Author Topic: the vines  (Read 12835 times)

sonickteam2

Re: the vines
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2003, 12:09:00 am »
52<P><BR>was that fun?<P>and of course i am not THAT old

markie

« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2003, 12:11:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sonickteam2:<BR><B><P>was that fun?<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Why, yes it was. I am still having trouble typing for laughing, sorry.<P>So.... I am guessing you are a year younger than my wife?

sonickteam2

« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2003, 12:14:00 am »
you have a WIFE?? oh wow<P> doesnt she get bored being married to a dork who sits around and reads NME and other random magazines and then complains about how todays music is crap and all sounds the same. <BR>

Joymonster

• MySpace
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2003, 12:16:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B> you forgot a contribution by primal scream. <P>But mostly lots and lots of stone roses.<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I thought about them but didn't put them down since I've already listed The Charlatans. <P>

markie

« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2003, 12:18:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sonickteam2:<BR><B>you have a WIFE?? oh wow<P> doesnt she get bored being married <BR>  </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>almost monthly.<P><BR>I think the key to it is to find a partner with similar interests. Either that or keep her in basement and throw her bits of raw meat on Thursdays. Maybe once in a while lower her dog down to her in a bucket.

markie

« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2003, 12:20:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joymonster:<BR><B> I thought about them but didn't put them down since I've already listed The Charlatans. <P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>eh? the charlatans are not like primal scream. The charlatans were originally stone roses wannabees too. I am not sure how to describe them now with the americanised falsetto, annoying would probably suffice.<BR>

Joymonster

• MySpace
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2003, 12:29:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sonickteam2:<BR><B> OK!!! Since i started the post, i will clarify, since i have been at work. <BR>  I was NOT talking about the Vines!!!!<BR> THE MUSIC!! not the damn Vines.  I dont give two shits about the Vines.<P>  But lots of people say the Music is like this and the Music is like that. But i got a copy of thier Self-Titled "The Music" CD tonight (it comes out Tue officially) and i LOVE it!!! <BR>  i just wanted to know what other bands were so much like them.  <BR>  All i have gotten were old bands. so i guess Led Zeppelin wont be releasing any new music and no one has really thought of too much other current music like The Music. (no, the Verve is NOT like the music!!!) I will be happy that there is a good band out with some energy and some (believe it or not) originality (at least compared to new music today!)<P>  and i dont read NME either and i dont listen to hype...........or unhype!</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well, thats the thing about the Music, they sound just like countless other Madchester bands that I used to listen to circa 1989-91. When I first the "You Might As Well Try And Fuck Me" EP, I thought it was a new Ian Brown CD, or at best another Rush album. The Verve is not like the Music, but rather The Music are like The Verve. Similar song structures with a heavy 60's era psychedelic slant. Nothing wrong with that, but that's what I hear. <P>

ggw

« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2003, 12:31:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B> I think the key to it is to find a partner with similar interests. Either that or keep her in basement and throw her bits of raw meat on Thursdays. Maybe once in a while lower her dog down to her in a bucket.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I second that emotion......

poorlulu

« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2003, 12:35:00 am »
oh ggw.......<P>you know the tracks of my tears.......

Joymonster

• MySpace
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2003, 12:39:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B> eh? the charlatans are not like primal scream. The charlatans were originally stone roses wannabees too. I am not sure how to describe them now with the americanised falsetto, annoying would probably suffice.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Erm...I hear similarities in their early stuff. More of a Rolling Stones and Happy Mondays influence with both bands, actually, but yeah The Charlatans were influenced by the Stone Roses directly.  Primal Scream experimented more with their sound with house and rave.

ggw

« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2003, 12:40:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by poorlulu:<BR><B>oh ggw.......<P>you know the tracks of my tears.......</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yes....<P>They're tears of a clown..........

poorlulu

« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2003, 12:42:00 am »
Ooo baby baby nothing compares to being with you.

markie

« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2003, 12:45:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joymonster:<BR><B> Erm...I hear similarities in their early stuff. More of a Rolling Stones and Happy Mondays influence with both bands, actually, but yeah The Charlatans were influenced by the Stone Roses directly.  Primal Scream experimented more with their sound with house and rave. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Primal Scream were just a rolling stone wannabee band until screamadalica. Didnt the producer of that album get a lot of credit for its sound. To me that was their one moment.<P>

Mobius

« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2003, 10:54:00 am »
The Vines sucked the proverbial balls last time they graced the 9:30 stage.  I wouldn't trust any band that tours with them.  If its early in the tour maybe the poisonous effects won't have sunk in yet, but no matter how good the Music is, I'd have to imagine touring with the Vines will bring them down.

Relaxer

« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2003, 11:06:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joymonster:<BR><B> Well, thats the thing about the Music, they sound just like countless other Madchester bands that I used to listen to circa 1989-91. When I first the "You Might As Well Try And Fuck Me" EP, I thought it was a new Ian Brown CD, or at best another Rush album. The Verve is not like the Music, but rather The Music are like The Verve. Similar song structures with a heavy 60's era psychedelic slant. Nothing wrong with that, but that's what I hear. <P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>
oword