Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2547603 times)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #1155 on: February 20, 2010, 05:29:57 pm »
Well, to each their own indeed. I love the place and have fond memories of going there when I was young (used to live very close to it). Maybe it's just a personal thing I guess.

I much prefer Fudds to Five Guys. FG won't cook anything less than well-done (i.e. dried the hell out) while I can get medium-rare at Fudds. FG is far more likely to get onions in my order  >:(. Really, Five Guys is by far the most overrated restaurant I know.
😐 🎶

betao

« Reply #1156 on: February 21, 2010, 12:13:38 am »
What I like better about Fudds are their buns made from scratch. Those things are delicious.

I dont know, I have a personal thing for Fudds. I have fond memories of when I was a kid playing rec soccer, and having our post-season parties there. I'll miss it even if others wont.

hutch

« Reply #1157 on: February 21, 2010, 02:17:48 am »
Well, to each their own indeed. I love the place and have fond memories of going there when I was young (used to live very close to it). Maybe it's just a personal thing I guess.

I much prefer Fudds to Five Guys. FG won't cook anything less than well-done (i.e. dried the hell out) while I can get medium-rare at Fudds. FG is far more likely to get onions in my order  >:(. Really, Five Guys is by far the most overrated restaurant I know.

What are you saying? That the people who like FG are "overrating" it?

THe place is doing gangbusters business and like 10 new ones opening up every day..

James Ford

« Reply #1158 on: February 21, 2010, 09:11:06 am »

THe place is doing gangbusters business and like 10 new ones opening up every day..

And Bud Light is the most popular beer in America.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #1159 on: February 21, 2010, 11:40:59 am »

The original FG on Columbia Pike in Arlington was so fucking good.  They got their buns from a bakery right next door.  Not sure why that one closed, but it was great.  I tried Elavation Burger in arlington the other day.  Tasty, but totally overpriced.

walkonby

« Reply #1160 on: February 21, 2010, 12:13:50 pm »
does the fact that five guys, not fg, but five guys . . . being owned by ex members of the redskins have anything to do with their popularity here?  kind of like if five members of the steelers opened a bakery hut called the "working man's bunns" franchise across pennsylvania?

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1161 on: February 21, 2010, 01:12:58 pm »

They are certainly convenient.
😐 🎶

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1162 on: February 21, 2010, 01:15:26 pm »
Oh shit! We almost forgot.

Al Haig is no longer in control.
😐 🎶

ggw

« Reply #1163 on: February 21, 2010, 01:59:49 pm »
Five Guys is not owned by ex-Redskins. Mark Moseley works for the founders-owners.

walkonby

« Reply #1164 on: February 21, 2010, 02:13:29 pm »
Five Guys is not owned by ex-Redskins. Mark Moseley works for the founders-owners.

oh . . . and here all this time i thought 5 guys meant 5 ex-redskins players opened it.  where i live out in the country, they opened a 5 guys right off the interstate exit ramp.  perfect location one would think.  it lasted less than a year due to the locals thinking it was crap.  the space is now a mexican restaurant and does excellent business.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #1165 on: February 21, 2010, 03:25:22 pm »

Sounds like you and I enjoy and avoid the same foods. But, you forgot to add all the extra grease that Five Guys adds!  :-X :( :'( :-\ >:(

That place is one of the most disgusting places that I've ever eaten on Earth! Ate there once, years ago, with Markie, Lulu and Kosmo and have avoided the place since. Felt sick the entire night from all the grease in their horrible food. Was also flabbergasted because I couldn't for the life of me figure out why so many others had raved about the place. It was definietly a new low in my  life.

walkonby

« Reply #1166 on: February 22, 2010, 11:09:48 pm »
dick . . . . . . . . ?

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #1167 on: February 23, 2010, 02:34:22 pm »
If you keep eating at 5 Guys, you may make this list sooner than later.

According to this article:

Worst Regular Order of Fries
Five Guys Fries (large)
1,464 calories
71 g fat (14 g saturated)
213 mg sodium

Sounds like you and I enjoy and avoid the same foods. But, you forgot to add all the extra grease that Five Guys adds!  :-X :( :'( :-\ >:(

That place is one of the most disgusting places that I've ever eaten on Earth! Ate there once, years ago, with Markie, Lulu and Kosmo and have avoided the place since. Felt sick the entire night from all the grease in their horrible food. Was also flabbergasted because I couldn't for the life of me figure out why so many others had raved about the place. It was definietly a new low in my  life.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #1168 on: February 23, 2010, 03:26:40 pm »
To be fair, a small order of fries from that place is more than enough for two people.  I'm sure a large is enough for three or four. 

That said, Americans are not much for moderation.  And when i say "people" I'm referring to me and my normal sized friends.

James Ford

« Reply #1169 on: February 23, 2010, 03:28:18 pm »
To be fair, a small order of fries from that place is more than enough for two people.  I'm sure a large is enough for three or four. 

That said, Americans are not much for moderation.  And when i say "people" I'm referring to me and my normal sized friends.

How many large orders you reckon Kevin Smith can put away?