Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2601361 times)

Yada

Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #4830 on: November 18, 2016, 11:17:47 am »
what.cd has been shut down.  :'(

One of the best music sharing sites you could ask for.

Came in to post the same thing.  Is there anything comparable anymore?  If anyone has an invite to share elsewhere, would be incredibly grateful.

RIP   This hurts worse than when Oink went down.  I heard Waffles is MIA as well. 

oink was amazing... what a time and place for stealing music. I actually haven't used waffles or what since Spotify came out, but they will be missed.

Yada

walkie,talkie

« Reply #4832 on: November 18, 2016, 01:07:51 pm »
I loved the times, when people bashed artists for dare complaining, about people stealing their music, as if being a musical artist was not a job . . . it was a hobby, you stupid long haired hippy.

case in point, when kid rock told people to go ahead and steal cars and anything else, since stealing music was "ok" and he faced such back,lash.

Yada

« Reply #4833 on: November 18, 2016, 01:29:44 pm »
I loved the times, when people bashed artists for dare complaining, about people stealing their music, as if being a musical artist was not a job . . . it was a hobby, you stupid long haired hippy.

case in point, when kid rock told people to go ahead and steal cars and anything else, since stealing music was "ok" and he faced such back,lash.

right on, sister.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4834 on: November 18, 2016, 03:54:02 pm »
Those of us who aren't criminals who hate musicians and actually buy our music DGAF.

not sure that your use of "DGAF" is kosher...
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #4835 on: November 18, 2016, 09:50:39 pm »
The horrible, horrible year continues.

Sharon Jones

hutch

« Reply #4836 on: November 18, 2016, 10:29:51 pm »

Sharon Jones

oh no!

she had began to suffer the effects appearance-wise but I was hoping for the best... what a brave woman..

I saw her open for Darryl Hall one time.. at the Warner Theatre... she seemed like the nicest woman

she had pancreatic cancer... pancreatic, bile duct and liver are incredibly difficult cancers... I have no had a friend who got bile duct cancer and he was gone in 18 months... and it was such a painful hard way to go... he couldn't keep any food down and just wasted away literally until one day he was so weak he just died.. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy..

now I'm not saying Sharon's experience was like that.. but yeah, pancreatic cancer is a bitch
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 10:47:51 pm by hutch »

hutch

« Reply #4837 on: November 18, 2016, 10:35:05 pm »
Man I just can't remember any year that comes even close to 2016 in terms of musicians dying....brutal....

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4838 on: November 18, 2016, 11:29:18 pm »
I don't want to jinx this shit or whatever, but I'm really quite surprised that all of the Rolling Stones are still alive. I'd like to see them one more time...

Space Freely

« Reply #4839 on: November 19, 2016, 12:03:27 am »

Sharon Jones

oh no!

she had began to suffer the effects appearance-wise but I was hoping for the best... what a brave woman..

I saw her open for Darryl Hall one time.. at the Warner Theatre... she seemed like the nicest woman

she had pancreatic cancer... pancreatic, bile duct and liver are incredibly difficult cancers... I have no had a friend who got bile duct cancer and he was gone in 18 months... and it was such a painful hard way to go... he couldn't keep any food down and just wasted away literally until one day he was so weak he just died.. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy..

now I'm not saying Sharon's experience was like that.. but yeah, pancreatic cancer is a bitch

My dad died of pancreatic cancer 20 years ago. It is brutal.

hutch

« Reply #4840 on: November 19, 2016, 08:30:28 am »

Sharon Jones

oh no!

My dad died of pancreatic cancer 20 years ago. It is brutal.

wow sorry to hear that Space..

dyecraig

« Reply #4841 on: November 19, 2016, 08:33:45 am »
^ i'm sorry space.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #4842 on: November 20, 2016, 07:27:00 pm »
She was the strongest person any of us had ever known, and she just kept singing. She didn't want to stop singing.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/la-et-ms-sharon-jones-gabriel-roth-last-days-20161119-story.html
T.Rex

Space Freely

« Reply #4843 on: November 20, 2016, 07:36:23 pm »
I was at a brewpub Saturday night and they played Sharon Jones for the who two hours we were there. It was pretty awesome. The whole time I wondered what percentage of the crowd recognized who it was that was playing.

walkie,talkie

« Reply #4844 on: November 20, 2016, 07:53:25 pm »
Some people care about things, other people don't care about the things, that some people care about.  It's called, life . . . which leads to death, of all caring.