Author Topic: Shooting Kills Man Near Club In Shaw  (Read 8880 times)

Bags

Re: Shooting Kills Man Near Club In Shaw
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2005, 06:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by thatguy:

Originally posted by filthypit:
  here's the deal:
 i've been going to 9.30 since the early 80's and haven't been carded since '92 -
i call bullshit.  you are lying.  if you've been to the club, you've been carded.
  [/b]
I agree, that's bullshit.  I've been going to the club an average of 2.5 times a month since 1990.  This obviously makes me old -- late 30s.  I get carded every single time I go to the club.  As do my 40 year old friends.

vansmack

« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2005, 07:43:00 pm »
Clack Clack.
27>34

Sir HC

« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2005, 12:37:00 am »
  mindcage's hotbutton:

...you do sound like an old hag.

No one fucked with you over an ID..they're doing their job. Forgive them for caring about their job and the establishment they work for! I don't think anyone is getting defensive as much as clearly pointing out what an ass you are and not thinking logically and with common sense.

OK mr. fuck-wit, fair enough. ^^^but if that ain't defensive, i don't know what is.  
 yes, and after some coffee and deep thinking, i apologized for my forked tongue.

i guess you don't like having your hipness questioned/insulted? that in itself is pretty funny.

for the record:
 my friends call me hagatha
 and the zitface kids across the street called me an ass last week...

so FucktardCage, your nasty little temper tantrum has not blurred your thinking. you are spot on in your choice of name calling.  
 based on your eloquent retort, i'm quite sure you're every bit as hip as you envision yourself.

have a great holiday weekend! [/b]
Where my mom works, the clients sometimes call her "The White Haired Bitch".  She is proud of this title.

Sir HC

« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2005, 12:39:00 am »
Originally posted by beetsnotbeats:

Originally posted by Sir HC:

Originally posted by beetsnotbeats:

I have a friend who at 18 looked 35.
I know you're 32
 But you look 55

- Go-Betweens "Right Here"

[/b]
Quoting the Go-Betweens.  You rule.  Did you ever catch them at the  club? [/b]
Nah. One of many bands I wish I had seen. [/b]
Did you at least catch the two main guys there at the club about 7-8 years back?  There were few people there, but I think all of Fugazi made it.

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2005, 11:00:00 am »
 OK mr. fuck-wit, fair enough. ^^^but if that ain't defensive, i don't know what is.  
 yes, and after some coffee and deep thinking, i apologized for my forked tongue.

i guess you don't like having your hipness questioned/insulted? that in itself is pretty funny.

for the record:
 my friends call me hagatha
 and the zitface kids across the street called me an ass last week...

so FucktardCage, your nasty little temper tantrum has not blurred your thinking. you are spot on in your choice of name calling.  
 based on your eloquent retort, i'm quite sure you're every bit as hip as you envision yourself.

have a great holiday weekend!
AHAHAHAHA! I'm a hipster? What's funny is the amount of name-calling you're doing. Apparently I must have hit a nerve somewhere, yet you go on to tell me I was dead on with calling you a hag. I guess the coffee got to you again...

The only thing I will say again is "I don't think anyone is getting defensive as much as clearly pointing out what an ass you are" I don't work for the club, I'm far from indie, and you make me laugh  :)

You have a good weekend too. I'll be with all my hipster friends down at Nation tonight DJing all those indie tunes for sure!

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3

beetsnotbeats

« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2005, 04:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sir HC:
  Did you at least catch the two main guys there at the club about 7-8 years back?  There were few people there, but I think all of Fugazi made it.
Nope, no GBs in any combo.

I've rarely seen well-known musicians at other concerts. I saw The Waterboys in '85 at The Bayou; Tommy Keene and Ted Nicely were there. The Saints show in '87 brought out a bunch. Three guys stuck around to get Chris Bailey's autograph: me, Kim Kane and Jeff Nelson. And I ran into Robyn Hitchcock sometime in the early 90's at the annual Xmas party for radio and record company/store peoples. He had been dragged there by some HFS chumps who are now screwing up WRNR.

And of course Ian working at Y&T....

As for meeting musicians after shows, at release parties, etc., my list is pretty long. I'll spare you the details....