Author Topic: the vines  (Read 12834 times)

bungle bud

the vines
« on: February 19, 2003, 01:30:00 pm »
april 15th@930 club

paige

Re: the vines
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2003, 01:43:00 pm »
bah. i wont be there

Dandy01

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2003, 03:20:00 pm »
With The Music opening.  I may go.

Sweetjoy

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2003, 04:14:00 pm »
Honestly, I'm going soley to see The Music. I'm outta there before the Vines even set foot on stage!<P>

sonickteam2

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2003, 04:39:00 pm »
THE Music is freaking awesome!!!!<P>i will be there and we can have a discussion group during the Vines , to discuss why the Vines shouldve played first.<P>damn aussies! (jk)

Henry Dark

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2003, 04:41:00 pm »
Who the hell are the Music? Did I miss an issue of NME?

Joymonster

• MySpace
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2003, 04:46:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Henry Dark:<BR><B>Who the hell are the Music? Did I miss an issue of NME?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You probably did. They're alright... nothing that hasn't been done before.<BR> <A HREF="http://www.themusic.uk.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.themusic.uk.com[/url] <P>

sonickteam2

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2003, 05:04:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joymonster:<BR><B> You probably did. They're alright... nothing that hasn't been done before.<BR> <A HREF="http://www.themusic.uk.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.themusic.uk.com[/url] <P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>ok really.  I have listened to the Music's CD like a LOT of times, and I have to ask the burning question...WHO did this before??????  a lot of people are saying that these guys are rip off's of this and that.  And this CD seems so genuine to me, that i just have to know who did this before. <BR>  Now, before i get flamed and jerked around like i was 18, i just want to say that I do own over 1000 CDs and i have been going to shows collecting music for 12 years, so its not like i came right off the Blink 187 bus. <BR>   <BR>  I know they are like the Stone Roses, but SR never got that hard and fast.  They are like old Jane's Addiction, but they never got that techy (see Getaway).  <BR>  <BR>   The fact is, i havent heard everything thats come out, and if there is something that is instrumental like this, with a voice like this guys, and the ability to rock out hard like shit, but die off and hum like certain songs on the disc...I WANT IT!!!<P>

vansmack

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2003, 05:07:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sonickteam2:<BR><B> ok really.  I have listened to the Music's CD like a LOT of times, and I have to ask the burning question...WHO did this before??????  a lot of people are saying that these guys are rip off's of this and that.  And this CD seems so genuine to me, that i just have to know who did this before. <BR>  Now, before i get flamed and jerked around like i was 18, i just want to say that I do own over 1000 CDs and i have been going to shows collecting music for 12 years, so its not like i came right off the Blink 187 bus. <BR>   <BR>  I know they are like the Stone Roses, but SR never got that hard and fast.  They are like old Jane's Addiction, but they never got that techy (see Getaway).  <BR>  <BR>   The fact is, i havent heard everything thats come out, and if there is something that is instrumental like this, with a voice like this guys, and the ability to rock out hard like shit, but die off and hum like certain songs on the disc...I WANT IT!!!<P>    </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I agree with you, and I think a lot of board members will too, but you will find that after listening to the CD, many board members were quite disappointed by the live show.  At least that's the impression that I got after reading the reviews.  <P>The CD is a great mix of a lot of things I like about music, but the live show left alot to be desired after enjoying the CD so much.
27>34

sonickteam2

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2003, 05:10:00 pm »
thats amazing!!!<P> i have been hearing such the opposite.  i have heard the CD smacked around and people saying to just scrap the CD and buy a ticket to see em live.<P>strange...........

wingelbert humptyback

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2003, 05:19:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>The CD is a great mix of a lot of things I like about music, but the live show left alot to be desired after enjoying the CD so much.[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I actually thought the live show was a good bit more enjoyable than the cd. After buying the first EPs and waiting patiently through all the hype for the album to see release, I was a little let down by the lack of variety in the songwriting and compositions. But live, the band's energy and the collective vibe off the audience's response to it did a lot to compensate for the lack of variety.

ggw

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2003, 06:01:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wingelbert humptyback:<BR><B> I actually thought the live show was a good bit more enjoyable than the cd. After buying the first EPs and waiting patiently through all the hype for the album to see release, I was a little let down by the lack of variety in the songwriting and compositions. But live, the band's energy and the collective vibe off the audience's response to it did a lot to compensate for the lack of variety. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Are you talking about The Music or The Vines?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2003, 06:09:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sonickteam2:<BR><B> ok really.  I have listened to the Music's CD like a LOT of times, and I have to ask the burning question...WHO did this before??????   </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>the band i've seen them most often compared to is Led Zeppelin, or rather fans of Led Zeppelin would enjoy this group.<P>
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2003, 06:10:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vansmack:<BR><B> I agree with you, and I think a lot of board members will too, but you will find that after listening to the CD, many board members were quite disappointed by the live show.  At least that's the impression that I got after reading the reviews.  <P>The CD is a great mix of a lot of things I like about music, but the live show left alot to be desired after enjoying the CD so much.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>echo... are you talking about the music or the vines?<P>
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2003, 06:28:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kosmo:<BR><B> echo... are you talking about the music or the vines?<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>LOL - The Vines.  Now it all makes sense.  I knew this board hated the Vines show.
27>34