Author Topic: Possible sell outs  (Read 8152 times)

Bags

Re: Possible sell outs
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2004, 08:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rutherford J. Balls:
  Bottom line is if you really want to see a show, buy the tickets in advance. Why do we even have to have threads like this?
Because, there are about 20 shows on my "to see" list, I obviously won't get to them all, so I want to prioritize those that might sell out.  

If it's a possible sell out, I either get a ticket or decide I don't care -- but I make that decision sooner, so I don't lose out just because I didn't act.  [I always get tickets to show I really care almost as soon as they go on sale.]  For shows that aren't MUST SEE for me, I wonder how quickly I should get to the BC or 9:30 to get tix -- should I just get them at the next show I see, or make a special trip.

If you think it's a dumb thread, don't read it.  There are numerous threads I don't read, so hence I don't complain about them.

Bags

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2004, 08:14:00 pm »
  Well how the fuck does anybody know what is going to sell out and what is not? It's all just opinion, unless someone from the clubs gets on here and gives an answer.

Would anybody have predicted DCFC would sell out the 9:30 Club a month in advance after selling out the Cat only a FEW days in advance?

Originally posted by sonickteam2:

Bottom line is if you really want to see a show, buy the tickets in advance. Why do we even have to have threads like this?
well, i live in Baltimore and its not very convenient for me to get tickets, w/o paying a large service charge.  I will be in DC on Saturday, now, if i wanted to go see DCFC, and i waited til then, i would be too late, but if i knew it was close to selling out, than i may make a special trip or buy em online or something.
    are you aware that other people are on this board, its not just for you. [/b]
[/b]
YES, I would have predicted the DCFC, and I got tickets much sooner than I usually do.  And I win.

God, Rhett, just go pester folks in another thread!  We actually end up getting some good feedback in these threads, and you keep bringing up the same goddamn "how does anyone *really* know it will sell out" crap.

How does anyone *really* know the band will show up at all?!?  How does anyone *really* know there won't be a natural disaster, forcing the club to close and refund tickets without the service charges?
   :mad:

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2004, 12:15:00 am »
I've lived in Baltimore, and DC. Baltimore is hipper by a mile.

Originally posted by sonickteam2:

Originally posted by mankie:
 Hey Sonick, let's all us burbanites move into the city within cycling/walking distance to the 930 and watch these city-hipsters move out to the burbs when they have to wait in line for stuff because it's too crowded.
lol.  

wait. i dont live in the burbs!  i live in A city, just not DC   :)  

but its not hip to live in Baltimore   :(  [/b]

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2004, 10:05:00 am »
20 shows on your "to see" list? Congratulations! You've taken over Pollard's old title as "Board Member wit the Least Discriminating Taste".

QUOTE]Originally posted by Bags:

Because, there are about 20 shows on my "to see" list, I obviously won't get to them all, so I want to prioritize those that might sell out.  

If it's a possible sell out, I either get a ticket or decide I don't care -- but I make that decision sooner, so I don't lose out just because I didn't act.  [I always get tickets to show I really care almost as soon as they go on sale.]  For shows that aren't MUST SEE for me, I wonder how quickly I should get to the BC or 9:30 to get tix -- should I just get them at the next show I see, or make a special trip.

If you think it's a dumb thread, don't read it.  There are numerous threads I don't read, so hence I don't complain about them. [/b][/QUOTE]

markie

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2004, 10:50:00 pm »
  20 shows on your "to see" list? Congratulations! You've taken over Pollard's old title as "Board Member wit the Least Discriminating Taste".

Isn't it ironic, the boards two least discriminating people, and neither of them ever liked you.