Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2600792 times)

slappy

Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #1635 on: October 07, 2011, 12:27:37 am »

I'm a complete idiot "douche"

Brian

That's the only factual thing said in your mouth-breathing diatribe.

- Bring up one media source that said Jobs actually invented the things you listed.

- Pixar is a company. You don't invent companies, you found or create them. He bought a division of a company to run as a separate company and named it Pixar. He founded Pixar.

- Common sense and logic should tell you that design in technology should be simple so it is easy to use. Creating sheep isn't the intended goal. However! Crossing signals on street corners are there to create sheep so please keep jaywalking in heavy traffic!

- Here's some things he's done since your limited brain function can only work in bitter mode.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/on-innovations/steve-jobs-and-the-patents-that-changed-our-lives/2011/10/06/gIQARV4YQL_gallery.html
http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2011/10/steve-jobs-disability/

- NeXT an utter failure??? Tim Berners-Lee used one to write the first web server and the first web browser. The first server node on the World Wide Web was a NeXT box.

In other words, your idiotic douche rantings may have been limited to a My Chemical Romance xeroxed fanzine if it weren't for Jobs.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1636 on: October 07, 2011, 07:29:06 am »
Let's not forget:

-----------------------------------------------------------
Brian_Wallace
Re: Lollapalooza 2010
« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2010, 11:01:58 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The highlight of the weekend for me was a nearly naked Lady Gaga stage diving 50 feet from me during Semi-Precious Weapons set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGh9zlN6eLo&playnext=1&list=PL74E25F51DE25E316
(_|_)

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #1637 on: October 07, 2011, 08:19:19 am »

I'm a complete idiot "douche"

Brian

That's the only factual thing said in your mouth-breathing diatribe.

- Bring up one media source that said Jobs actually invented the things you listed.

- Pixar is a company. You don't invent companies, you found or create them. He bought a division of a company to run as a separate company and named it Pixar. He founded Pixar.

- Common sense and logic should tell you that design in technology should be simple so it is easy to use. Creating sheep isn't the intended goal. However! Crossing signals on street corners are there to create sheep so please keep jaywalking in heavy traffic!

- Here's some things he's done since your limited brain function can only work in bitter mode.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/on-innovations/steve-jobs-and-the-patents-that-changed-our-lives/2011/10/06/gIQARV4YQL_gallery.html
http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2011/10/steve-jobs-disability/

- NeXT an utter failure??? Tim Berners-Lee used one to write the first web server and the first web browser. The first server node on the World Wide Web was a NeXT box.

In other words, your idiotic douche rantings may have been limited to a My Chemical Romance xeroxed fanzine if it weren't for Jobs.

"Slappy."  A grown adult male nicknamed "slappy."  That's funny.  Was SmackAss taken? 

Listen.  I'm sorry your parents divorced when you were young and this is all you have.  I really am.  NeXT was a failure, ok?  You can try to rewrite history and defend your little friend all you want.  He's dead now.  And his little cult is breaking and doesn't know what to do.  Go home this Friday night and stare at the wall and realize how utterly alone you are.  "Slappy."  Is your best friend named "Noogy?" 

You are REALLY SAYING THAT?!?!?!!  That IF it weren't for Steve Jobs we WOULDN'T HAVE THE INTERNET!?!?!?!?!?!?

REALLY!?!?!?

That's what you're saying?  If it weren't for NeXT computers, we wouldn't have the internet?  We wouldn't have this message board if Steve Jobs didn't found NeXT computers?  Wow!  What color is the sky in your world?

Jeez.  I'm sorry.  Really.  I mean, did your mother drink when she was pregnant with you?

Brian

P.S.  Have you ever had a half-naked, biggest star in the world crowd surf over you?  Have you?  Then, don't judge.  Don't judge.

nkotb

« Reply #1638 on: October 07, 2011, 08:54:31 am »
Does this count?  If not, then no :(

P.S.  Have you ever had a half-naked, biggest star in the world crowd surf over you?  Have you?  Then, don't judge.  Don't judge.

Mobius

« Reply #1639 on: October 07, 2011, 09:18:32 am »
What is the technological equivalent of Fall Out Boy?  Who is the Pete Wentz of Silicon Valley? 

« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 09:22:27 am by Mobius »

ggw

« Reply #1640 on: October 07, 2011, 09:30:22 am »
Apple made technology optimistic.  It took something oppressive and dehumanizng and made it feel positive. 

I think the above points to the "genius" of Steve Jobs.  He was a genius of image and branding.  So many Apple loyalists are among the ranks of the anti-corporate crowd.  But Apple is four times more profitable than Exxon.  Jobs and other executives falsified records to give themselves extra tens of millions of dollars in bonuses.  Apple products are built in sub-human sweatshops and create environmental disaster zones.  The true genius of Jobs was getting so many people who are normally aghast at such behavior to turn a blind eye to it.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1641 on: October 07, 2011, 09:43:41 am »
OK - enough clutter in the dropping like flies thread, start a new thread, tumblr, whatever...
T.Rex

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1642 on: October 07, 2011, 10:06:21 am »

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/mp3-downloads-music-piracy-ifpi,news-3315.html

So that leaves 5% (max, probably closer to 4%) of all music downloads were bought through itunes.  And that was in 2009.  It has to be lower now.  Wow!  Steve Jobs was a real savior to the music industry, then!   ::)  With friends like these....

Brian
insufferable douche.

I get it now - apple records, apple computers

bah

Ironically, I LOVE fruit.  Mmmmm....  Apples.  I mean apples aren't in raspberry's or nectarine's league but they're close.  A good McIntosh or Granny Smith on a crisp autumn morn after a good workout?   Bliss.

I love fruits.  I'm all about fruits.  Some rot your teeth, though.  Unpleasant.

Brian

Fruit is so overrated. Only enematic douchebags eat nectarines.

The iSheeple are a cult...no really they are. Steve Jobs was a techno Jim Jones. The kool-aid is apple flavored.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #1643 on: October 07, 2011, 10:09:14 am »
do you own any apple products?

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1644 on: October 07, 2011, 10:26:53 am »

Who? Me? No....but like I said before, not out of any protest or stupid personal boycott, I just have never found the need for anything apple have produced.

ggw

« Reply #1645 on: October 07, 2011, 10:35:53 am »

I own three ipods and an ipad.  I think they're great.  I think Jobs was great.  He and a friend started a company in a garage and earlier this year it was briefly the most valuable company in the U.S. - bigger than Exxon or WalMart or GE.  That is a fantastic accomplishment - it's the American Dream.  He deserves huge respect for what he accomplished.  But I think Jobs is in a cohort with Jack Welch, Sam Walton, and George Merck, not with Edison, Tesla, or Westinghouse.

slappy

« Reply #1646 on: October 07, 2011, 11:26:14 am »

You are REALLY SAYING THAT?!?!?!!  That IF it weren't for Steve Jobs we WOULDN'T HAVE THE INTERNET!?!?!?!?!?!?

REALLY!?!?!?

Awww. Brian's squirming and can't answer the question! C'mon, being reduced to using 4th grade insults is so sad. Put on your grown up pants and try.

- Name one media source that claimed Steve Jobs invented any of things you stated.

- Read my post slooooowly and carefully. Nowhere did I say Steve Jobs was responsible for the internet. The internet is a vehicle for supporting the Web. If you want to be perceived as having arguments that have an ounce of merit, at least learn the basics of your subject.

If this doesn't get through to you.
I am rubber, you are glue.
Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #1647 on: October 07, 2011, 11:35:29 am »
Doom and Wolfenstein 3D were both written on a NeXTCube

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #1648 on: October 07, 2011, 12:28:37 pm »

Who? Me? No....but like I said before, not out of any protest or stupid personal boycott, I just have never found the need for anything apple have produced.

and you sound exactly like someone who never did

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1649 on: October 07, 2011, 12:36:45 pm »

and you sound exactly like someone who never did

Exactly.....not the cult member type.