Author Topic: Rumor: Smashing Pumpkins at 9:30 Club July 10th  (Read 171833 times)

bnyced0

Re: Rumor: Smashing Pumpkins at 9:30 Club July 10th
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2007, 08:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by xneverwherex:

Originally posted by bnyced0:

There might be a marginal effect of people from Philly, NYC, etc. trying get in but for the most part (and hopefully) it'll be locals, and I think there wouldn't be too much griping if the tix were in the $60 range, more at $75, and positive melt down at $90...but it would still sell out in minutes.  

im nearly insulted. plenty of us who post on here arent even locals but did live in the area. hell youre not a local to NC and going down there. Why should you hope for the most part its just locals. So its more 'fair' that they get tickets. How about those locals of NC who couldnt get tix because of all the out of towners. Hate to say - its the pumpkins - and if those of us from nearby cities could get tix - im sure we'd go. Just my $.02. and if they play in NYC - I 'hope' its mostly locals who go!

ill hope you really didnt mean to have your post come across that way. after all, plenty of us do what we can to see bands at certain places     :)     at my luck this will be the same night Maximo is playing in NYC and there will be no way in hell im missing that. [/b]
Wow, there I go starting a shit storm again,  I just made it asheville no thanks to the thunderstorms, a wreck on I85 (where ever the phuck that is), and so serious lostness.

I meant no harm by my locals comment.  What I meant in all honesty were boardies and the like.  I spend 75% of my time going to places other than DC so what kind of phuckiin hypocrit would I'd be if I started some shit like that?  But also no scalpers sitting in their bedroom in Fargo, ND buying up tix on the interet with no interest in going to the show just to exploit those that do.

In any case I have a gig to go to , but when I get back I'll read through all the comments of people who apparently want to kick my ass now    :eek:  

Haven't seen this much hostility since the first time I TRIED to surf Zuma and nearly got my ass kick for snakin a locals' wave.

distance

« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2007, 09:30:00 pm »
tickets for a one-off date in santa cruz around the SF residency:
 http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1C003EDCFEE4D870?artistid=736143&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

$35.

vansmack

« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2007, 02:52:00 pm »
  Haven't seen this much hostility since the first time I TRIED to surf Zuma and nearly got my ass kick for snakin a locals' wave.
Serves you right for being in So Cal and deciding Zuma was the place to surf.
27>34

azaghal1981

« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2007, 11:46:00 pm »
Zeitgeist just popped up on oink. I like thus far.
احمد

BLL1201

« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2007, 10:28:00 am »
after hearing the new album..i really hope this rumor is true.
 It's pretty solid, especially "United States."

I might actually part with some cash on this one......but which version to buy?
 I hate that they have a few different versions with different bonus songs

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2007, 12:58:00 pm »
I'm really surprised that this reunion has caused quite the hysteria it has. Were they even that big first time round? Is it even a reunion or Corgan with all new session players calling themselves the Smashing Pumpkins?

One of my sales guys has taken his weeks vacation to go up to NC to see them.

Not knocking them, just surprised. IMHO the only great song they made was a Fleetwood Mac cover, but that's just me.

bnyced0

« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2007, 02:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Serves you right for being in So Cal and deciding Zuma was the place to surf. [/b]
You bitter old fart    :p      There weren't ANY waves where I lived in Palo Alto so leave me alone, we were all young and silly once...at least some of us were    :roll:

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2007, 01:52:00 am »
So. No?
‼‼?‼‼

redbreegull

« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2007, 03:00:00 am »
Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:
  I'm really surprised that this reunion has caused quite the hysteria it has. Were they even that big first time round? Is it even a reunion or Corgan with all new session players calling themselves the Smashing Pumpkins?

One of my sales guys has taken his weeks vacation to go up to NC to see them.

Not knocking them, just surprised. IMHO the only great song they made was a Fleetwood Mac cover, but that's just me.
They were the biggest rock band in the world at one point. It's Corgan and the drummer, the two members that wrote the music for the most part. The guitarist and bass player are new.

« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2007, 07:17:00 am »
Yeah, right. Get carried away much?

Originally posted by redbreegull:
They were the biggest rock band in the world at one point.

Sage 703

« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2007, 10:42:00 am »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Yeah, right. Get carried away much?

Originally posted by redbreegull:
They were the biggest rock band in the world at one point. [/b]
I think this is absolutely true.  After Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness was released, I think they were the biggest rock band in the world.

Look at some of the accolades (via Wiki):

Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness - Time Magazine's Album of the Year, 1995

Best selling double album of the 1990s; certified 9 times platinum.

Nominated for 7 Grammy Awards: Album of the Year, Record of the Year ("1979"), Best Alternative Music Performance, Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal ("1979"), Best Pop Instrumental Performance ("Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness") and Best Music Video, Short Form ("Tonight, Tonight") at the 1997 Grammy Awards. They also won Best Hard Rock Performance with Vocal for "Bullet with Butterfly Wings".

Along with the success of the album, the band's music videos were widely acclaimed. The '"1979" and "Tonight, Tonight" videos combined to win 7 MTV Video Music Awards at the 1996 ceremony, including the top award, Video of the Year, for "Tonight, Tonight."

MCIS peaked at #1 on Billboard, #4 on the UK Album Charts.

martinrob

« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2007, 11:37:00 am »
quote:

I think you are on crack if you think that is their best song.  And why should it be a surprise if they come bcak and regain their popularity?  
 I really think if you have a no knowledge or respect for a band, why then voice you humble opinion on a message board dedicated to that particualar band.  I am not going on to a bard about Amy Winehouse b/c I am not fond of her.

vansmack

« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2007, 12:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by martinrob:
  I think you are on crack if you think that is their best song.  And why should it be a surprise if they come bcak and regain their popularity?  
 I really think if you have a no knowledge or respect for a band, why then voice you humble opinion on a message board dedicated to that particualar band.  I am not going on to a bard about Amy Winehouse b/c I am not fond of her.
Back off.  Mankie became a senior citizen today.  You can pick on him again tomorrow.

Oh, and he's been on this board long enough to pipe in on any thread.  We just ignore him when it comes to the music portions, save for Morrissey and David Bowie.  He knows his shit there.
27>34

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2007, 02:08:00 pm »

Serves you right for being in So Cal and deciding Zuma was the place to surf. [/b]
You bitter old fart     :D   seriously, you didnt have to go down to LA for the waves!  oh wait and wasnt it in half moon bay (or somewhere near there) where the surfer died? perhaps, it was about the warmer water  :p
HeyLa

bnyced0

« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2007, 02:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by xneverwherex:

You bitter old fart        :D      seriously, you didnt have to go down to LA for the waves!  oh wait and wasnt it in half moon bay (or somewhere near there) where the surfer died? perhaps, it was about the warmer water     :p    [/b]
What now you want a piece of me too?  Are you and Vansmack a tag teaming couple now?  Though it's  besides the point, Marin blows.  Zuma wasn't a spot of choice other than it had kiddie waves for a then newbie like me, my girlfriend went to school a few miles away, and it just so happened to be where I nearly had my first board shoved up my @$$ by an unfriendly local.  The waves never broke 3 feet which was I why I went to the shitty beach as I was just learning having grown up in Washington state where wind surfing was the sport of choice with all the subtle differences similar to what they used to say on Square Pegs "Punk, New Wave...totally different head."