Author Topic: The tickets are worth what they're worth  (Read 16603 times)

thirsty moore

Re: The tickets are worth what they're worth
« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2003, 11:51:00 am »
Artists sell demos all the time.  Two examples that come to mind are Ryan Adams' Demolition album and Sonic Youth's Blow Job (Goo sessions).

markie

« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2003, 11:57:00 am »
is the white stripes elephant a demo?

« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2022, 11:02:13 am »
https://www.lamag.com/culturefiles/an-open-letter-to-paul-mccartney-regarding-ticket-prices/

Conservatively, if I bought the cheapest tickets, I would be looking at $700 to take my parents to your show and sit far enough away that we will not be able to see you.
slack

Starsky

« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2022, 11:14:30 am »
I was just looking into tickets

I have never seen Paul…never really cared but was thinking maybe I should

It looks like $300 for nosebleeds at Camden

I was a bit surprised

Space Freely

« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2022, 11:26:35 am »
https://www.lamag.com/culturefiles/an-open-letter-to-paul-mccartney-regarding-ticket-prices/

Conservatively, if I bought the cheapest tickets, I would be looking at $700 to take my parents to your show and sit far enough away that we will not be able to see you.

Hey Ryan, there's lots of great $20 shows you can take your parents too. Alternatively, spending $720 for a gift for your parents isn't that much if you tell them it's their next five years of gifts rolled into one gift.

Starsky

« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2022, 11:41:45 am »
I mean obviously if the shows all sell out why not maximize revenue?

I just think it’s a bit crass….unbecoming…. I expect it from the Stones but I guess it’s my problem if I have a double standard

It’s probably the highest average ticket price I have seen yet…

It’s hard to do the right thing when you are that popular and rich…what is the right thing?

Just seems exorbitant…at some point yes you can charge whatever you want if the market bears it but it’s obscene

« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 11:43:22 am by Starsky »

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2022, 01:56:27 pm »
Glad I saw him the last few times he was around.  Paid high ticket fees but nothing like these upcoming shows.

I mean obviously if the shows all sell out why not maximize revenue?

I just think it’s a bit crass….unbecoming…. I expect it from the Stones but I guess it’s my problem if I have a double standard

It’s probably the highest average ticket price I have seen yet…

It’s hard to do the right thing when you are that popular and rich…what is the right thing?

Just seems exorbitant…at some point yes you can charge whatever you want if the market bears it but it’s obscene

GAY,GUY

« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2022, 02:03:57 pm »
Public - "Stop charging money for your art."

Artist - "Fuck you."  Raises prices.

« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2022, 04:42:29 pm »
jez this effort to get ahead of the scalpers is really screwing the fans IMO
Seems insane, but obviously there are enough fans out there with deep pockets for this

Bill Burr
Sep 15 Capital One Arena, Washington, DC

nosebleeds start at $75 and $350 if you want to be in the front sections

I don't even like Burr, I was just curious
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2022, 04:45:57 pm »
Seems insane, but obviously there are enough fans out there with deep pockets for this

And fans who don't know any better. I refuse to buy platinum priced tickets on principle.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2022, 03:14:22 pm »
jez this effort to get ahead of the scalpers is really screwing the fans IMO

Bill Burr
Sep 15 Capital One Arena, Washington, DC

nosebleeds start at $75 and $350 if you want to be in the front sections

I don't even like Burr, I was just curious

I like Bill. I am surprised he's playing arenas, good for him.

« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2022, 03:47:09 pm »
I like Bill. I am surprised he's playing arenas, good for him.
yeah, I don't hate the guy by any means, he's pretty funny. I'm just shocked what face value floor tickets go for I'd say a B level comedian
Jez, just saw kevin nealand and Jay Mohr in places smaller than DC9, for less than a nosebleed at Bill's show (yes, barely C level. I'll admit that)
but just pricing to shows in general has really gone kind of insanse just in the last few years ...
but obviously my opinion doesn't line the pockets off the people making money on this
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2022, 06:57:05 pm »
The $350+ ticket is platinum pricing, yes? I always filter out those seats before buying...

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2022, 08:51:17 pm »
Are the IMP venues Ticketmaster box offices as well? "Box office" sounds so 1980, but I'm wondering if I can save the service fees and buy tickets for other Ticketmaster events at other venues at the 9:30 or Anthem box offices.

« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2022, 08:49:25 am »
Are the IMP venues Ticketmaster box offices as well? "Box office" sounds so 1980, but I'm wondering if I can save the service fees and buy tickets for other Ticketmaster events at other venues at the 9:30 or Anthem box offices.
I just bought at tix at the 9:30 box office and they are still doing only the $1 fee!
but don't think that applies to all TM shows, just IMP ones.  Now I don't know if you can buy any TM event, I don't think you can
it is likely the same system, they probably just have a policy that it's only IMP
slack