Author Topic: The perfect metaphor for 95% of the 9:30 club message bo  (Read 7447 times)

Brian_Wallace

Re: The perfect metaphor for 95% of the 9:30 club message bo
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2008, 11:02:00 am »
Do you really think I'd smugly, arrogantly dictate what's good and what's not good to you people?  Open your ears.  If you hear something fresh and exciting, that's great.  Spread the word.  If you're happy when "Everyday is Like Sunday" comes on the radio, turn it up and say "That's my Jam!" then, good for you.  Good luck with that.

The kind of person who would start a "Things ________ thinks you should know" thread?  Yeah...I'm the exact OPPOSITE of that kind of person.

Brian

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2008, 11:07:00 am »
point proven
T.Rex

sonickteam2

« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2008, 11:12:00 am »
cant even name ONE band.  pretty disappointing.

and here i thought everyone had at least SOMETHING to contribute.

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2008, 11:16:00 am »
Originally posted by Erinaceous Sonickus:
  speaking of fresh young talent, i saw the "Bamboozle Road Show" last night and there were 5 bands of fresh young talent,

Lydia, Metro Station, Armor For Sleep, Set Your Goals and Saves the Day and let me tell you

if thats fresh young talent, you can have it cause it sucks big fat hairy rotten eggs!

(actually Lydia was ok, decent instrumentation with a hint of SDRE thrown in)
I dont know about the rest .. but Armor For Sleep and Saves the Day aren't young at all .. or fresh. WTF. Is that what this tour is supposed to tout? Both have been around several years .. hell, Saves the Day like 10+ years.
nothx

sonickteam2

« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2008, 11:19:00 am »
Originally posted by miss pretentious:
  I dont know about the rest .. but Armor For Sleep and Saves the Day aren't young at all .. or fresh. WTF. Is that what this tour is supposed to tout? Both have been around several years .. hell, Saves the Day like 10+ years.
no no, i realize that Saves the Day has been around for a while. it was just the show i happened to be at and most of thier fans are 15.

Though, Saves the Day are old married dudes who were completely wasted when they went on stage, drank the entire time they were "taking requests" and then finished with "we'd love to play more but we're so wasted we'd probably just embarass ourselves"

kinda late for that, i thought.