Author Topic: damn interpol  (Read 63482 times)

elgreg

Re: damn interpol
« Reply #255 on: February 05, 2005, 11:44:00 am »
Thanks, Spoonman,for the heads up. Plenty of tickets on there and I was so wound up yesterday! Wound up like a wind-up toy... an wind-up toy that is pretty psyched to see Interpol.
 I wonder if part of the reason that everyone was so into the presale/Interpol in general is that they had a song from antics on as background music in three scenes in the OC two weeks ago. And yeah, I watch that show and so do you, so don't let's make fun eachother.

notyou

« Reply #256 on: February 05, 2005, 01:02:00 pm »
indie kids, oc fans, and other assorted malcontents, there are still plenty of tickets available for both nights so tell all of your darling friends

frostytheswami

« Reply #257 on: February 05, 2005, 01:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by kathode:
  Meh, it wasn't really people yelling about the password and stuff like that, it was just that the presale was flat-out broken, down to the email that the 9:30 club itself sent out.  I've been in several presales and regular online sales for 9:30 Club shows (including the last time interpol came to town in November) and never had it go as poorly.  I think it's worth bitching about, but if you don't, that's cool too.  We can agree to disagree    :)  
I agree with this completely. It wasn't so much the competition, which I'm fine with -- if I get tickets, great, if not I can usually get tickets I want through other channels. But the presale was just a mess; it actually seemed like someone was filling in the information on the shows as the presale started. I have this picture of someone rolling out of bed late, getting on their computer at home, and filling out the presale info in their pajamas.

I love the 9:30 Club; it's a great venue and from what I can see, very well managed.The state of the presale was just a bit of an unpleasant surprise.

fuzzy510

« Reply #258 on: February 05, 2005, 06:09:00 pm »
Got my tickets this morning, needless to say I'm happy.

debonairdc

« Reply #259 on: February 05, 2005, 08:25:00 pm »
Can I buy Interpol tickets tonight at the boxoffice at the 9:30 Club?

vansmack

« Reply #260 on: February 06, 2005, 01:05:00 am »
Originally posted by notyou:
  indie kids, oc fans, and other assorted malcontents, there are still plenty of tickets available for both nights so tell all of your darling friends
Seth, I can feel lots of apologies coming your way.  Hah!  That would be the day.
27>34

homesickalien0

« Reply #261 on: February 06, 2005, 12:19:00 pm »
What was the point of getting presale? Am I entitled to anything that regular sale buyers don't get?
 I mean I'm happy I'm going either way, but I'm just curious.

friarfunk

« Reply #262 on: February 06, 2005, 12:34:00 pm »
You got to sleep in extra-late on Saturday morning, I think.

homesickalien0

« Reply #263 on: February 07, 2005, 01:08:00 am »
Originally posted by friarfunk:
  You got to sleep in extra-late on Saturday morning, I think.
it was worth it   :)

vansmack

« Reply #264 on: February 07, 2005, 06:11:00 pm »
Originally posted by homesickalien0:
  What was the point of getting presale? Am I entitled to anything that regular sale buyers don't get?
After reading most of these posts on pre-sale day, apparently the main thing that pre-sales have brought to the fans is a sense of entitlement.
27>34

homesickalien0

« Reply #265 on: February 08, 2005, 11:15:00 pm »
Okay here's the situation:

I was going to stay with my friend at college in Loyola Maryland for the weekend and take a train down to DC for the show, then back to Loyola afterwards.  But we just realized that he has Easter Break on that weekend (scheduling error).  So now we don't have anywhere to stay that night.

So, I'm asking if anyone here has any suggestions about what to do.  We don't want to spend a fortune for a hotel for one night, but we could drive down from NYC (where we live) that day and spend the night in DC after the show - does anyone have any other suggestions or know of any cheap secure hotels in the area?

Thanks everyone for your help .. if you want to IM me my AIM screenname is hybridview01.  Hopefully we can figure something out .. I NEED to see Interpol!

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #266 on: February 08, 2005, 11:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by homesickalien0:
  Okay here's the situation:

I was going to stay with my friend at college in Loyola Maryland for the weekend and take a train down to DC for the show, then back to Loyola afterwards.  But we just realized that he has Easter Break on that weekend (scheduling error).  So now we don't have anywhere to stay that night.

So, I'm asking if anyone here has any suggestions about what to do.  We don't want to spend a fortune for a hotel for one night, but we could drive down from NYC (where we live) that day and spend the night in DC after the show - does anyone have any other suggestions or know of any cheap secure hotels in the area?

Thanks everyone for your help .. if you want to IM me my AIM screenname is hybridview01.  Hopefully we can figure something out .. I NEED to see Interpol!
There's a hostel in DC that's like $20 a night.

www.hiusa.org

npetting

« Reply #267 on: February 08, 2005, 11:33:00 pm »
Why has this topic continued to go on for this long?   I say go for the gold, break the "Just Announced" thread count.

distance

« Reply #268 on: February 09, 2005, 02:05:00 am »
Originally posted by streetspirit:
  Why has this topic continued to go on for this long?   I say go for the gold, break the "Just Announced" thread count.
i was very surprised that a thread i started got this big.

jkeisenh

« Reply #269 on: February 09, 2005, 11:00:00 am »
perhaps if/when tickets sell out it will be revived for another 8 pages worth of complaints about the ticketing system.