Author Topic: Pixies are Back?  (Read 6939 times)

jadetree

Re: Pixies are Back?
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2003, 05:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by bunnyman:
  This Pixies story is one of the many reasons why I love Pitchfork:  http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/news/03-09/10.shtml
you mean the one that started this thread?

bearman🐻

« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2003, 06:06:00 pm »
Wasn't that an MTV article that broke the story first?

bearman🐻

« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2003, 06:08:00 pm »
Sorry Jadetree...I first saw it on MTV and didn't realize that you had posted from Pitchfork...I just assumed it was the MTV article you had posted. :-)

Bags

« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2003, 10:58:00 pm »
That is very cool, bunnyman, and I understand that sentiment very well.

I've never gotten the Pixies, though.  I think I missed them by, literally, a couple years.  Same with Pavement and Sebadoh -- all bands my sister, four years younger, and her friends were way into.

I met a guy at a bar and told him exactly how old I thought he was based on his affection for those bands and a couple others.  I was right!  

Originally posted by bunnyman:
  LOL...I'll be the first in line to admit that I care...this was the band that changed the way I listened to music.  It was through the Pixies that I discovered so much other good music.  I know it's a bold statement, but the Pixies totally changed my life and without them I was able to survive high school and my adolescence.  Some people say that Kiss saved their lives...for me, it was the Pixies. I'm not going to hold my breath to see this happen, but it would be nice to see.

Bags

« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2003, 11:06:00 pm »
But *I*still listen to their albums, so *I* still want to see them live as long as i think the show will be good.  I don't give a shit if they're culturally relevant.  No way in hell every band you go see is 'relevant.'  You dig their music, and that's it.

Joe Jackson was awesome, and need I bring up Cheap Trick again?   ;)

Originally posted by Anton Newcombe:

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

Originally posted by Anton Newcombe:
   So that means you are succumbing to nostalgia.
And that is bad because.....? [/b]
because those artistes were only culturally relevant at their peak, which was many moons ago. [/b]

dlcjr1775

« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2003, 03:50:00 am »
Jesus Christ, I just dove into my Pixies catalog, and threw about 20 songs onto my jukebox, and HOLY SHIT, the PIxies are coming and I'm excited.  :)    :D    :cool: