Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2600189 times)

Brian_Wallace

Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #1650 on: October 07, 2011, 12:55:08 pm »
The internet is a vehicle for supporting the Web. If you want to be perceived as having arguments that have an ounce of merit, at least learn the basics of your subject.

......and?  Just what were you implying with "Tim Berners-Lee used one to write the first web server and the first web browser. The first server node on the World Wide Web was a NeXT box.

In other words, your idiotic douche rantings may have been limited to a My Chemical Romance xeroxed fanzine if it weren't for Jobs."

If it weren't for Steve Jobs we wouldn't have the World Wide Web?  That no one would have ever come up with the....  Your point is so stupid, it exhausts me.  Enlighten me here.  What WERE you trying to say?

I've never owned an Apple product.  My mommy and daddy didn't pay for my schooling, either.  I "THINK DIFFERENT"-LY.  What am I missing out on?  "Angry Birds?"  Mp3's sound so shitty anyhow.  I'd much rather see a live show or hear a record. 

Brian

redsock

« Reply #1651 on: October 07, 2011, 01:38:11 pm »
The internet is a vehicle for supporting the Web. If you want to be perceived as having arguments that have an ounce of merit, at least learn the basics of your subject.

......and?  Just what were you implying with "Tim Berners-Lee used one to write the first web server and the first web browser. The first server node on the World Wide Web was a NeXT box.

In other words, your idiotic douche rantings may have been limited to a My Chemical Romance xeroxed fanzine if it weren't for Jobs."

If it weren't for Steve Jobs we wouldn't have the World Wide Web?  That no one would have ever come up with the....  Your point is so stupid, it exhausts me.  Enlighten me here.  What WERE you trying to say?

I've never owned an Apple product.  My mommy and daddy didn't pay for my schooling, either.  I "THINK DIFFERENT"-LY.  What am I missing out on?  "Angry Birds?"  Mp3's sound so shitty anyhow.  I'd much rather see a live show or hear a record. 

Brian

My mommy and daddy didn't pay for my education and I like apple products. We get it, you think we all suck. Stop being nails on the chalkboard and find someplace else to take a mental dump. It is starting to really stink in here.

ggw

« Reply #1652 on: October 08, 2011, 01:10:38 pm »
Raiders owner Al Davis.

This means Danny Snyder is now unquestionably the worst owner in the NFL.

vansmack

« Reply #1653 on: October 09, 2011, 10:30:17 am »
Raiders owner Al Davis.

This means Danny Snyder is now unquestionably the worst owner in the NFL.

Al Davis was dead 10 years ago. At least.
27>34

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1654 on: October 09, 2011, 10:37:49 am »
😐 🎶

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #1655 on: October 14, 2011, 09:41:44 am »
Dennis Richie, a man who actually DID invent something that fundamentally provided the basis for
almost all of our technology today.

http://www.muktware.com/news/2683

I eagerly await him being on the cover of the next Rolling Stone.  However, I missed the R.I.P tweets from Bono.

Brian

« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 09:45:59 am by Brian_Wallace »

nkotb

« Reply #1656 on: October 14, 2011, 10:17:14 pm »
Sonic Youth ?

A statement from Matador Records says, "Sonic Youth, with both Kim and Thurston involved, will proceed with its South American tour dates in November. Plans beyond that tour are uncertain. The couple has requested respect for their personal privacy and does not wish to issue further comment."

Bummer.

http://pitchfork.com/news/44318-kim-gordon-thurston-moore-separate/

hutch

« Reply #1657 on: October 15, 2011, 12:25:17 am »
Sonic Youth ?

A statement from Matador Records says, "Sonic Youth, with both Kim and Thurston involved, will proceed with its South American tour dates in November. Plans beyond that tour are uncertain. The couple has requested respect for their personal privacy and does not wish to issue further comment."

Bummer.

http://pitchfork.com/news/44318-kim-gordon-thurston-moore-separate/

I read this...

...on some level that would suck...

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #1658 on: October 15, 2011, 09:37:04 am »

I know it seems shocking when the King and Queen of the College Rock Kingdom breakup.  All the minions are in panic (it's been a bad month for mindless followers, hasn't it?)  How will the country be ruled?!?!?

But relax.  I hear they've already worked out a custody agreement.  Kim gets Arcade Fire and all of the Crystal Castles territory while Thurston gets Beck and all of The Fall lands.

Brian

betao

« Reply #1659 on: October 15, 2011, 10:01:32 am »
Kim and Thurston are separated now :(

ggw

« Reply #1660 on: October 15, 2011, 10:10:12 am »
Have a little compassion Brian. Remember how devestated you were when Pete and Ashlee split. I bet you didn't leave your room for a week.

azaghal1981

« Reply #1661 on: October 15, 2011, 11:16:41 am »
Hmm, Brazilian vacation centered around a possibly last opportunity to see Sonic Youth, anyone?

P.S. Brian and his obviously pent up rage (this place notwithstanding) sometimes forces me to wonder if he will be the next Metro suicide.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 11:18:14 am by azaghal1981 »
احمد

serpent boy

« Reply #1662 on: October 15, 2011, 01:22:11 pm »
That really sucks. I hope it doesn't mean the band breaks up, but they can't play forever. I'm glad I saw them in 2000 and 2004.

andyrichter

« Reply #1663 on: October 15, 2011, 03:31:28 pm »
kinda kickng myself in the behind for missing their show in williamsburg this summer.  i thought they'd be back for sure.   :(

azaghal1981

« Reply #1664 on: October 15, 2011, 03:47:56 pm »
If they are breaking up, one would think (wishfully) they would play a string of farewell gigs.
احمد