Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2600470 times)

hutch

Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #2970 on: April 15, 2014, 05:37:21 pm »
AC/DC?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/fans-hope-for-the-best-as-rumours-swirl-about-malcolm-youngs-health-and-acdcs-future/story-fni0b7jg-1226884658411

<cue all the predictable haters...>

If they didn't stop being AC/DC when Bon Scott died I see no reason to stop on Malcolms account.

I recall they've toured without Malcolm before.   Felt like the worst-thing-ever at the time but....when looking back it is a blur of just a fantastic fun concert anyway.

They did! and if I recall he was replaced by a cousin or something like that.... it was when Malcolm went into rehab and quit drinking alcohol...i am thinking late 80s...

hutch

« Reply #2971 on: April 16, 2014, 08:55:13 am »
not true!

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6053874/acdc-not-quitting-retirement-rumors

hoping malcolm and all of them are healthy

I saw them second row center opening night in wilkes barre last tour (2008) and it remains one of my best memories.. lord knows i'd waited a lifetime.

i could see them being done though......

Yada

« Reply #2972 on: April 16, 2014, 09:09:22 am »
not true!

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6053874/acdc-not-quitting-retirement-rumors

hoping malcolm and all of them are healthy

I saw them second row center opening night in wilkes barre last tour (2008) and it remains one of my best memories.. lord knows i'd waited a lifetime.

i could see them being done though......

hutch, I thought about you yesterday.

I'm not kidding, an 18 wheeler going about 75mph missed my car by about two feet, max... The forum was almost one member short as of yesterday. I'd have to say it was one my closest calls in life.

hutch

« Reply #2973 on: April 16, 2014, 05:21:40 pm »
^Yada glad you are ok... people drive like maniacs.. I'm not sure what was written about my accident..  was driving along at 25 mph in good old Arlington (from the record store of course) when out of nowhere my car starts spinning , the front windshield cracks ...i break and realize i can't get out... paramedics where on scene quick...the end result was 22 plus breaks in 8 ribs, pelvic fractures, 6 fractures in shoulder blade, collapsed lung...and other shit..miracle i did not lose consciousness.... my remaining issue other than a bit of a fear of driving, is the shoulder blade is messed up and am working on it...

what happened? someone couldn't wait to get out of parking lot... truck coming along taps her and she spins into my driver side door destroying the left side of my body.. i'm lucky

i hope i'm not repeating something i already typed here.

------------

but I came on to write that AC/DC has confirmed Malcolm Young is ill and is taking a break from the band...

http://www.acdc.com/us/news/message-acdc

I love Malcolm and am really wishing him all the best.... he's the man.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 05:23:15 pm by hutch »

James Ford

« Reply #2974 on: April 16, 2014, 09:35:07 pm »
I'm 12 weeks into a compression fracture of a vertebrae and the pain just won't let up. Every time it  really hurts, I tell myself Hutch has it much, much worse.

The doctor is suggesting a kyphoplasty would cure my ills. Fucking insurance won't pay for it, but I'm thinking it might still be out of pocket money well spent.

Anybody have a medical opinion to share?

I suppose this is the right thread. I feel like my 46 year old body has aged 20 years this year. Atomic will be thrilled to learn I lost a half inch in height.

atomic

« Reply #2975 on: April 16, 2014, 09:53:50 pm »
I'm 12 weeks into a compression fracture of a vertebrae and the pain just won't let up. Every time it  really hurts, I tell myself Hutch has it much, much worse.

The doctor is suggesting a kyphoplasty would cure my ills. Fucking insurance won't pay for it, but I'm thinking it might still be out of pocket money well spent.

I suppose this is the right thread. I feel like my 46 year old body has aged 20 years this year. Atomic will be thrilled to learn I lost a half inch in height.

How did this happen? 

atomic

« Reply #2976 on: April 16, 2014, 09:55:32 pm »
^Yada glad you are ok... people drive like maniacs.. I'm not sure what was written about my accident..  was driving along at 25 mph in good old Arlington (from the record store of course) when out of nowhere my car starts spinning , the front windshield cracks ...i break and realize i can't get out... paramedics where on scene quick...the end result was 22 plus breaks in 8 ribs, pelvic fractures, 6 fractures in shoulder blade, collapsed lung...and other shit..miracle i did not lose consciousness.... my remaining issue other than a bit of a fear of driving, is the shoulder blade is messed up and am working on it...

what happened? someone couldn't wait to get out of parking lot... truck coming along taps her and she spins into my driver side door destroying the left side of my body.. i'm lucky

i hope i'm not repeating something i already typed here.

------------

but I came on to write that AC/DC has confirmed Malcolm Young is ill and is taking a break from the band...

http://www.acdc.com/us/news/message-acdc

I love Malcolm and am really wishing him all the best.... he's the man.

Wow you were seriously messed up. 

hutch

« Reply #2977 on: April 16, 2014, 10:09:46 pm »

I'm glad I can be of some solace..

:)

i'm sorry for your pain man..that blows.... i've had some lower back issues (since right before accident , maybe made worse by accident) and its no fun for sure...

my only comment is to be sure to rule out chiropractors and acupuncturists before any surgery....12 weeks is a long time though.....i recommend deb earley to rule out acupuncture... i don't think acupuncture can help a fracture but it often helps with pain management

ggw

« Reply #2978 on: April 16, 2014, 10:20:43 pm »

Double down on the roxies.

James Ford

« Reply #2979 on: April 17, 2014, 07:35:14 am »
Sledding with my kid. I was taking a solo run and went over a snowhill some kids had made ( didn't see it until it was too late). Got airborne and landed awkwardly on my skinny white ass. Heard something crunch and pop and immediately knew i was fucked. Probably wouldn't have bothered a kids bones, but mine are too old for that shit.

How did this happen? 

ggw

« Reply #2980 on: April 17, 2014, 09:18:54 am »
I consulted with Dr. Google, and he said that procedure is for old women with osteoporosis and not recommended for trauma injuries. 

My own back issues were different (blown disc with an impacted nerve), but epidurals were quite effective in mitigating pain for weeks at a time.

James Ford

« Reply #2981 on: April 17, 2014, 10:30:55 am »
Yes, I've spent many hours googling and found many different things. All likely serving the best interests behind the people having them published.

I consulted with Dr. Google, and he said that procedure is for old women with osteoporosis and not recommended for trauma injuries. 

My own back issues were different (blown disc with an impacted nerve), but epidurals were quite effective in mitigating pain for weeks at a time.

atomic

« Reply #2982 on: April 17, 2014, 10:44:13 am »
Sledding with my kid. I was taking a solo run and went over a snowhill some kids had made ( didn't see it until it was too late). Got airborne and landed awkwardly on my skinny white ass. Heard something crunch and pop and immediately knew i was fucked. Probably wouldn't have bothered a kids bones, but mine are too old for that shit.

How did this happen? 

At least you have a good story to tell about how it happened.  I had a lot of broken bones as a kid so it is probably not your age. You are only 45. 

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #2983 on: April 17, 2014, 10:44:23 am »
What would the procedure cost you?

Hexenjagd

« Reply #2984 on: April 17, 2014, 10:47:45 am »
Arbouretum
An Important Announcement For Our Fans:

Hey everyone, so this is a little long in coming, but I felt I had to reach out to you all, so you know what the deal is.

In a nutshell, Arbouretum is on hiatus right now, and I can't tell you exactly when we'll pick it back up.

There's no bad blood or hard feelings or anything like that, not even the oft-mentioned "creative differences" that have plagued so many bands in the past.

It's just a matter of different lifestyle/logistical factors- two of us are owners of small businesses that need focusing on right now. One of us has another band that is currently in an active cycle. One of us is figuring out how to live a sober lifestyle for the first time in many years.

And for me, I've written two complete songs in the past year, both of which were on commission. Why is this? Well, I think it's because I kind of let the idea of what Arbouretum is all about, or supposed to be all about, get away from me, and so the muse hasn't really been around, at least not where I've been able to see/feel it.

So, I've been focusing on other things. Working on songs that don't sound like Arbouretum songs. Learning folk songs in the British Isles traditions. Getting back into Tai Chi after years of being away from practicing it. And also getting ready for a production project coming up soon, involving an album by a really talented songwriter named Fern.

I have a couple shows planned for the very near future. One is in Chapel Hill this coming Friday at the Night Light. The other is in Baltimore, at Club K on May 11. I'll be sharing those events here in a bit.

I'll be working on getting some new songs ready to go from these strands that are emerging in the dim light of my daydreams and putting them down in a format like a record, maybe even two records. Then shows, and so on. There's really no way I feel like I can stop doing music, but sometimes you have to find new ways of doing things when the ways you've been doing things run into some changes.

The idea of "Arbouretum" has been so tied into the identity of the four of us that have been working on it since 2009, that I don't think it would be appropriate to use the same name for a new project. I'll be doing stuff under my own name, and get some new internet presences that reflect that. I'll be posting these here at first, so you know where to find me.

I really hope you all stick around for this new cycle. You all have been really important to us, and without your support and encouragement, none of it would have been possible at all.

Arbouretum will be back around when the time is right, however long it takes. I love these guys, and am extremely grateful for all the hard work everyone has put into it over the years. You just can't ignore that sort of thing, and I sure am not.

Anyway, just wanted to update you all with the truth of the moment, as completely as I can relate it to you. I feel I owe you that, at least.

peace,
Dave Heumann