Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1313542 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #1080 on: December 04, 2014, 04:45:15 pm »
really?  fascinating!  do, tell.

bearman🐻

« Reply #1081 on: December 04, 2014, 06:20:38 pm »
I was at the Black Cat show and the NIN/QOTSA show. The Black Cat one was intense! Uncut opened the show up..I wonder whatever happened to that band. I briefly talked to Jesse Keeler while at DC101 and he said he loved the Black Cat when he played there with Arcade Fire. I guess that show was in 2004 when I did not know either band haha. Did anyone here go to that show?

I went to both the 2004 Arcade Fire show and the 2005 NIN show! They were both good. I don't like the Arcade Fire anymore though. And we met them at St. Ex beforehand and they were jerks.

I need to hear more about this one.

TheREALHunter

« Reply #1082 on: December 08, 2014, 10:42:59 am »
Centro-matic's set last night was great, shame they're calling it a day.

K8teebug

« Reply #1083 on: December 08, 2014, 03:06:15 pm »
I was at the Black Cat show and the NIN/QOTSA show. The Black Cat one was intense! Uncut opened the show up..I wonder whatever happened to that band. I briefly talked to Jesse Keeler while at DC101 and he said he loved the Black Cat when he played there with Arcade Fire. I guess that show was in 2004 when I did not know either band haha. Did anyone here go to that show?

I went to both the 2004 Arcade Fire show and the 2005 NIN show! They were both good. I don't like the Arcade Fire anymore though. And we met them at St. Ex beforehand and they were jerks.

About Arcade Fire being jerks?

I need to hear more about this one.

bearman🐻

« Reply #1084 on: December 09, 2014, 10:22:11 am »

bearman🐻

« Reply #1085 on: December 09, 2014, 10:25:05 am »
For jerky bands that I've met, I'd say my most negative experiences were Andy Fletcher from Depeche Mode and Luscious Jackson (I've never met such a bunch of snobby, entitled, nasty group of people...thank God I've never given them a dime of my money). Andy was just pompous. I've had at least 3 run-ins with Billy Corgan and he is no peach either. First two times he was nasty as hell. Third time he was out of his element (at a hockey game) and was way nicer.

K8teebug

« Reply #1086 on: December 09, 2014, 04:27:25 pm »

About Arcade Fire being jerks?

YES!

I was super super excited to see them at the 930. I was really into Funeral, and loved it. We went to Cafe St. Ex before the show for dinner. It was crazy icy out that night (although that is not relevant). They seated us downstairs, and the only other people down there were Arcade Fire. After we were all finished eating/drinking, we all got up at the same time, because, we were all going to the same place. I went up to Win and just said that I was really looking forward to the show and I loved the album, and he was just a total asshole about it. No thank you, or anything. Like I was bothering him by thanking him for writing a good album.

His brother was really nice though. But Win and Regine were not nice and snobby.  But, oh well. That's why I don't normally talk with bands, I guess. I have just not been that into them since then. They just seemed like they thought they were "so important".

That's really sad about Andy from Depeche Mode. I love Depeche Mode.

hutch

« Reply #1087 on: December 09, 2014, 04:33:29 pm »
Luscious Jackson berated me from the stage of the old 930... all because I yelled "Richmond sucks!"

bearman🐻

« Reply #1088 on: December 09, 2014, 04:36:14 pm »
That's really sad about Andy from Depeche Mode. I love Depeche Mode.

Everybody has a crummy day and I'm very forgiving about that. Andy Fletcher may have been having one. I was glad that I encountered Billy Corgan at least once when he seemed happy. I'm sure that everyone can have their off moments.

I once ran into Isobel and Stuart Murdoch from Belle and Sebastian on the street. I had NO idea they were a couple...I was perfectly nice, told them I loved their music, and gave them some directions before sending them on their way. Later on I heard about all the drama they were having on their tour and that dates were cancelled because of Isobel. I probably interrupted a moment when they needed alone time, but they were totally cool.

Luscious Jackson were at a meet and greet, which is why their crappiness was even more out of place. If I just happen to meet someone, I try to be forgiving about their demeanor if it seems "off". Usually people are reserved or kind. Some people act like they're your best friend. Joe Strummer did that with my sister...he bought her a drink. The Chemical Brothers invited me and friend backstage like we were invited over to their house for drinks. Dennis Danell from Social Distortion was one of the nicest, most welcoming people I've ever met...I interviewed him by phone and he told me to come find him at their show. I figured he wouldn't have a clue who I was but he invited me on the band's tour bus and they signed stuff for me. The reality is most bands know without their fans, they wouldn't have careers. I've heard that the Arcade Fire peeps are a bit of a handful. That story doesn't shock me.  

azaghal1981

« Reply #1089 on: December 09, 2014, 05:03:43 pm »
For jerky bands that I've met, I'd say my most negative experiences were Andy Fletcher from Depeche Mode and Luscious Jackson (I've never met such a bunch of snobby, entitled, nasty group of people...thank God I've never given them a dime of my money). Andy was just pompous. I've had at least 3 run-ins with Billy Corgan and he is no peach either. First two times he was nasty as hell. Third time he was out of his element (at a hockey game) and was way nicer.

This made me laugh earlier today. https://twitter.com/mariasherm/status/542305469550067712
احمد

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #1090 on: December 09, 2014, 05:07:42 pm »
I would love to spend the day talking fuzz pedals, cats, and pro-wrestling with Billy.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1091 on: December 09, 2014, 05:09:27 pm »
I would love to spend the day talking fuzz pedals, cats, and pro-wrestling with Billy.
I think he sold his wrestling thing.
LVMH

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #1092 on: December 09, 2014, 05:24:26 pm »
That does not mean he is not still a fan.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1093 on: December 09, 2014, 05:27:06 pm »
That does not mean he is not still a fan.
Oh, I know, I was just sayin'.
LVMH

azaghal1981

« Reply #1094 on: December 09, 2014, 05:29:00 pm »
Did you listen to that Damian Abraham/Meredith Graves podcast from last week? She's apparently also a wrestling fan.
احمد