Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2600856 times)

vansmack

Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #2805 on: February 25, 2014, 01:41:47 am »
Harold Ramis

What a run that guy had.  Totally sad,  but he definitely shaped my sense of humor,  even if I took it too far.
27>34

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2806 on: February 25, 2014, 11:33:52 am »
there goes, ghostbusters three.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #2807 on: February 25, 2014, 11:42:05 am »
Harold Ramis

What a run that guy had.  Totally sad,  but he definitely shaped my sense of humor,  even if I took it too far.
For real.  This guy's movies were solid gold back when I was a kid.  Animal House, Caddyshack, Meatballs, Stripes. 

ggw

« Reply #2808 on: February 25, 2014, 02:15:43 pm »

hutch

« Reply #2809 on: February 26, 2014, 12:10:59 pm »
Paco de Lucia

his recordings with Camaron de la Isla remain the pinnnacle of modern flamenco (at least to this novice)

glad I saw Paco once at Lisner in the mid 1990s  I want to say..

James Ford

« Reply #2810 on: February 26, 2014, 12:22:47 pm »
Former NBC newsanchor Garrick Utley.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2811 on: February 26, 2014, 01:15:35 pm »
Paco de Lucia

aww crap.  what a loss.  i've listened to "Entre Dos Aguas" about a million times over the years.  live rendition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oyhlad64-s
<sig>

i am gay and i like cats

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #2813 on: February 27, 2014, 10:10:00 pm »

Jim Lange as you probably knew him. I also remember him as a newscaster on KGO-TV (Channel 7) in San Francisco. And if I remember correctly, he interrupted morning programming to play the first communique tape from Patty Hearst.
😐 🎶

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #2814 on: February 27, 2014, 10:39:21 pm »
😐 🎶

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #2815 on: March 04, 2014, 02:53:33 pm »
You know, I usually have a thick skin for this sort of thing.  But this pisses me off.  This guy Bob Casale was a member of a wildly successful rock band, worked for a wildlly successful music soundtrack shop, and he has NO will and NO LIFE INSURANCE?  His family has to beg on the Internet to pay for his funeral and medical expenses?

I'm just a regular schmuck and even I have this stuff.  And for a while there it wasn't the easiest thing for me to make those life insurance premium payments, but I always did and do.  And thanks to that my kids and wife won't be left holding the bag if something unforeseen happens to me.

http://www.spin.com/articles/devo-robert-bob-casale-family-fund-donations-death/

Yada

« Reply #2816 on: March 04, 2014, 03:05:29 pm »
You know, I usually have a thick skin for this sort of thing.  But this pisses me off.  This guy Bob Casale was a member of a wildly successful rock band, worked for a wildlly successful music soundtrack shop, and he has NO will and NO LIFE INSURANCE?  His family has to beg on the Internet to pay for his funeral and medical expenses?

I'm just a regular schmuck and even I have this stuff.  And for a while there it wasn't the easiest thing for me to make those life insurance premium payments, but I always did and do.  And thanks to that my kids and wife won't be left holding the bag if something unforeseen happens to me.

http://www.spin.com/articles/devo-robert-bob-casale-family-fund-donations-death/

I'm actually in the process of getting life insurance right now, what a fucking crock of shit... but a must if you have a family that you care about. I'm sure this will spawn another thread or this could belong in the parenting or herpes thread.

But yeah, that guy is an irresponsible idiot.

James Ford

« Reply #2817 on: March 04, 2014, 03:22:33 pm »
I wonder if there really a need for life insurance if you've got two healthy 401K's, two above average incomes, a healthy college fund, a healthy bank account, only one kid, and don't spend your money on $300 bottles of liquor?

Death insurance has always seemed like a scam to me. And I don't want a funeral. Cremate me as cheaply as possible.

hutch

« Reply #2818 on: March 04, 2014, 03:31:27 pm »
rip bob 2....seems like yesterday i saw him at the state theatre......

Yada

« Reply #2819 on: March 04, 2014, 03:32:33 pm »
I wonder if there really a need for life insurance if you've got two healthy 401K's, two above average incomes, a healthy college fund, a healthy bank account, only one kid, and don't spend your money on $300 bottles of liquor?

Death insurance has always seemed like a scam to me. And I don't want a funeral. Cremate me as cheaply as possible.

I assumed you wouldn't have life insurance... I guess it comes down to what you feel is healthy.