Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 467239 times)

hutch

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #2685 on: August 21, 2020, 12:11:33 pm »
No props for Joe?

I expect to see some crow eating from the loony leftists that told us he was senile...

« Reply #2686 on: August 21, 2020, 12:54:55 pm »
I expect to see some crow eating from the loony leftists that told us he was senile...
crow eating, not their style.
Bernie is going out of his way to show his support, so it's kind of funny to see these Berners still go nuts and Anti-biden
Saw one start dropping Tara Reed again

I was watching on PBS and they kept talking over things as there were Zero breaks, talk about controlling the message

They used to be able to have commentary while waiting for the next speaker, now you get 2 seconds

I am legit terrified for the GOP one, it is going to be HATEFEST 2020 with no laugh track
Trump needs the feedback from the crowd, they for sure are going to have a few thousand people where ever he speaks from so he can hear the cheers and chants
I hear he is going to speak every night and I'm certian that every single speaker will kiss his ass with such dertermination they will be french kissing his splean
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 12:58:01 pm by Boater Fraud is real ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2687 on: August 21, 2020, 01:10:21 pm »
No props for Joe?

joe was fine.  he didn't mess up.  the bar was low, and he cleared it.  he came across as a decent human being and a competent and inclusive leader.  in normal times he'd be a snoozefest and we'd be complaining non-stop, but given the current shit-show in the oval office he's manna from heaven. biden/harris 2020 4 lyfe, get out the vote, stop the insanity.

it's the other speakers that tweaked my enthusiasm.  michelle, barack, kamala, elizabeth, the boy with the stutter... those are the speeches we're talking about the morning after.  but joe?  he was fine. 
<sig>

« Reply #2688 on: August 21, 2020, 01:26:53 pm »
I think the bar was low for Joe I agree and he cleared it by a mile   (I can not tell a lie, I did fall asleep mid speach...I go to bed by 11 now)

Was nice seeing Virginian Legsistlator and Trans woman Danica Roem do one of the early shout outs!
I really look forward to seeing more of those other speakers in his Administration!
slack

« Reply #2689 on: August 21, 2020, 01:38:02 pm »
The theme from "Charles in Charge" -- a perennial hit with the avocado-toast-and-craft-beer set -- will serve as the unofficial anthem of the upcoming Republican convention.
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2690 on: August 21, 2020, 01:59:09 pm »
LOL @ "the avocado-toast-and-craft-beer set"

also LOL @ the choice of theme music for the RNC
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2691 on: August 21, 2020, 02:23:20 pm »
No props for Joe?

joe was fine.  he didn't mess up.  the bar was low, and he cleared it.  he came across as a decent human being and a competent and inclusive leader.  in normal times he'd be a snoozefest and we'd be complaining non-stop, but given the current shit-show in the oval office he's manna from heaven. biden/harris 2020 4 lyfe, get out the vote, stop the insanity.

it's the other speakers that tweaked my enthusiasm.  michelle, barack, kamala, elizabeth, the boy with the stutter... those are the speeches we're talking about the morning after.  but joe?  he was fine.
I thought the second half of his speech was legitimately very good, regardless of where the bar was in people's minds.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2692 on: August 21, 2020, 06:18:21 pm »
I thought the second half of his speech was legitimately very good, regardless of where the bar was in people's minds.

i must admit that i listened to the first 5 minutes attentively.  after i determined he was doing fine, i partially tuned out.  by the time joe hit his stride in the second half i was multitasking and not giving him his due.  sry.

i wasn't overwhelmed, and i wasn't underwhelmed.  i i guess i was just whelmed. 
<sig>

« Reply #2693 on: August 21, 2020, 06:24:27 pm »

That's funny...although were you watching PBS on wednesday night?
I think it was after Joe was given the nom and gave a short speach
David Brooks was asked what he thought about it and he said " it was good, but I'm underwhelmed"
I can remember the next commentator's name, but he said: i wasn't overwhelmed, and i wasn't underwhelmed.  i am just whelmed.
I was cracking up...maybe that wasn't that original...but had me bawling
(I was drinking every time someone said trump...so was pretty drunk ;)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 06:26:25 pm by Klepto-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

shemptiness

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2695 on: August 21, 2020, 06:59:43 pm »

That's funny...although were you watching PBS on wednesday night?
I think it was after Joe was given the nom and gave a short speach
David Brooks was asked what he thought about it and he said " it was good, but I'm underwhelmed"
I can remember the next commentator's name, but he said: i wasn't overwhelmed, and i wasn't underwhelmed.  i am just whelmed.

i swear to shiva, i wasn't watching NPR and i didn't hear that comment.  but really, it's pretty predictable... although when i wrote that it was the first time it occurred to me that if there is an over- and an under-, then there must be a non-prefix version.  and there is, i looked it up.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #2696 on: August 22, 2020, 01:00:12 am »
So Biden has raised at least $118 million over about a week....

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/21/politics/joe-biden-dnc-fundraising-viewership/index.html

We know the deal..if he wins (And takes power...)  people will say he ran a good campaign and if not they will retroactively say he ran a terrible campaign no matter if he walked on water

But I think so far so good...an easier less divisive primary process than expected and so far the general is shaping up well...no major issues

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2697 on: August 22, 2020, 09:39:15 am »
This is the most unusual campaign cycle in our lifetimes++ because of COVID. Biden seems to be running the political equivalent of that football play where you hand it off to the running back who goes up the middle for one yard and pretty much intentionally falls down so as not to lose the ball and keep the clock running. He isn’t actively campaigning. He has no stated intention to step foot in any swing states at this point. He seems very happy to just literally go, “so you wanna just do the vote tomorrow.”

Which, honestly, is pretty smart looking at this point. And I do maintain he actually killed that speech the other night.

If he doesn’t spit up all over himself in debates, he’s looking pretty good. But he needs to remember what Hillary didn’t - “Trump is a shitbag” isn’t a platform. White people in the Midwest have real economic issues (despite their privilege) and he has to tell them what he will do for them. You can also say what you’re going to do for immigrants, and people who want to use a restroom that does not align with the gender they were assigned at birth, and POC who have bad run ins with criminal justice but do not ever stop talking about the income gap and how white working families are going to have better under Biden/Harris. See if a handler off stage can rig an Apple Watch to buzz if he spends three consecutive minutes without mentioning it.
LVMH

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #2698 on: August 22, 2020, 10:00:47 am »
I don't think the management of his campaign will make or break him at this point. Joe either continues to perform well....or he doesn't. They simply need to keep him in the public eye and play it safe. Let Kamala do some of the heavy lifting.

I don't know whether a debate is in the cards. That might not play to Joe's strengths and could be a defining moment people point the finger at if things go south.

hutch