Author Topic: Muse Roll Call  (Read 23554 times)

aniym

Re: Muse Roll Call
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2004, 04:59:00 pm »
thanks for the info darth.
 yup, im taking the red line back, so i guess i'll have to miss the last song, which im ok with if it's stockholm syndrome, which i didnt really dig. If they finish it off with Hysteria or blackout or plugin baby, ill bereally pissed though.

Bags

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2004, 05:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by redsock:

Originally posted by Relaxer:
  I'm another one that...

...has been posting on this board long enough to know that this is not the place for ticket requests.
I've actually found the 930 regulars to be qquite accomodating for other boardies if they have extras. Which is why i come here first. [/b]
You're right.  When I have extras, I look in the band threads first to see if there are board regulars who need tickets.  If not, then I head to the Tx requests...

Dandy01

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2004, 05:40:00 pm »
Keep me in mind, I'm still in dire need!   :(

Bags

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2004, 05:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by aniym:
 If they finish it off with Hysteria or blackout or plugin baby, ill bereally pissed though.
In that case, we won't tell you if they do finish up with either of those...    ;)  

I'm going.  It's been 16 days since I've been to a show anywhere....pretty astounding!!  So, of course, there are 5 next week (if you include WSC on Friday...)

joz

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2004, 02:43:00 pm »
i can't believe how many people are desperate for tix to this show...is hfs playing the shit out of this band now?  if so, ugggggh! now we'll be surrounded by meathead hfs listeners that are lucky to go to one non-hfs sponsored concert in their lifetime (with the exception maybe of ridiculous woodstock rip-offs). i can't wait for this show though.  just hoping the audience isn't filled with assholes.

Random Citizen

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2004, 03:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by joz:
  just hoping the audience isn't filled with assholes.
Get over yourself, hon. Be happy for the band. Besides, who cares how those attending the show got into the band? Muse sold out a venue, which means they're likely to return to DC in the future.

'Tis better to be a music evangelist.

sonickteam2

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2004, 03:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:

Originally posted by aniym:
 If they finish it off with Hysteria or blackout or plugin baby, ill bereally pissed though.
In that case, we won't tell you if they do finish up with either of those...     ;)  

I'm going.  It's been 16 days since I've been to a show anywhere....pretty astounding!!  So, of course, there are 5 next week (if you include WSC on Friday...) [/b]
they've been consistenly ending with Stockholm Syndrome for the last 8 months or so, and i see no reason why they would stop, seeing as how much that songs rocks!

also, expect this set to be Absolution loaded. if they play 15 songs, i expect half to be from their new disc.

sonickteam2

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2004, 03:44:00 pm »
  i can't believe how many people are desperate for tix to this show...is hfs playing the shit out of this band now?  if so, ugggggh! now we'll be surrounded by meathead hfs listeners that are lucky to go to one non-hfs sponsored concert in their lifetime (with the exception maybe of ridiculous woodstock rip-offs). i can't wait for this show though.  just hoping the audience isn't filled with assholes.
joz my boy.   please remember that Muse is a HUGE band in Europe. And to my best knowledge they have never even played a show in DC. Though i heard they were a opener for RHCP in 2000, i have lived in MD for most of the time Muse was a band, and have been a fan from the release of Showbiz....and i didnt catch them live until Coachella this year.  

other than Curiosa and possibly seeing them open for RHCP...this band hasnt ever been in DC.

a huge band like this, finally playing DC...wow.

most people in America...even thier biggest longest fans...have probably never seen them.

this show is going to be total rocking energy.
  so dont stand near me, cause i am gonna jumping and dancing like crazy. (ask rob or redsock!)

joz

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2004, 04:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:

joz my boy. [/b]
i'm actually a girl, sonick (i thought i told you that a while ago...nevermind tho)  anyway, all i meant by my comment is that there are a lot of "fans" who strangely sat on their ass for a few weeks after tickets went on sale  and eventually sold out under them.  now they are trolling the message board begging for tickets.  geez...anyone who is a big fan of muse should have known: (1) this not-very-often-seen-live-in-the-US band is coming to the 9:30 club (i knew well in advance of tix actually going on sale) and (2) the 9:30 is small and tends to sell out for popular shows (see interpol and DCFC).

please remember that Muse is a HUGE band in Europe. And to my best knowledge they have never even played a show in DC. Though i heard they were a opener for RHCP in 2000, i have lived in MD for most of the time Muse was a band, and have been a fan from the release of Showbiz....and i didnt catch them live until Coachella this year. [/b]
i am well aware that they're really big in Europe.  in fact, i also saw them at coachella and heard of a few people who actually flew all the way from tokyo to see them in cali....that's devotion to a band.

other than Curiosa and possibly seeing them open for RHCP...this band hasnt ever been in DC.

a huge band like this, finally playing DC...wow.[/b]
yes, and i'm very excited that they're finally playing also...i saw them at curiosa and, in general, the crowd was very cool. my friend (k8teebug) on this forum was at both coachella and curiosa with me and she did have a run-in with a couple of frat boys at the curiosa show...not sure how they made it to the muse stage but whatever.  i'm always hesitant about hfs-sponsored shows though. i didn't mind listening to hfs back in the late 80s/early 90s and i actually ended up going to one hfs-sponsored show (snowjob at ski liberty in pa) but only because i was there to interview the bosstones and bloodhound gang for my college radio station.  i'm happy muse is finally getting airplay but hfs (the true alternative...yeah, right) and a lot of its listeners annoy me.

most people in America...even thier biggest longest fans...have probably never seen them.

this show is going to be total rocking energy.
  so dont stand near me, cause i am gonna jumping and dancing like crazy. (ask rob or redsock!) [/b]
i'm happy to share the floor with other big muse fans, especially those who will be seeing them for the first time...and don't worry about the jumping/dancing as I will be doing the same...while trying to keep my heart from exploding. (does anyone else feel that way when you hear matt sing live? just wondering.)

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2004, 05:01:00 pm »
Did I ever tell you about this guy I went to college named John Muse?

He used to go around campus all punk rock with a mohawk and black clothes, spouting lines from the Rocky Horror Picture Show as if he had made them up. He would grow his mohawk in at the end of each semester when it was time to go home to his ricg parents in the Hamptons.

Meanwhile, he had the nerve to call me a "poseur" because I'd wear combat boots one day and penny loafers the next.

Last I heard of him, he had dropped out of college, was running a landscaping business in the Hamptons, and was picked by the local paper as a "blue collar hunk". But then he got fat and lost his hair.

Dandy01

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2004, 05:02:00 pm »
well, you can pat yourself on the back then Joz as I'm sure you're referring to one of my comments about not having tickets.  And by the way, I do not fall into your ASSumption that most of the people and fans attending the show are HFS-based   :roll:

sonickteam2

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2004, 05:09:00 pm »

[/b]
to respond to your whole post.  sorry, joz

forgot you were female, i apologize.

i totally understand your points, and i too, hope it will be an enjoyable crowd.  bad crowds can ruin a bad time.

have you thought about going to the Philly show?

its tomorrow and the Electric Factory is sure to be more rowdy and lively than 930.

that goes for anyone w/o tickets to 930, i dont think Philly has sold out yet...and its just $15 (and gas)

see you Monday!!!!!!!!!!!

Guiny

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2004, 05:17:00 pm »
Hey Sonick,

Have a great weekend.

joz

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2004, 05:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by Dandy01:
  well, you can pat yourself on the back then Joz as I'm sure you're referring to one of my comments about not having tickets.  And by the way, I do not fall into your ASSumption that most of the people and fans attending the show are HFS-based    :roll:  
actually, i was specifically thinking of a person posting as "MissMia" on the ticket xchange that was begging for muse tix every couple of days. then, i saw her post "i have an xtra. pm me" to someone looking for muse tickets. now, she's back on there begging for tix again.  what the fuck? is she selling them on ebay?  people are paying $40 a ticket on there...

SalParadise

« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2004, 05:17:00 pm »
i'll be there!

whoo, HFS rules!!

*throws up universal rock handsign*