Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2601331 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #2745 on: February 04, 2014, 04:43:09 pm »
you did notice that it switched it from brian, to bryan . . . so it is none of those photos.  darn.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #2746 on: February 04, 2014, 06:23:02 pm »
Incredible that after being clean for 20+ years PSH still succumbed to addiction.

Using any particular substance is a SYMPTOM of the disease of addiction.  Being clean for any amount of time does not CURE someone from having the disease.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 11:27:14 pm by RatBastard »
FUKIT

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #2747 on: February 04, 2014, 06:31:41 pm »
Incredible that after being clean for 20+ years PSH still succumbed to addiction.

Using any particular substance is a SYMPTOM of the disease of addiction.  Being clean form any amount of time does not CURE someone from having the disease.

It's always great to find common ground with someone I generally patently disagree with.  But here I am.  I generally try to avoid using the term disease, because the disease model in general is so polarizing where it pertains to addiction.  But like a disease it is progressive and fatal if left untreated.

We (I) are flogging a dead horse here.  But love him or hate him, Russell Brand nails it in this column.

http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2013/mar/09/russell-brand-life-without-drugs

« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 06:37:26 pm by chaz »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2748 on: February 04, 2014, 07:08:50 pm »

what an insightful read.

"Drugs and alcohol are not my problem, reality is my problem, drugs and alcohol are my solution." (...) "It is difficult to feel sympathy for these people. It is difficult to regard some bawdy drunk and see them as sick and powerless. It is difficult to suffer the selfishness of a drug addict who will lie to you and steal from you and forgive them and offer them help. Can there be any other disease that renders its victims so unappealing?"
<sig>

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2749 on: February 04, 2014, 09:07:57 pm »
heres an idea famous people . . . go find other famous people that are doing drugs that are, still, alive, and fuck them up until they get sober.  and then continue to fuck them up, if they fall off the wagon.  shame all famous people who are doing drugs.  make sure they get fired from all their jobs.  throw shit at them during award shows.  boo them to their fucking face.  then, i would care.

atomic

« Reply #2750 on: February 04, 2014, 09:08:12 pm »

what an insightful read.

"Drugs and alcohol are not my problem, reality is my problem, drugs and alcohol are my solution." (...) "It is difficult to feel sympathy for these people. It is difficult to regard some bawdy drunk and see them as sick and powerless. It is difficult to suffer the selfishness of a drug addict who will lie to you and steal from you and forgive them and offer them help. Can there be any other disease that renders its victims so unappealing?"

People addicted to gambling.  I don't get that one.  At least with drugs you are getting some sort of pleasure.  Gamblers who leave their kids in the car in the cold while they throw their money away.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2751 on: February 05, 2014, 02:01:55 pm »
FYI - had to edit a couple posts today because certain info posted turned out to be bogus.  And that is all I'll say on the matter.
T.Rex

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2752 on: February 05, 2014, 02:07:37 pm »
how bogus, of you, not to say anything else, on the matter.

atomic

« Reply #2753 on: February 05, 2014, 02:20:13 pm »
FYI - had to edit a couple posts today because certain info posted turned out to be bogus.  And that is all I'll say on the matter.

The e-mail address and phone number Brian Wallace posted were not really his?  How shocking. 

« Reply #2754 on: February 06, 2014, 02:05:35 pm »

The e-mail address and phone number Brian Wallace posted were not really his?  How shocking. 

have noticed that BW hasn't posted since...but hasn't deleted his account
kind of an @hole and won't be missed by me
slack

James Ford

« Reply #2755 on: February 06, 2014, 02:16:37 pm »
He may be my all time favorite board member. This place will go back to being boring without him.

have noticed that BW hasn't posted since...but hasn't deleted his account
kind of an @hole and won't be missed by me

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2756 on: February 06, 2014, 02:57:00 pm »
He may be my all time favorite board member. This place will go back to being boring without him.
I can't decide whether to respond "Troll knows troll," or "Celeste will take this news hard."
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2757 on: February 06, 2014, 03:26:44 pm »

i wouldn't say he's my favorite, but i certainly have an appreciation of his style.  when he hits his stride, those rants are epic.

i also agree with a lot of what he said here regarding how people are (over)reacting to PSH's overdose.  dammit.  i hate it when i have to agree with wallace.
<sig>

James Ford

« Reply #2758 on: February 06, 2014, 03:52:56 pm »
Ok, maybe I should have said "favorite board member I haven't met". Because of course the ones I have met have all been lovely people.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #2759 on: February 06, 2014, 04:26:29 pm »
Ok, maybe I should have said "favorite board member I haven't met". Because of course the ones I have met have all been lovely people.
You haven't met me yet.