Author Topic: System of a Down?  (Read 23052 times)

hitmeintheface

System of a Down?
« on: May 12, 2005, 11:41:00 am »
So how many others out there are disappointed of the show last night, I know I am.  I seriously can not name one show I've been to where the band has not socialized with the crowd.  I've been down with them since they were on their first ozzfest back in 1998 and then I seen them once again in 02 at ozzfest.  It's safe to say I definitely will not be supporting them by buying their next album.  I once heard that system of a down don't like their american fans, I think last night's performance made it to be true.  Now don't get me wrong their awesome musicians.  Well, even though the guitarist has no stage presence what so ever.  I mean, c'mon the guy doesn't move at all.  You want to see a concert where a band gives it all they got, you see Sevendust or you see Ill Nino or Slipknot.  30 dollars wasted to see a one hour show.  As far as I'm concerned if you live in this country and still talk so much crap of the United States, go back, go back to where you came from, peace.

HoyaSaxa03

Re: System of a Down?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 11:49:00 am »
wow, what a surprise, a jingoistic bad-grammarian who likes slipknot and sevendust
(o|o)

bearman🐻

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 11:56:00 am »
I know they are of Armenian heritage, but AREN'T THEY AMERICAN?? The beauty of being an American is free speech. I'll take advantage of my right to it by saying that you're an idiot.

millard

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2005, 11:59:00 am »
Mabye that's the whole point behind a "guerilla" tour: get in, play your songs, and get out. I saw the set list as a patron was leaving and you guys got plenty of songs for a one hour show. They're doing a stadium tour with Mars Volta right? I bet you they'll put on the show you're used to seeing.
 And dude, you're willing to drop a band you've followed since 98 because they would talk to you between songs? And just how does that prove they don't like americans? I bet you the folks that lined up outside the club at 2pm on Tuesday didn't think so.

sonickteam2

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 12:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:
  wow, what a surprise, a jingoistic bad-grammarian who likes slipknot and sevendust
you should change your username to "the stereotyper"

hitmeintheface

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2005, 12:02:00 pm »
I bet you the folks that lined up outside the club at 2pm on Tuesday didn't think so?  
 C'mon man, that just shows how big of a slave a person can possibly be.  I won't bow down like that, fuck that.

sonickteam2

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2005, 12:04:00 pm »
my favourite band hates Americans and America.

at least thier singer does.

and i dont mind!

of course, they arent American and neither am i.

nevermind.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2005, 12:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam3:

you should change your username to "the stereotyper" [/b]
stereotyping this idiot would be to assume that he liked slipknot/sevendust because of his noxious jingoism, or to assume that because of his jingoism he liked slipknot/sevendust.

i did neither.
(o|o)

andyrichter

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2005, 12:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by hitmeintheface:
  So how many others out there are disappointed of the show last night, I know I am.  I seriously can not name one show I've been to where the band has not socialized with the crowd.  I've been down with them since they were on their first ozzfest back in 1998 and then I seen them once again in 02 at ozzfest.  It's safe to say I definitely will not be supporting them by buying their next album.  I once heard that system of a down don't like their american fans, I think last night's performance made it to be true.  Now don't get me wrong their awesome musicians.  Well, even though the guitarist has no stage presence what so ever.  I mean, c'mon the guy doesn't move at all.  You want to see a concert where a band gives it all they got, you see Sevendust or you see Ill Nino or Slipknot.  30 dollars wasted to see a one hour show.  As far as I'm concerned if you live in this country and still talk so much crap of the United States, go back, go back to where you came from, peace.
I wasn't disappointed AT ALL.  Maybe because this was my 1st time seeing them and I was just too excited to let anything ruin the night for me.  But I did know before the show that the guys were all sick so I was expecting the show to be tempered a bit.  They put on a sick show nontheless and played every song I wanted to hear.  

For a fan since 98, you really sound like you have no clue about the band.  Yea they ONLY played an hour, but on top of them having the flu, most of their songs are really wham bam thank you ma'am 2-3 minute blitzes.  So naturally, playing 20 songs, which is more than enough for a full setlist, would fit an hour.  

And you also sound like one of those nu metal douchebags who listen to SOAD because they're "like really heavy dude!" but never paid attention to their lyrcis, something that would actually require a couple IQ points to comprehend.  I don't feel the need to defend the band as "anti-American" because even if I did, I wouldn't expect you to understand.  Seriously, I'm thrilled you're done with the band.  One less bandwagon "fan" to deal with at their next show.  The Slipknot concert awaits you and your mosh pit loving metalheads.

hitmeintheface

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2005, 12:26:00 pm »
Choke on the next dick you suck!

andyrichter

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2005, 12:29:00 pm »
  Choke on the next dick you suck!
ANDY RICHTER.....PWNED!!1!!

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2005, 12:29:00 pm »
  I bet you the folks that lined up outside the club at 2pm on Tuesday didn't think so?  
 C'mon man, that just shows how big of a slave a person can possibly be.  I won't bow down like that, fuck that.
I'm sure they will miss you at their next area appearance.

sonickteam2

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2005, 12:43:00 pm »

Originally posted by sonickteam3:

you should change your username to "the stereotyper" [/b]
stereotyping this idiot would be to assume that he liked slipknot/sevendust because of his noxious jingoism, or to assume that because of his jingoism he liked slipknot/sevendust.

i did neither. [/b]
but you were not surprised that both jingoism and slipknot/sevendust liking went hand in hand.
   its the same thing.

frezzdoggy

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2005, 12:50:00 pm »
Somebody definitely has to indeed "hit-him-in-the-face..."  I agree with everyone on this board (except for you know who...)  System was incredible.  Daron had the flu (which explains his lack of usual intense animation!) and he still managed to play his magnificent bone crushing riffs on point as usual.  On behalf of Serj, John, Shavo, Daron, the 9:30 club, D.C. in General, and Baltimore (cause that's where I'm reppin')... I can't wait to the next system show that this absolute tool box does not attend!!

sonickteam2

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2005, 12:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by frezzdoggy:
   I agree with everyone on this board  
now thats impossible!