Author Topic: what a shock!  (Read 7251 times)

Guiny

Re: what a shock!
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2007, 04:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  I should clarify, I live in Springfield, but I live closer to both of the two Springfield stops (Rolling and Backlick Roads) on the Manassas line, as opposed to the Fredericksburg line Springfield stop (which is adjacent to the Metro stop).

Yes, I did take VRE some when we first moved to the burbs, and liked it a lot more. It's pricier though if you can't commit to a monthly pass. I'll probably still take Metro in months where I take vacation time.

[/QB][/QUOTE]

Ok, I gotcha.  We have the Franconia stop on our route.  I do the monthly passes also, I spent the first few months doing the ten stop passes because it was just easier paying the 76 bucks as opposed to the larger monthly fee.  But that was just ridiculous because its about a sixty dollar savings doing it monthly.  It just hurts alot more shelling out that dough at one time.  But, even though its an hour and fifteen minute train ride, I wouldn't trade it having to live in the shoebox houses and out of your butt taxes that you get living close to the city.  I love it out there.