Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2601144 times)

Yada

Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #4095 on: December 10, 2015, 12:15:15 pm »
She can write editorials criticizing her ex husband of many moons ago for the rest of her life while his royalty checks take care of her and her kids.
What do you want her to do? "No, kids, we can't afford college, Mom is taking a principled stand against your absentee father's money?"

Yes!!! She should donate it to organization's that raise awareness around addiction and physical abuse.
Let me make sure I'm understanding this: her children, on top of not having a father, should suffer financial hardship.

Oh juls, I was joking.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4096 on: December 10, 2015, 12:30:04 pm »
Oh juls, I was joking.
I think you were not joking. I think you were being SERIOUS.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4097 on: December 10, 2015, 12:30:43 pm »
Dropping Like Flies: Commentary Edition?

hutch

« Reply #4098 on: December 10, 2015, 07:59:23 pm »

fuggit
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 10:01:41 pm by hutch »

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #4099 on: December 11, 2015, 02:45:17 pm »
Finally read this... what a big sack of shit.

Great way to bring attention to herself (who obviously knew he had a drug problem WAAAAAAAY before they had kids). I'm sure she's not complaining about the Plush royalties that are streaming into her bank account.

I really liked what his ex wrote.  I had an experience in my life that very closely mirrors hers, minus the fame and $$.

I don't care what her motivations were.  I sent it to a bunch of my friends just to say  "Hey, if you want to understand what me and my kids went through a little better than you already do, then read this.".

walk,on,by

« Reply #4100 on: December 11, 2015, 02:49:05 pm »
I think it came from the anger with dealing with an addict.  me me me people get very old, very quick.  the human response is to develop anger regarding what could or should have been.

Yada

« Reply #4101 on: December 11, 2015, 03:19:58 pm »

Great way to bring attention to herself (who obviously knew he had a drug problem WAAAAAAAY before they had kids). I'm sure she's not complaining about the Plush royalties that are streaming into her bank account.

I really liked what his ex wrote.  I had an experience in my life that very closely mirrors hers, minus the fame and $$.

I don't care what her motivations were.  I sent it to a bunch of my friends just to say  "Hey, if you want to understand what me and my kids went through a little better than you already do, then read this.".

Who chooses to marry a heroin addict? Why would you do that to yourself? Maybe if he turned into an addict post marriage, that's one thing... but once an addict, always an addict, and most likely always a selfish prick like most addicts are.

Relaxer

« Reply #4102 on: December 11, 2015, 03:35:17 pm »
The fact that he was a rich and famous rock star might have contributed a wee bit.
oword

Yada

« Reply #4103 on: December 11, 2015, 03:40:40 pm »
The fact that he was a rich and famous rock star might have contributed a wee bit.

Which has been my stance the whole time. She shouldn't have had children with the guy.

Space Freely

« Reply #4104 on: December 11, 2015, 03:51:30 pm »

Who chooses to marry a heroin addict? Why would you do that to yourself? Maybe if he turned into an addict post marriage, that's one thing... but once an addict, always an addict, and most likely always a selfish prick like most addicts are.

I would like to point out that your statement is very James Ford-ian.

I'm not saying that I disagree with you and James, but do you work in a vocation that deals with a large sample of addicts, or are you just basing your statement on anecdotal evidence and small sample size? Maybe the asshole addicts hog the addict spotlight and there are actually a good many addicts who are not selfish pricks and just happen to be good people who are victims of a disease. I can only think of one addict that I personally know, and I tend to think of him as a goodhearted guy who suffered from abuse as a child and has major problems putting down the bottle. I wouldn't call him a selfish prick though.

« Reply #4105 on: December 11, 2015, 03:58:39 pm »
I can only think of one addict that I personally know, and I tend to think of him as a goodhearted guy who suffered from abuse as a child and has major problems putting down the bottle. I wouldn't call him a selfish prick though.
I will thank you to not make blanket statements about me, Mr. Armchair Psychologist.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #4106 on: December 11, 2015, 04:14:40 pm »

I'm not saying that I disagree with you and James, but do you work in a vocation that deals with a large sample of addicts, or are you just basing your statement on anecdotal evidence and small sample size? Maybe the asshole addicts hog the addict spotlight and there are actually a good many addicts who are not selfish pricks and just happen to be good people who are victims of a disease. I can only think of one addict that I personally know, and I tend to think of him as a goodhearted guy who suffered from abuse as a child and has major problems putting down the bottle. I wouldn't call him a selfish prick though.

Sounds like you're not a good person to have a solid opinion on the matter if you're lucky enough to know one addict. I know many...

Space Freely

« Reply #4107 on: December 11, 2015, 04:22:08 pm »

Sounds like you're not a good person to have a solid opinion on the matter if you're lucky enough to know one addict. I know many...

Fair enough...

Douglas Tompkins, the entrepreneur and environmentalist who co-founded outdoor equipment giant The North Face almost 50 years ago, has died in a kayaking accident in the Chilean wilderness he dedicated his life to preserving.

« Reply #4108 on: December 11, 2015, 04:27:34 pm »
Douglas Tompkins, the entrepreneur and environmentalist who co-founded outdoor equipment giant The North Face almost 50 years ago, has died in a kayaking accident in the Chilean wilderness he dedicated his life to preserving.
Sounds like he had it coming to him.
LVMH

« Reply #4109 on: December 11, 2015, 07:31:30 pm »
I can only think of one addict that I personally know, and I tend to think of him as a goodhearted guy who suffered from abuse as a child and has major problems putting down the bottle. I wouldn't call him a selfish prick though.
I will thank you to not make blanket statements about me, Mr. Armchair Psychologist.
POTW
slack