius

« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2006, 11:40:00 am »
  Back on...can't let go. Emails, soft sales, pre-sales, passwords. What a hassle. What's the point? Is going to a show supposed to be like a getting a cheap airline ticket? You have to be frequent flyer or something? That's lame.
I devised a strategy to get tickets that worked.  I logged onto tickets.com, typed in Wilco, and then bought tickets.  While somewhat of a hassle, it was easier than waiting in line at the Club.  

I'm not an economist, but its my understanding that the Club is relatively small and due to certain unnegotiable physical laws, management is forced to sell a finite number of tickets for shows.  As such, it has put into place much appreciated tactics to reward "fans" of the Club, as bands often reward their fans.  Its my opinion that it wasn't the system but rather user error that screwed this up for you.  Get over it.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2006, 11:41:00 am »
All 930 employees posting in this thread raise your hands?  Mine will stay down as I'm only a volunteer moderator/admin here and occasionally DJ at the club and not considered an actual employee...
T.Rex

godsshoeshine

« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2006, 11:43:00 am »
  See you at the Wilco show. (I'll be on the guest list!)
so you were complaining just to hear your self talk. awesome
o/\o

BoomBoom

« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2006, 11:45:00 am »
No, it's the system. When half or more of the tickets are gone before a show is even "officially" announced, that plum sucks. I've participated in pre-sales and gotten tickets for shows after not participating in pre-sales. But it still bothers me as a fan that the 9:30 Club, and some bands, want people to jump through these extra hoops just to go to a show.

mbvfan

« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2006, 11:46:00 am »
I'm shocked that I got 4.  To the person above who said that they've never been shut out from buying tickets to any show at 930 it happens to me all the time.  In fact this is the first time that I'll be seeing Wilco at 930 because every other time I've tried to buy presale tix or when they go onsale to the general public (refreshing at tickets.com every 5 seconds until 10am) I've never gotten them and it's happened much more than just Wilco shows.  Like I said, I'm shocked that I got any tickets.  I was prepared to be pissed off again.
 It's a problem that's great to bitch about but it would be better if someone had a solution on how to actually get tix at 10am for a show.

ggw

« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2006, 11:53:00 am »
  When half or more of the tickets are gone before a show is even "officially" announced, that plum sucks.
"Half or more" of the tickets were gone?

From where did you get that information?

eltee

« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2006, 11:56:00 am »
Originally posted by Bombay Chutney:

I am on the mailing list. I don't recall seeing any mention of Wilco in any recent club mailings. I admit I may have missed it. That's all I'm asking.
Wasn't it in last night's email?  I could be wrong about that.  I just scanned through it and already deleted it. [/b]
I found it in the newsletter mailed to my home. Didn't see it announced for sale again until the email yesterday.
 Just note there are two lists: a newsletter via snail mail, and an email mailing list.