Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2600710 times)

shemptiness

Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #4020 on: November 10, 2015, 09:53:28 am »
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 09:57:36 am by Nuke LaLush »

shemptiness

« Reply #4022 on: November 10, 2015, 12:39:28 pm »
Helmut Schmidt

Yada

« Reply #4023 on: November 10, 2015, 12:41:26 pm »
Star Wars fan whose dying last wish was to see the new release.

Yada

« Reply #4024 on: November 10, 2015, 12:44:50 pm »
Tommy Hanson

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4025 on: November 10, 2015, 12:48:46 pm »
Tommy Hanson
Hopefull Zac and Ike keep going as a duo.  :'(
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #4026 on: November 10, 2015, 12:55:52 pm »
Tommy Hanson
Hopefull Zac and Ike keep going as a duo.  :'(

Maybe they could get their cousin to join the band. Hopefully he wouldn't be a dick like the Wilson brothers' cousin.

hutch

« Reply #4027 on: November 10, 2015, 02:32:18 pm »
Allen Toussaint

wow..that really blows.. he was still performing on top of his game...heck I think he had a show scheduled for the Hamilton?

amazingly influential..he played silver spring jazz festival maybe 6-7 years ago... I just walked up and was able to stand there watching his hands playing the piano from a few feet away.

« Reply #4028 on: November 10, 2015, 02:42:22 pm »
I just walked up and was able to stand there watching his hands playing the piano from a few feet away.
From the convenience of your own home, there are websites where you can watch some guy play piano with his penis. PM me for linkz.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #4029 on: November 10, 2015, 02:47:41 pm »
I just walked up and was able to stand there watching his hands playing the piano from a few feet away.
From the convenience of your own home, there are websites where you can watch some guy play piano with his penis. PM me for linkz.

i'm sure i'm sure.. just not into piano penis playing but I respect your lifestyle choices...

« Reply #4030 on: November 10, 2015, 02:58:45 pm »
just not into piano penis playing but I respect your lifestyle choices...
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #4031 on: November 10, 2015, 03:10:55 pm »
Allen Toussaint

wow..that really blows.. he was still performing on top of his game...heck I think he had a show scheduled for the Hamilton?

amazingly influential..he played silver spring jazz festival maybe 6-7 years ago... I just walked up and was able to stand there watching his hands playing the piano from a few feet away.

So you're saying he played the piano without even touching it?

hutch

« Reply #4032 on: November 10, 2015, 03:17:34 pm »
Allen Toussaint

So you're saying he played the piano without even touching it?

exactly! amazing New Orleans levitation piano playing technique... unlike the penis players Julian is into these days Allen Toussaint led an entire school of players that took it one step further..

vansmack

« Reply #4033 on: November 10, 2015, 09:09:43 pm »
Former Braves & Angels pitcher Tommy Hanson has  passed away at 29 after falling into a coma

As I feared, it's looking like an overdose/possible suicide.

He took his younger brothers death very hard with Anaheim and was never the same.
27>34

gavroche

« Reply #4034 on: November 10, 2015, 10:19:00 pm »
Re Keystone - it's a victory of the well-heeled over the common good.  The oil will still make its way to market.  It will just do so via Warren Buffett's BNSF railway, which is more expensive and more dangerous to the environment.  It helps the Dems by giving a gift to a select few deep-pocketed activists. I know Tom Steyer. I like Tom Steyer. But much of his many billions came from investments in coal and oil.

The Keystone XL campaign was started 7 years ago, well before oil trains were a thing. 

It's also not as simple as the oil will just get out some other way.  The industry has had to seriously reduce projections, even before the bottom fell out of the market.  Oil trains are also much more expensive than pipelines and so stopping pipelines changes the price point at which tar sands is economically viable.  We are also seeing mines close as a result: http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/oct/28/shell-halts-carmon-creek-oil-sands-project-in-alberta-canada

As for Tom Steyer, it is definitely NOT his money that funded the majority of the groups working on tar sands.  He only got involved after the campaign had already been going for 3 or 4 years.  Like it or not, the pipeline really resonated with people on the ground and that was what made the fight possible.