Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 67745 times)

Bombay Chutney

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2003, 10:10:00 am »
Well, I figured out the Sex Pistols password, but I'm still curious about getting on the actual Volume mailing list.

Thanks.

Skeeter

Bags

« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2003, 10:25:00 am »
Has the Sex Pistols show already gone on sale??!!?  My my, guess I'll be playing this one by ear.

Also, anyone have any clue if the Fountains of Wayne show might get close to a sellout?  I have a friend convinced it will.

markie

« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2003, 10:41:00 am »
I will let everyone know when I get my copy of volume and the new password, OK?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2003, 10:44:00 am »
Originally posted by Andrew WK:
  I will let everyone know when I get my copy of volume and the new password, OK?
mine already came, and kosmette says not to make any plans for the 24th   ;)
T.Rex

TheREALHunter

« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2003, 10:45:00 am »
and I wanna beeeeeeeeee...
 Hunter

TheREALHunter

« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2003, 10:51:00 am »
I use the enemy, I use.......
 Hunter

Barcelona

« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2003, 10:56:00 am »
Originally posted by poorlulu:
  New at blackcat.....

Which one are the kills again? And turbonegro rings a bell too, why?

RI AUG 15- LUNA                                                                    $15 mainstage 9:30

SUN AUG 17-  VIC THRILL                                                                        $?  backstage   8:30

MON AUG 18- NEVA DINOVA, LA PIETA                                                        $5  backstage   9:00

WED AUG 20- MOTHERTONGUE: WOMENS SPOKEN WORD                                             $5  backstage        9:00

THUR AUG 21- JESUS EATER, DIXIE HUSTLER                                                $5  backstage   9:00

SAT AUG 23- LAKE SUPERIOR                                                                 $? mainstage 9:30

MON AUG 25- CLOSED FOR REPAIRS

TUES AUG 26- CLOSED FOR REPAIRS

WED AUG 27- CLOSED FOR REPAIRS

THURS AUG 28- URSULA MAJOR, CRIME & JUDY                                                $5 backstage    9:00

THUR SEPT 4- THE KILLS                                                                        $10 mainstage  8:30

FRI SEPT 5- Q & NOT U                                                                        $?   mainstage  9:30

FRI SEPT 12- TURBONEGRO                                                                        $15 mainstage  9:30
It looks like the Blackcat is getting sort of repetitive.

markie

« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2003, 10:57:00 am »
why? or rather how?

Barcelona

« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2003, 11:01:00 am »
I might be wrong but the Closed for Repairs days are pretty usual. Also, Q AND NOT U, Luna, and The Kills (I might be wrong on this one) have played pretty recently.

markie

« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2003, 11:15:00 am »
Q and not U and Luna both last played last year, I cant remember about the kills.... They only just blipped on my radar.

Still none of them are actually bad bands, are they?

I suppose you would complain if the beatles and the smiths played at the blackcat a couple of times a year too?

lily1

« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2003, 11:17:00 am »
you and me both.

Originally posted by Skeeter:
  Well, I figured out the Sex Pistols password, but I'm still curious about getting on the actual Volume mailing list.

vansmack

« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2003, 11:30:00 am »
Originally posted by lily1:
  you and me both.

Originally posted by Skeeter:

[/b]
I started picking mine up at Melody Records in dupont because they seem to get volume long before I do.  Also makes me wonder how special it is if you can pick one up with the special super secret password from a stack in a music store.  I feel so unloved.  Where's that Seth fan club post again?
27>34

Bags

« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2003, 11:37:00 am »
The Kills opened for the Yeah Yeah Yeahs in April.  But they've come out with an album and gotten some buzz in the meantime.

Luna plays DC all the damn time.  Not the Black Cat's fault....I just wish it were some other band playing that often.

Barcelona

« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2003, 12:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by Andrew WK:
  Q and not U and Luna both last played last year, I cant remember about the kills.... They only just blipped on my radar.

Still none of them are actually bad bands, are they?

I suppose you would complain if the beatles and the smiths played at the blackcat a couple of times a year too?
That's exactly my point, I wouldn't complain if they were good bands, it is just that many of these bands are pretty awful. But yes, it is a musical taste issue, so I wouldn't have any problem if you didn't agree with me. It was a personal opinion, if Grandaddy and the Pixies played every month, I wouldn't complain.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2003, 12:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by Barcelona:
 It was a personal opinion, if Grandaddy and the Pixies played every month, I wouldn't complain.
dude, the pixies broke up 10 years ago. . .get over it.
OU812