Author Topic: the vines  (Read 12839 times)

Relaxer

Re: the vines
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2003, 11:08:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joymonster:<BR><B> Well, thats the thing about the Music, they sound just like countless other Madchester bands that I used to listen to circa 1989-91. When I first the "You Might As Well Try And Fuck Me" EP, I thought it was a new Ian Brown CD, or at best another Rush album. The Verve is not like the Music, but rather The Music are like The Verve. Similar song structures with a heavy 60's era psychedelic slant. Nothing wrong with that, but that's what I hear. <P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>You hear the You Might As Well... song and think of Ian Brown? That's interesting. I see those voices at the opposite ends of the spectrum -- the flat-but-somehow-charismatic monotone versus the whoopish yowls of a chin bereft of cleft.<P>But that's just me. I actually think they sound like Deep Purple.<BR>
oword

Joymonster

• MySpace
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2003, 11:21:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Relaxer:<BR><B> <BR>You hear the You Might As Well... song and think of Ian Brown? That's interesting. I see those voices at the opposite ends of the spectrum -- the flat-but-somehow-charismatic monotone versus the whoopish yowls of a chin bereft of cleft.<P>But that's just me. I actually think they sound like Deep Purple.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Not the voices, the music itself. The lead singer from The Music sounds like Geddy Lee of Rush.<P>

Arthwys

« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2003, 04:20:00 pm »
The Music are enjoyable because they are combining stuff from the great bands of the past, not becuase they sound just like any of them.  The heavy riffs of Zeppelin, and the dance rock posturings of the Stone Roses are the most obvious influences.  and yeah, the lead singer does have a bit of a high pitched Geddy Lee thing goin' on, now that you mention it.
Emrys

phishphart5

« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2003, 05:39:00 pm »
I really like the vines, but i believe all the people that say they suck live. i'm going to go see them anyway... and i am really excited. The only reason the music is touring with the vines is because they both record with Capitol. That's also why they toured for a little with Cold play.