Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2601566 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #3945 on: September 22, 2015, 09:12:44 am »
but the stats show the truth

Again, it's RatBastard. His analysis of statistics is notoriously in "flunked out of STAT 101" territory.
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #3946 on: September 22, 2015, 09:19:00 am »
Dude, it's RatBastard, he's human garbage. None of you call him on it because he has a token gay friend.

I think I've been pretty clear what I think about him and his views.
oword

Space Freely

« Reply #3947 on: September 22, 2015, 09:32:42 am »
Ben Carson,s chances. Republicans, everywhere just smiled, because there was no way they were voting for a black guy.

You would be surprised.  Then again you said Republicans not conservatives.  Most conservatives I know vote based on the merit of the individual candidates listed on the ballot and not on superficial things like skin color, age, gender, etc.

After following a number of different political websites, and this forum for awhile, I can report that liberals are every bit as sanctimonious, mean spirited, and nasty as conservatives in online forums. Perhaps even more so.

If conservatives are so piously color-blind and pure, why do they so consistently take positions that are opposed by minorities? And why has the conservative movement been overwhelmingly led by white men? And why do you suppose the conservative movement is most strong in a part of America - the South - that has a long and recent history with racism, prejudice, and inequality?

I guess it's all just a weird coincidence.
Dude, it's RatBastard, he's human garbage. None of you call him on it because he has a token gay friend.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3948 on: September 22, 2015, 09:57:22 am »
am i the only person here who isn't a fan of Reston?  i think it's a boring, over-planned attempt at social engineering.  i worked in sterling for a year and ended up in reston pretty regularly (sometimes stayed at a hotel there).  if you're ok with a place that went from cow pastures to "city of the future" in 3 years, and all the charm and character that comes with building a city overnight, then yeah... it's magical.
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #3949 on: September 22, 2015, 10:07:10 am »
am i the only person here who isn't a fan of Reston?  i think it's a boring, over-planned attempt at social engineering.  i worked in sterling for a year and ended up in reston pretty regularly (sometimes stayed at a hotel there).  if you're ok with a place that went from cow pastures to "city of the future" in 3 years, and all the charm and character that comes with building a city overnight, then yeah... it's magical.

wait... what am I missing here? People exist that truly LOVE, Reston? Maybe I forgot to type in my sarcasm font.

Space Freely

« Reply #3950 on: September 22, 2015, 10:12:47 am »

wait... what am I missing here? People exist that truly LOVE, Reston? Maybe I forgot to type in my sarcasm font.

One of my best friends grew up in this area, and has lived in Maryland, DC, and Virginia since I've known him (18 years). When it was time to buy a house, that's where he (and his wife) chose. They seem to love it there.

For some reason, I think it's probably hard to grasp the charm in a place where you've only stayed at a mid-level hotel there for work.

Yada

« Reply #3951 on: September 22, 2015, 10:29:36 am »

One of my best friends grew up in this area, and has lived in Maryland, DC, and Virginia since I've known him (18 years). When it was time to buy a house, that's where he (and his wife) chose. They seem to love it there.

For some reason, I think it's probably hard to grasp the charm in a place where you've only stayed at a mid-level hotel there for work.

I'm happy he's happy.

Space Freely

« Reply #3952 on: September 22, 2015, 10:40:57 am »

I'm happy he's happy.

Me too.

I can't think of any neighborhood/town in the DMV area that struck me as a place that I TRULY LOVE. But I could probably find things I like about many area neighborhoods/towns.

Relaxer

« Reply #3953 on: September 22, 2015, 10:46:16 am »
I truly love the Cap Hill/Eastern Market/Lincoln Park area of DC. I started living on the Hill in 1992 and have never been tempted to live anywhere else. It was a great neighborhood to live in as a swinging bachelor and it's an even better neighborhood to live in with kids. It's like it a small town nestled in a big city.
oword

Yada

« Reply #3954 on: September 22, 2015, 10:52:20 am »
I truly love the Cap Hill/Eastern Market/Lincoln Park area of DC. I started living on the Hill in 1992 and have never been tempted to live anywhere else. It was a great neighborhood to live in as a swinging bachelor and it's an even better neighborhood to live in with kids. It's like it a small town nestled in a big city.

^^I'd agree with that^^

The only downside is it's a bit out of the way in terms of where I hang out, work, travel to often, etc... but I agree.

Space Freely

« Reply #3955 on: September 22, 2015, 10:59:30 am »

What's the typical price for home for a family of three or four? How are the public schools in the neighborhood?

Yada

« Reply #3956 on: September 22, 2015, 11:03:58 am »

What's the typical price for home for a family of three or four? How are the public schools in the neighborhood?

Schools are great, home is probably a million.

Space Freely

« Reply #3957 on: September 22, 2015, 11:05:54 am »

How about racial diversity?

Yada

« Reply #3958 on: September 22, 2015, 11:09:53 am »

More Muslims than Reston.

Space Freely

« Reply #3959 on: September 22, 2015, 11:19:47 am »

More Muslims than Reston.

I'd put money on you being wrong.

Fairfax County:
4.63% Muslim
http://www.bestplaces.net/religion/county/virginia/fairfax

DC:
0.67% Muslim
http://www.bestplaces.net/religion/city/district_of_columbia/washington