Author Topic: damn interpol  (Read 63481 times)

fasteddie

Re: damn interpol
« Reply #240 on: February 04, 2005, 04:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by chimbly sweep:

BUT

all you nasty little "junior members" with your two posts complaining about not getting tickets at PRESALE that you somehow feel entitled to?  
WOW! Sorry for using the forum. I was excited to be in on the presale and pretty frustrated by it, so i thought i would vent, but now that i understand that the caste system does not encourage new members, such as those moving from out of town- i will stay in the shadows. Very cool! I feel so welcome!

twelsh737

« Reply #241 on: February 04, 2005, 04:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by chimbly sweep:
 Tickets will be available only to women who participate in a wet t-shirt contest, and will be distributed in the order of best to worst performance.  Men seeking tickets must beg the women for them, or can get one of a limited number of tickets for beating markie at either a game of pool or a two-player pac man game. [/QB]
Your such a prick-waver!
 Actually if you are you have a lot of 'splanin to do.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #242 on: February 04, 2005, 06:08:00 pm »
Oh, nobody has a problem with new people on the board.  But when presales come along 2 things happen.

1) New people sign up on the board and start yelling "GIMME THE PASSWORD I'M THE WORLDS BIGGEST FAN AND I NEED TICKETS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!".

2) Not everyone gets tickets, and it's usually those same new people who start complaining that the presale sucked, there weren't enough tickets, 9:30 sucks, the board sucks, real fans like me deserve better, it's not fair, blah blah blah.  Pretty lame reactions, considering 90% of the tickets haven't even gone on sale yet.

The regulars here see this every week and it's usually either very amusing or very tiresome.  It depends on our mood.  Today it was quite amusing.     :)

vansmack

« Reply #243 on: February 04, 2005, 06:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by helicon1:
  So all the indie kids and abercrombie kids like this band now. So what.... Isn't success what every band strives for? Shouldn't the band enjoy the fruits of their labor?
I make no positive or negative statements one way or another.  Somebody asked why there was all the fuss and it is in fact because Interpol have a larger following then last time.  And I don't think that's a bad thing.

But that is why it's much more difficult to get tickets this time around.  That's all I was saying.  Don't read into it.
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #244 on: February 04, 2005, 06:59:00 pm »
Nice summary and to repeat my earlier post, newbies are more than welcome here.  New blood keeps the forum lively.  It used to be that regulars could pick apart people who dropped cups from the balcony or got caught under aged drinking, now all we got is the fallout over presales.  Consider the hazing  over and maybe someday you'll be taking potshots at newbies complaining about presales and passwords too.
T.Rex

Bags

« Reply #245 on: February 04, 2005, 07:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by fasteddie:
  WOW! Sorry for using the forum. I was excited to be in on the presale and pretty frustrated by it, so i thought i would vent, but now that i understand that the caste system does not encourage new members, such as those moving from out of town- i will stay in the shadows. Very cool! I feel so welcome!
No, no -- not the point, to me at least.  My issue is for new folks coming on trying to get the 9:30 club password -- I won't give a junior member the password, but we all come to the forum for some reason -- usually a particular show we want to find out about.  Stick around, talk about music, how bad ticketmaster is, whether genre names really mean anything...and we'll all be sharing passwords someday soon!

vansmack

« Reply #246 on: February 04, 2005, 07:08:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:
    My issue is for new folks coming on trying to get the 9:30 club password  
xISN'Tx xTHATx xWHATx xBROUGHTx xYOUx xHEREx?
27>34

Bags

« Reply #247 on: February 04, 2005, 07:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

My issue is for new folks coming on trying to get the 9:30 club password  
xISN'Tx xTHATx xWHATx xBROUGHTx xYOUx xHEREx? [/b]
xANDx xIx xDIDNTx xGETx xTHEx xPASSWORDx xFORx xTHATx xSHOWx -- ALAS -- xBUTx xAREN'Tx xYOUx xGLADx xIx xSTUCKx xAROUND?x

:D

vansmack

« Reply #248 on: February 04, 2005, 07:15:00 pm »
I am glad Bags.  

But I can't keep typing like that to make the newbies feel at home.  It gives me a headache.
27>34

kathode

« Reply #249 on: February 04, 2005, 10:43:00 pm »
Meh, it wasn't really people yelling about the password and stuff like that, it was just that the presale was flat-out broken, down to the email that the 9:30 club itself sent out.  I've been in several presales and regular online sales for 9:30 Club shows (including the last time interpol came to town in November) and never had it go as poorly.  I think it's worth bitching about, but if you don't, that's cool too.  We can agree to disagree   :)

Random Citizen

« Reply #250 on: February 04, 2005, 10:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by tbmtt:
 Your such a prick-waver!

Rock out with your cock out.   :p

spoonman

« Reply #251 on: February 05, 2005, 11:05:00 am »

Bags

« Reply #252 on: February 05, 2005, 11:08:00 am »
And it's incredibly easy to get tickets...I did it with a dial up.  You see, these presales wind everybody up....oy.

cool_beanies

« Reply #253 on: February 05, 2005, 11:12:00 am »
YES!  VICTORY IS MINE!

(I finally got my two tix!  I'm a happy camper now!)
   :)

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #254 on: February 05, 2005, 11:42:00 am »
  And it's incredibly easy to get tickets...I did it with a dial up.  You see, these presales wind everybody up....oy.
I was about to post the same thing.  A lot of hoopla about nothing.