Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2600593 times)

atomicfront

Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #2295 on: May 31, 2013, 01:46:33 pm »
In my experience, DCA is generally way more expensive to fly in and out of than BWI (though it might be offset by metro accessibility)

definitely more expensive..cause its the better option... you pay a premium for that..well worth it... shit the idea of getting on 495 to go to BWI which might as well be Baltimore... ..talk about stress...

clever marketing calling it BWI....

You could take the MARC to BWI.  National is dangerous. Pilots don't like to fly there.  Only reason it is open is because congress is too lazy to go to Dulles.  I think BWI is cheaper because it is almost all Southwest and Airtran.  Discount airlines mean cheaper fares.  Anyway like I said there is never a reason for me to fly out of National.  BWI has all the domestic routes.  National doesn't do international.  So Philly is actually the best option.  I can get direct flights to most every where in Europe and if they dont' have it odds are Dulles doesn't either.  Well I did fly to Iceland from Dulles last year as Dulles has direct flight.  But it is such a pain to get to.

hutch

« Reply #2296 on: May 31, 2013, 01:49:52 pm »
In my experience, DCA is generally way more expensive to fly in and out of than BWI (though it might be offset by metro accessibility)

definitely more expensive..cause its the better option... you pay a premium for that..well worth it... shit the idea of getting on 495 to go to BWI which might as well be Baltimore... ..talk about stress...

You could take the MARC to BWI.  National is dangerous. Pilots don't like to fly there.  Only reason it is open is because congress is too lazy to go to Dulles.  I think BWI is cheaper because it is almost all Southwest and Airtran.  Discount airlines mean cheaper fares.  Anyway like I said there is never a reason for me to fly out of National.  BWI has all the domestic routes.  National doesn't do international.  So Philly is actually the best option.  I can get direct flights to most every where in Europe and if they dont' have it odds are Dulles doesn't either.  Well I did fly to Iceland from Dulles last year as Dulles has direct flight.  But it is such a pain to get to.

National rocks... Not one airport related accident...nice shops... small terminal.... metro stop right there..beautiful views....can't be beat

the only downside is that Southwest doesn't fly out of there...

atomicfront

« Reply #2297 on: May 31, 2013, 01:50:51 pm »

National rocks... Not one airport related accident...nice shops... small terminal.... metro stop right there..beautiful views....can't be beat...

Tell that to the people who crashed into the 14th street bridge.  I am sure short runways had nothing do with that crash.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2298 on: May 31, 2013, 01:55:33 pm »
but they have nice shops.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #2299 on: May 31, 2013, 01:55:54 pm »
Dropping Like Flies thread
😐 🎶

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2300 on: May 31, 2013, 01:59:43 pm »
i blame myself, beets . . . i should have never questioned vansmacks doctor post.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #2301 on: May 31, 2013, 02:00:33 pm »

National rocks... Not one airport related accident...nice shops... small terminal.... metro stop right there..beautiful views....can't be beat...

Tell that to the people who crashed into the 14th street bridge.  I am sure short runways had nothing do with that crash.
It's pretty widely recognized that the pilots fucked up in de-icing the wings....as in they didn't. 

All 3 airports are relatively painless for me to fly out of.  I go with whoever is cheapest and has the departure times i need.

But I digress...perhaps this should be taken to the Commentary on Dropping Like Flies thread.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 02:02:05 pm by chaz »

eros

« Reply #2302 on: May 31, 2013, 02:07:19 pm »

They actually do (as of last year)
ʎɐʍou

Yada

« Reply #2303 on: May 31, 2013, 03:42:36 pm »
No direct flights out of BWI to Burlington.  :'(

atomicfront

« Reply #2304 on: May 31, 2013, 03:48:59 pm »

Why would anyone want to fly to Burlington, Vermont?  I actually was there after hiking to the state highpoints in New Hampshire and Vermont. 

Yada

« Reply #2305 on: May 31, 2013, 04:21:36 pm »

Why would anyone want to fly to Burlington, Vermont?  I actually was there after hiking to the state highpoints in New Hampshire and Vermont. 

Because they don't want to drive 9 hours each way is my guess.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2306 on: May 31, 2013, 05:49:08 pm »
Why would I want to fly to Burlington, Vermont? 

fixed that for you.
<sig>

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2307 on: May 31, 2013, 05:54:57 pm »
you like . . . to fix, dont you.

hutch

« Reply #2308 on: May 31, 2013, 09:02:43 pm »

They actually do (as of last year)

oh..good to know

see. this threadjack was useful in the end...

James Ford

« Reply #2309 on: May 31, 2013, 11:59:03 pm »
Because they make better beer in Vermont than they do in Germany.