Author Topic: COVID-19 2020  (Read 400419 times)

Re: COVID-19 2020
« Reply #2520 on: March 30, 2021, 05:32:18 pm »
Q:
How do people not know this?
A:
Literally only 1% of the population is  beholden to HIPAA
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #2521 on: March 30, 2021, 06:06:07 pm »
You can look up anyone you know in New York State and see if they’ve been vaccinated. All you need is their name, date of birth, and zip code.

https://epass.ny.gov/identity

hutch

« Reply #2522 on: March 30, 2021, 07:10:18 pm »
So you want me to look someone up?

Yada

« Reply #2523 on: March 30, 2021, 10:10:33 pm »

hutch

« Reply #2524 on: March 31, 2021, 09:09:59 am »
Look at you Yada! LOL

Most people have or are waiting their turn... but we are transitioning - in many places- to the stage where everyone is eligible

What you have with DC is a particular situation that makes it so more people than in most states as a percentage are going to try to get vaccinated quicker... you have a city surrounded by two states doing a comparatively better job

As far as I can tell it’s actually going really well if you think about it..with most waiting their turn.. its a country with 330 million people and 51 different jurisdictions overseeing vaccination

Yada

« Reply #2525 on: March 31, 2021, 09:25:13 am »
Look at you Yada! LOL

Most people have or are waiting their turn... but we are transitioning - in many places- to the stage where everyone is eligible

What you have with DC is a particular situation that makes it so more people than in most states as a percentage are going to try to get vaccinated quicker... you have a city surrounded by two states doing a comparatively better job

As far as I can tell it’s actually going really well if you think about it..with most waiting their turn.. its a country with 330 million people and 51 different jurisdictions overseeing vaccination

and I quote, "about 10 percent of DC’s population is fully inoculated against Covid-19."

That's a god awful stat right there for a city with under a million people of mostly libs that would want a vaccine.

hutch

« Reply #2526 on: March 31, 2021, 09:28:09 am »
Yup DC dropped the ball

Not sure why

Bowser seemed to be doing a good job.. but not anymore

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2527 on: March 31, 2021, 10:46:53 am »
Oh I can explain why: DC is hyper-focused on being equitable. Virginia has like two main pools of vaccines (health department ones and pharmacy ones) and a few niche ones for health care workers and long term care residents. DC is taking most doses and putting it into health department and then have these giant rolling qualifications for groups that differs on a zip code level in hopes of equitable rolling out vaxes among intersection groups.

And that's a super amazing goal and idea; however, its super difficult to put into practice. Basically, the states/districts that had these super complicated rollout plans in the name of equity -- e.g Cali, NY, DC -- struggled mightily. Those who made the simplest systems possible (e.g. "this week is 70+ ... next week is 68+ ... two weeks from now is 66+") -- see New Mexico or West Virginia -- are outpacing the nation on vaccination precentage.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #2528 on: March 31, 2021, 10:55:27 am »
  see New Mexico or West Virginia -- are outpacing the nation on vaccination precentage.

My assumption is demand is lower in these areas as well, right?

« Reply #2529 on: March 31, 2021, 11:22:54 am »
  see New Mexico or West Virginia -- are outpacing the nation on vaccination precentage.

WV maybe that is the case but NM just voted blue so they're not a ton of vax denying hippies. If vaccine hesitancy led to higher percentage of populations getting vaccinated more quickly, that trend should follow in the deep south and it really isn't.

WV and NM had super easy to execute rollout plans and good communication around who was eligible when because, again, it was super easy to understand. I might more align with the more thoughtful equitable plans like DCs but I think we're seeing, a more complicated plan (1) is harder to execute with no experience in mass vaccinations and (2) leads to otherwise well-informed people not even understanding if they're able to get vaccinated now and how/where they would accomplish that. (The federal pharmacy partnership program is actually a super success in helping every state with this.) There's something to be said for "keep it simple stupid."
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #2530 on: March 31, 2021, 11:25:18 am »

WV maybe that is the case but NM just voted blue so they're not a ton of vax denying hippies. If vaccine hesitancy led to higher percentage of populations getting vaccinated more quickly, that trend should follow in the deep south and it really isn't.

WV and NM had super easy to execute rollout plans and good communication around who was eligible when because, again, it was super easy to understand. I might more align with the more thoughtful equitable plans like DCs but I think we're seeing, a more complicated plan (1) is harder to execute with no experience in mass vaccinations and (2) leads to otherwise well-informed people not even understanding if they're able to get vaccinated now and how/where they would accomplish that. (The federal pharmacy partnership program is actually a super success in helping every state with this.) There's something to be said for "keep it simple stupid."

Preach, son!

I agree... Assuming native Americans (blue or not) aren't big on getting vaxxed either, but I could be wrong...

hutch

« Reply #2531 on: March 31, 2021, 11:36:11 am »
Agree thank Jesus for the pharmacies...

« Reply #2532 on: March 31, 2021, 11:36:34 am »
Assuming native Americans (blue or not) aren't big on getting vaxxed either, but I could be wrong...
That's a potentially fair point.
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #2534 on: April 01, 2021, 07:26:44 pm »

NM just voted blue so they're not a ton of vax denying hippies.

This tells me you've never been to Taos, Santa Fe or some of the suburbs of Albuquerque.  Makes even San Francisco look downright normal by comparison.

While I believe some of your narrative is true, supply is by far the biggest impediment in CA.  Sure, New Mexico is getting their shots out very well, West Virginia is behind CA and NY when it comes to the % percentage of shots they've doled out, which is shocking when you consider the scale of the other two states:

2. New Mexico
Doses distributed to state: 1,442,775
Doses administered: 1,258,002
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 87.19

28. New York
Doses distributed to state: 11,913,695
Doses administered: 9,261,975
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 77.74

31. California
Doses distributed to state: 23,660,110   
Doses administered: 18,223,412
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 77.02