Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2547351 times)

Space Freely

Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #7500 on: December 02, 2020, 09:19:48 am »
Sweetcell must be older than me. Back in the 60's and 70's, I didn't even know what a gay person was, much less talk about who was the girl!

hutch

« Reply #7501 on: December 02, 2020, 09:42:51 am »
Growing up in an Argentine conservative catholic family we didn’t know any gay people...about all I knew was gay people weren’t getting into heaven....I was definitely taught it was a bad thing

I count sharing a bedroom with an out of the closet gay person at 19 in a conservative college as personal growth but hey sorry I am not woke enough...

Yada

« Reply #7502 on: December 02, 2020, 09:44:49 am »
Growing up in an Argentine conservative catholic family we didn’t know any gay people...about all I knew was gay people weren’t getting into heaven....I was definitely taught it was a bad thing

I count sharing a bedroom with an out of the closet gay person at 19 in a conservative college as personal growth but hey sorry I am not woke enough...

Unless you were fellating him/her, it doesn't count as personal growth.

hutch

« Reply #7503 on: December 02, 2020, 09:48:59 am »
No can’t say that happened..definitely wasn’t my type.. I did benefit in terms of exposure to some cool dance music

Yada

« Reply #7504 on: December 02, 2020, 09:51:04 am »
No can’t say that happened..definitely wasn’t my type.. I did benefit in terms of exposure to some cool dance music

Yup... doesn't count then as being exposed and accepting him/her/they in full.

Space Freely

« Reply #7505 on: December 02, 2020, 09:52:52 am »

I hear ya Hutch. I grew up in an evangelical family in rural, conservative upstate New York (though i started shedding my faith as soon as i started to develop heterosexual feelings, as i don't think *any* pre-marital sexual feelings were acceptable). One of my best friends when i was 19 was a gender confused, sexually ambiguous Madonna-wannabe. 30+ years later, I've lost touch with him/her/they. I'm sure he/she/they now have figured it all out, and now I'm the confused one who woke people think is a dick when i try to tell them this guy was my friend.

This is a problem with liberals, imo. Too much focus on wokeness and moral superiority (just like conservatives) and not enough focus on healthcare and economic issues. We'll probably lose in 2024.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #7506 on: December 02, 2020, 10:00:40 am »
This is a problem with liberals, imo. Too much focus on wokeness and moral superiority (just like conservatives) and not enough focus on healthcare and economic issues. We'll probably lose in 2024.

Name that logical fallacy! I *think* its red herring, but I've never been great at this.

hutch

« Reply #7507 on: December 02, 2020, 10:03:26 am »
Well shame on you! How dare you not know the lingo!

Off with your head!

Space Freely

« Reply #7508 on: December 02, 2020, 10:27:36 am »
You know how when gay guys can't understand how another guy could possibly want to eat pussy? That's probably the logical equivalent of people not understanding the concept of the genitals you were biologically born with not defining who you are gender-wise.

« Reply #7509 on: December 02, 2020, 10:30:06 am »
slack

hutch

« Reply #7510 on: December 02, 2020, 10:43:16 am »
Well isn’t that what the French Revolution turned into: a contest to see who could be most woke?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #7511 on: December 02, 2020, 11:36:07 am »
. . . the French Revolution . . .
Trigger Warning please. The fall of Julian's France still stings some of us to our very core.
LVMH

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #7512 on: December 02, 2020, 11:36:42 am »
But seriously, you all are having one hell of a hissyfit. All y'all go outside (socially distanced) and get some fresh air or something. Geez.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #7513 on: December 02, 2020, 11:44:38 am »
But seriously, you all are having one hell of a hissyfit. All y'all go outside (socially distanced) and get some fresh air or something. Geez.

All ya'll = All three of you get out of here!

Space Freely

« Reply #7514 on: December 02, 2020, 11:48:34 am »

I don't think in this instance it's me that's having the hissyfit. But it certainly has been on any number of occasions. I think it's often the case for me that other things in my life are stressing me out, and i tend to take it out on strangers, acquaintances, and friends in internet forums. Perhaps that's the case for others? These are stressful times for many, hopefully 2021 brings us much closer to the light at the end of the tunnel.