Author Topic: Paul Weller  (Read 24039 times)

poorlulu

Re: Paul Weller
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2003, 01:27:00 am »
that bloke was totally hot..........even if unfortunately he was english.........ah well he had squiffy hair so i will let him off......not to sure about stings son though......maybe he will be like his dad and age well.............<P>meant to say thanks for the cd fico i will give it a listen at work tommorrow and tell you what i think..........the guy on the cover of that cd looked hot too........

lily1

« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2003, 01:29:00 am »
yeah, that english thing. bummer. both of them too. double bummer.  <P>but he was incredibly similiar to john mayer. a much hotter version of john mayer. MUCH hotter. <P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by poorlulu:<BR><B>that bloke was totally hot..........even if unfortunately he was english.........ah well he had squiffy hair so i will let him off......</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

jadetree

« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2003, 01:31:00 am »
I thought Fiction Plane was awful.  And I thought Sebastian Rogers said it best with his song, Nothing Original.

poorlulu

« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2003, 01:31:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lily1:<BR><B><BR>but he was incredibly similiar to john mayer. a much hotter version of john mayer. MUCH hotter. <P><BR> </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>but it doesn't get any hotter than john mayer.........his body is a wonderland...........ick...........that's a wonderland i don't want to visit............<P>

poorlulu

« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2003, 01:35:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B>I thought Fiction Plane was awful.  And I thought Sebastian Rogers said it best with his song, Nothing Original.  </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>ooooooohhhhh hark at you............so bitter for one so young..........<P>fiction plane were actually alright.......much better than most support bands........the first guy was perfect eye candy..........he was like the singer rosey (remember her) but for girls.........

lily1

« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2003, 01:39:00 am »
i think they are worth another listen. i've dealt with worse openers. like waxwings for the frames last fall. *waits for onslaught of waxwings fans telling me i'm smoking crack*<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B>I thought Fiction Plane was awful.  And I thought Sebastian Rogers said it best with his song, Nothing Original.  </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

jadetree

« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2003, 01:44:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by poorlulu:<BR><B> ooooooohhhhh hark at you............so bitter for one so young..........<P>fiction plane were actually alright.......much better than most support bands........the first guy was perfect eye candy..........he was like the singer rosey (remember her) but for girls.........</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You only liked them because they were British, they must have listened to a lot of Bush for inspiration.  Although the first song was much better than the rest.<P>I never saw Rosey.

poorlulu

« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2003, 01:47:00 am »
noooooooo<P>generally i hate them if they are british..........they did bear a little too close a resemblance to bush, and as markie noted a little bit like rush too.............<BR>not the best role models.............still they were actually ok............

lily1

« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2003, 01:49:00 am »
tegan and sara, who opened for ryan adams this fall were far worse than rosey who opened for, damn, who did she open for? i was there and i can't even remember. tegan and sara were like the musical version of the snl skit with the 2 female radio personalities. i kid you not. <P>  <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B> <BR>I never saw Rosey.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><p>[This message has been edited by lily1 (edited 02-20-2003).]

jadetree

« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2003, 01:51:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lily1:<BR><B>tegan and sara, who opened for ryan adams this fall were far worse than rosey who opened for, damn, who did she open for? i was there and i can't even remember. <P> </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Morcheeba

jadetree

« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2003, 01:53:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by poorlulu:<BR><B>noooooooo<P>generally i hate them if they are british..........they did bear a little too close a resemblance to bush, and as markie noted a little bit like rush too.............<BR>not the best role models.............still they were actually ok............</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>There is nothing wrong with Rush, and I didn't hear that at all.<BR>

lily1

« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2003, 01:53:00 am »
thanks, once again, jadetree, for your keen memory. <P>that's embarrassing, actually, that i couldn't recall that. the show was only a few weeks ago! <P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B> Morcheeba</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

poorlulu

« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2003, 01:53:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lily1:<BR><B> tegan and sara were like the musical version of the snl skit with the 2 female radio personalities. i kid you not.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>damn i wish i'd seen that............that sounds fantastic

poorlulu

« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2003, 01:55:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B> <BR>There is nothing wrong with Rush, </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>hahahahahah!!!!! <P>good one jadetree

lily1

« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2003, 01:55:00 am »
i like rush too, and i didn't see that influence. i did hear some significant similarity to every other young male band that has erupted in the last couple of years. they have potential if they can break fully from the mold. it seems like they are trying but i don't know if it will completely happen.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B> <BR>There is nothing wrong with Rush, and I didn't hear that at all.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>